Thread: Single shot pachinko - Hawaii - $50

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Bowl987

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Single shot pachinko - Hawaii - $50

I came here after purchasing a pachislo so have limited knowledge of pachinko. To sum up, I see this machine is a single-shot and... yep...

Since this is a rare opportunity for me to get something locally, I want to consider picking this up but I have no idea what I'm looking at other than cleaning and some woodwork. I guess the first question is the circular hole bottom left? Next is if anything is obviously missing or damaged?

Finally, if I do look at this, what should I be looking for?

TIA

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The hole to the left is a window to view the jackpot seesaw. Can't see much from the picture...but looks complete from this angle. it is a pre 1964 machine. I say this because the lower jackpot tray is tin, as opposed to plastic.
    The member who started this thread is in Ohio...how bad will shipping be to Hawaii?

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Never mind...I just clicked and discovered!
    I would buy it in a minute! first of all...it probably works, as long as nothing is broken or missing. Model A machines have more wire linkages that can be bent out of shape...and look intimidating, but can almost always be fixed. just need a working example to copy! I can help you with this!
    From the bad angle pic...it looks complete. it is as clean as expected. And it has a metal lower tray! I would buy it for that reason alone. Look at all the Model A machines for sale on eBay...all of them have plastic trays. You simply don't see them that often.
    And the price? At $50.00...BUY IT QUICKLY!

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What to look for? Anything that looks broken. Any evidence that "something" was once attached...but no longer there! That can often be a problem. Bad playing surface is the biggie. This one looks fine. It is faded, but all 58+ year old backgrounds will be faded. Even a badly water stained background (called a cell) will play fine. You just have to look at it! The same is true for rust on the frame. You can replace the cell easier than you can make a badly rusted frame look good!
    Rust on the back is a bigger problem. They are ALL gonna have some surface rust in many places. It is heavier flaking rust in ball path places that will flake off and spread throughout the machine when played. This don't look bad.
    Water damage! This one don't have this problem. But, avoid a machine that has soaked up enough water to delaminate!
    I would buy this right away. If something looks scary...post a pic. Almost anything can be fixed! 50 bucks is a great deal!

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I remember reading somewhere on the forum that Hawaii doesn't get many opportunities so that's why I tried to highlight this one.

Pachiwall so you don't feel left out, here's a single shot in ohio. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...tory_type=post
    280572709_4989740244442467_9181422205383373376_n.png274831485_5383566938361389_4532223576746922256_n.jpg

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Bowl987

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I'll be checking out this machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I went ahead and purchased the machine. The first thing I'll need to take care of is possible termites. I'd rather not replace all the wood but will if it's bad enough. So far I only found a recommendation to treat the wood with Borate. Are there other methods for this to consider?

The next issue is the wood behind the cell has been eaten away in some areas where it is thin enough to press on the play side of the cell and it can be felt through the back. I was wondering if it is possible to seperate the cell from the wood without damaging it? I could also fill the holes with epoxy but that depends on whether or not I can take care of possible termites first.

Once those things are taken care of, I can start cleaning and polishing parts, adjusting, wiring, etc.

Anyway, suggestions on any of this?

Thanks again!

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Falken Hawke