Thread: Another Newbie asking forhelp Identifying Pachislo Model

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another Newbie asking forhelp Identifying Pachislo Model

Hello to all, so happy to be here.

I recently acquired my first Pachislo machine and I was hoping one of the experts here can please tell me the name of this machine and where I might find some specific literature for it since the markings inside are almost all in Japanese. A picture is attached.

The machine is super clean and appears to work fine except I haven't yet figured out the relationship between adding coins and using the joystick.
    A label inside the machine says JUKI and JSH-777B.

Thanks in advance for any help identifying this machine and how it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Newbie asking forhelp Identifying Pachislo Model

Gin Gin Maru

Truck driving themed

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks for the fast response!
    Now after your id of the machine I've been looking around for some documentation and it's very hard on the eyes so I'll have to stop.
    Maybe I can find something or by trial and error figure out more about how it plays.
    And, I did see that a volume control modification is essential for this machine and from my short time just testing it that is definitely true.
    Again, thank you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Compirate, I forgot to ask if you also have this machine.
    May I ask some specific operational questions as part of this thread, or start a new thread with some questions, or ask you via a private message?
    Not sure how to proceed with very specific questions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had this game a while back. Post any questions here and we'll try to give you answers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, thank you.
    I'll try and go in order, starting with how the credits and related buttons work.

I see that the three vertical diamonds on the left side of the panel above the joystick light up one by one as each of the first 3 tokens are put in, and with the 3rd token the two horizontal diamonds to the left light up too. At that point, no credits are shown in the credit window but pressing the joystick spins the wheels for a game. If additional tokens are added beyond the first three and before pressing the joystick, credits will start showing in the window (only the additional credits beyond the initial three). So, the questions are:
    1. What are the titles (they are in Japanese) of the three windows in the panel below the wheels? The two-digit window on the left is where credits show up for tokens put in beyond the original 3, but then there is the center three-digit window and the two-digit window on the right which I never see lit up. A close up of those windows is attached at the bottom of this post..

2. It is very tedious putting in tokens in multiples of 3 in order to be able to start games to test this machine. Is there a clean way to break into a wire somewhere and install an external "free play" push button credit switch?

3. On the left side next to the joystick, there is a silver button which is used to pay out tokens for all remaining credits, right? (I saw something about a limit of 50, what is that about?)

4. Above the joystick there are two smaller buttons labeled "1 bet" and "2 bet". What do they do? The only thing I found is if there are credits showing, pressing the "1 bet" button causes the credits to go up by 1 and pressing the "2 Bet" button causes the credits to go back down by 1. ????

5. The blue "max bet" seems to be the only useful button, and this is the one to press when you want to start a game after a multiple of three tokens have been put in. Right?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pachislo Machine.3 counters.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well let's see...

I haven't played the game (or any pachislo) in a while so I haven't got an answer for No. 1 right now. I'm sure someone will be able to answer that.
    2. There are credit mods, never done it my self. If you grab a stack of tokens and lay them on their side in that groove in the token slot and kind of jiggle them forward with your thumb, it's kind of a speed loading thing.
    3. Yes, that's a payout thing. 50 credit limit is a rule thing in Japan. Not sure in this game, but if you press the button and pay out, it will then only take the three tokens and no more per spin. It will also pay out anything you win immediately. You have to press the payout button again to put it back into credit mode.
    4. Some machines you can play one, two or three tokens per spin (1 is center row of reels, 2 is all three rows, 3 is all three rows plus diagonals). Most machines are 3 token only, so those buttons may be just a holdover from other games.
    5. Yes, if it's a 3 token bet game only, that's the best button.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you again!

A few more tests, and now:

1. and 2. - Is it allowed for me to start a new thread to seek answers about #1 translation (I tried a couple of translate programs but no luck)
    and #2 credit mods (I did credit mods to pinball and arcade video games but that wiring was different).
    I suspect other members might not want to read through all of this thread and I won't get an answer unless I break out the questions.

3. - Your suspicion was right, pressing the silver button and getting the tokens paid out doesn't change to a limitation of 3 tokens to play and no accumulation of credits by adding more tokens on this machine.
    But can you please elaborate a little on the 50 token limit? I don't understand how that comes into effect and how it works.

4. and 5. - You're right, it's a 3 token machine and the "1 bet" and "2 bet" buttons are irrelevant. Put in 3 coins or credits and press the "Max" button to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Well let's see...

I haven't played the game (or any pachislo) in a while so I haven't got an answer for No. 1 right now. I'm sure someone will be able to answer that.
    2. There are credit mods, never done it my self. If you grab a stack of tokens and lay them on their side in that groove in the token slot and kind of jiggle them forward with your thumb, it's kind of a speed loading thing.
    3. Yes, that's a payout thing. 50 credit limit is a rule thing in Japan. Not sure in this game, but if you press the button and pay out, it will then only take the three tokens and no more per spin. It will also pay out anything you win immediately. You have to press the payout button again to put it back into credit mode.
    4. Some machines you can play one, two or three tokens per spin (1 is center row of reels, 2 is all three rows, 3 is all three rows plus diagonals). Most machines are 3 token only, so those buttons may be just a holdover from other games.
    5. Yes, if it's a 3 token bet game only, that's the best button.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure you can start another thread about the translation thing. I got the last one at least - 払出 - Payout. If you can post hi-res clear pics of just the characters, perhaps I can figure them out too The reflective gold background in the last one made it easier to figure out instead of the darkened center and left ones. I use the windows IME pad (a way to put Japanese characters into text docs) then paste that into Google Translate.

