Thread: EMA D-ZONE trouleshooting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default EMA D-ZONE trouleshooting

Hello all! I'm brand new to pachislo but I do have some experience with American slot machines. I'm currently working on a D-ZONE machine and not quite sure where to go from here. When I turn the unit on I get a short clip of music on a loop (the music it would play if you were to hit 777). When the music starts, the reels tick like they are engaging but they don't spin. There is nothing displayed in the HIT, CREDIT, or WIN windows so doing a reset isn't really an option (although I did go through the motions just in case). So far I have checked all the fuses, cleaned and reseated every connector, and cleaned the optics on the spin lever. I also removed the stop board and tested the caps. They all tested good. While I had the stop board removed from the machine, I powered it up and found that it behaves exactly the same with or without the stop board installed. Every now and then, a power-cycle results in the machine going into to some sort of hopper purge mode where it spits out all of the coins and continues to spin even after it has ejected all the coins. When it's in this purge mode there is no music. I sure would appreciate any advice or suggestions on where to go from here. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: EMA D-ZONE trouleshooting

So I've decided that it has to be the stop board. Seeing as how I am limited in fully testing all components I decided to replace the whole board. Turns out it's impossible to find parts for this machine. I did find one board that is remarkably close. What are your thought? Is this going to work? Mine is the one that says EMA-700-1.

Screenshot_20220602-151807_eBay.jpg20220602_104446.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I replaced the stop board and that did nothing to resolve the problem.

Next step is removing and cleaning the stop buttons. Any idea how I go about removing those? Not having much luck figuring that out either.
    20220604_131405.jpg
    20220604_131356.jpg

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like tabs on either side that have to be pushed in then they come out the front.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Looks like tabs on either side that have to be pushed in then they come out the front.
    And here I was trying to pull the darn thing. What a maroon!
    Thank you for the help compirate! Much appreciated!

e807954adb5e5ceb2c7c40c43d0555c8.jpg

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Sedojo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update: I replaced the door optics board so now I know one more thing that doesn't solve the problem. Not sure where to go from here but I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet.