Thread: Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors"

So I picked up a “Yakyuuken” (野球拳) or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors” pretty cheap on marketplace and it was listed as working perfectly.

Unfortunately, this machine's screen does not seem to work. Reportedly its from 1993?

Strangely, it came with another replacement screen, or perhaps the original screen that was replaced?

The screen illuminates, but shows nothing but black. I can't figure out if the LCD itself is bad, or if the video signal being sent to the LCD from the mainboard is bad. Perhaps the video crapped out and the prior owner got a replacement screen somehow, but I don't know if that one is also bad (the secondary screen has some dead pixels but is otherwise also showing black) or if the video controller is toast.

I'm relatively new to pachinko machines, though soldering/electronics are kind of my jam, so I'm down to do whatever to make this thing work. I Want to put it in the lobby of my medical practice just as sort of a fun thing for patients to mess around with while waiting (I've already got an arcade machine!)

Any input is appreciated. I did find this youtube video of the game in play, which I find hilarious as I had no idea it was a "Scandalous" game when I got it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zmMnVjsxqo

Here is a page with some info on it, if you use chrome, right click and click translate to english:

https://www.pachinkovillage.com/news_2/?id=29202

20220518_171003.jpg
    20220518_170956.jpg

Anyone who can offer any input on how I can fix this thing, what parts I might need, or how to go about that, i'd be thrilled. Thank you!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drwillpowers