Not sure what you're asking about the 50 credit limit. It's just what the rule in Japan is. The game can only hold 50 credits. If you win, anything over 50 credits gets paid out.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The 50 credit limit - are you saying that if I somehow managed between tokens and winnings to accumulate 80 credits, and I pushed the silver payout button,
    it would only payout 30 tokens and keep 50 credits on the machine?
    And if that's so, then how would a player ever get those remaining 50 tokens? That's what I don't understand.

I am attaching pictures of the left, center, and right symbols over the respective LED counters although you already wrote that the symbol on left means "Payout" .
    I don't know if these pictures are good enough to use, I appreciate your offer to try and translate, but I don't want to wear out my welcome if it is too annoying of a job.
    Left Symbols (Not too Sharp).jpgCenter Symbols.jpgRight Symbols.jpg

Sure you can start another thread about the translation thing. I got the last one at least - 払出 - Payout. If you can post hi-res clear pics of just the characters, perhaps I can figure them out too The reflective gold background in the last one made it easier to figure out instead of the darkened center and left ones. I use the windows IME pad (a way to put Japanese characters into text docs) then paste that into Google Translate.

Not sure what you're asking about the 50 credit limit. It's just what the rule in Japan is. The game can only hold 50 credits. If you win, anything over 50 credits gets paid out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, the max credit limit is 50. If you won say 15 more, those would payout immediately. Then when you made your next bet, the credit display would be 47. If you win another 15, 3 would go to your credit (back up to 50) and the remaining 12 would pay out. Any wins with the credit display less than 50 go to the credit first, payout second. You press that payout button to cash in your credit amount, if any.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't necessarily have translations, but the display on the left is credits, the one in the middle is about the bonus rounds, the one on the right is whatever the reels have lined up to for a payout. You get three of those gold tickets in a row, it should say 10, three watermelon, 3, according to the payout schedule at the top.

I'll see if I can come up with a playguide for pachislo that can be understood that helps to explain the bonus rounds, unless someone else want's the job!

The name in Japanese is ギンギン丸
    Google that if you really want confusion!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I get it. Thanks once again.
    Besides translation, next step will be to try and find a game play manual and an operating/service manual.
    From a forum search here and an outside internet search so far don't see any source. Have you any suggestions on that?

Yes, the max credit limit is 50. If you won say 15 more, those would payout immediately. Then when you made your next bet, the credit display would be 47. If you win another 15, 3 would go to your credit (back up to 50) and the remaining 12 would pay out. Any wins with the credit display less than 50 go to the credit first, payout second. You press that payout button to cash in your credit amount, if any.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you again and again.
    I don't need any extra confusion, I'm pretty good at finding enough already (Hahaha)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is the company website for the game : http://www.rodeo.ne.jp/catalog/gingin/index.html

I see in this game that during a bonus, the LED matrix to the right of the reels will tell you which direction to press the reel stop buttons.

Playing Pachislo

Insert 3 or more tokens

Your job is to try and stop the reels on three of the main or secondary symbols (in some games, red ones are the main (Big Bonus), blue are seconday (Small Bonus), in others a 'Bar' is secondary).

Getting three small blue symbols, or Jacs, pays nothing, but gives you a free spin. If you get 3 of the main symbols in a row, you get a Big Bonus. The center digital display should have 2 sets of numbers, the round and the spins left. Your job is to get the 3 main symbols to line up each time (easier during a bonus).

If during this you get 3 Jacs in a row, you will now have a Jac-In round, where you can press the buttons any time and will pretty much always win till that round ends. Then you go back to the main bonus round. There are 3 Jac-In rounds. If during the bonus, you end up with the 3rd Jac-In round, when its over the bonus is over, even if there's still spins left in the main bonus. It's always good to try to get the last Jac-In as far to the end of the main bonus as possible. If you hit the first button and get a Jac, try hitting the buttons out of order to avoid it if possible if you aren't too far into the main bonus yet. You don't want to avoid them all, cause they're easy money, but to get the most out of a bonus, you want to be able to get all your spins too.

I used to live in Maryland, if I was there, I'd stop by and give it a play for old time sake!
    Last edited by compirate; 06-25-2022 at 09:00 PM.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drosen View Post
    Now I get it. Thanks once again.
    Besides translation, next step will be to try and find a game play manual and an operating/service manual.
    From a forum search here and an outside internet search so far don't see any source. Have you any suggestions on that?
    Game play I think your gonna have to figure out with play.
    Operating/Service manual is impossible. Old game (in the grand scheme of Pachislo) and not readily available to the public. Things like that come up on Yahoo Japan Auctions now and then, but like I said, it's an old game.
    Any question about how something works can be answered here, we got a lot of knowledgeable people!

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How you were able to figure out all those details about game play from a website 100% in Japanese....you're a genius!
    Go Mountaineers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That gameplay pretty much covers all pachislo. The specifics of GinGin Maru are another matter