Thread: Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors"

So I picked up a “Yakyuuken” (野球拳) or “Strip Rock-paper-scissors” pretty cheap on marketplace and it was listed as working perfectly.

Unfortunately, this machine's screen does not seem to work. Reportedly its from 1993?

Strangely, it came with another replacement screen, or perhaps the original screen that was replaced?

The screen illuminates, but shows nothing but black. I can't figure out if the LCD itself is bad, or if the video signal being sent to the LCD from the mainboard is bad. Perhaps the video crapped out and the prior owner got a replacement screen somehow, but I don't know if that one is also bad (the secondary screen has some dead pixels but is otherwise also showing black) or if the video controller is toast.

I'm relatively new to pachinko machines, though soldering/electronics are kind of my jam, so I'm down to do whatever to make this thing work. I Want to put it in the lobby of my medical practice just as sort of a fun thing for patients to mess around with while waiting (I've already got an arcade machine!)

Any input is appreciated. I did find this youtube video of the game in play, which I find hilarious as I had no idea it was a "Scandalous" game when I got it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zmMnVjsxqo

Here is a page with some info on it, if you use chrome, right click and click translate to english:

https://www.pachinkovillage.com/news_2/?id=29202

20220518_171003.jpg
    20220518_170956.jpg

Anyone who can offer any input on how I can fix this thing, what parts I might need, or how to go about that, i'd be thrilled. Thank you!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drwillpowers

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-sciss

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Screen not functional on Sanyo “Yakyuuken” 野球拳 or “Strip Rock-paper-sciss

If anyone can point me even in the right direction of where I might be able to go or contact to try and fix this guy, that would also be appreciated as well. This is my first "pachinko surgery" so I'm not even sure where to begin with it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drwillpowers View Post
    If anyone can point me even in the right direction of where I might be able to go or contact to try and fix this guy, that would also be appreciated as well. This is my first "pachinko surgery" so I'm not even sure where to begin with it.
    Cool machine; but It won’t be cheap; I know a guy on here who spent several hundred dollars having and electronic repair guy fix an old 90’s Sankyo Fever Powerful with dud CRT; much more money than most would consider the machine worth ($100 tops) Hopefully you didn’t pay too much for a machine with no working screen; as they aren’t worth much.

The problem you’ll find is that screen is no longer manufactured; so second hand market is the only option, and they are usually pricey. You’d have to shop for one on yahoo auctions or wait for a parts machine with working screen.

So you must ask yourself; how much money are you willing to throw at this machine with no guarantees it will work? And if you do replace the screen it will still be another old screen that might go out. It may make more sense to buy a new machine; JT Comatz has been selling newer machines for as low as $120 lately via the group FB purchases…

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it’s the video board that controls the screen; that’s even worse since you’ll need to find a whole new cell basically. That’s your last option; cell swap it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good light and a Magnifying glass and check the back electronics for burnt out and cracked components also the cable's check for bent or missing pins .

One thing That I learned while working with the machines is you might have tarnished connections so you "work" the connectors by disconnecting and connecting the cable's but be careful and only do this by holding each side of the connectors and don't pull on the wires .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I actually fixed it! It was a short on the main board.

Its working perfectly now.

On the front is 15 x 7 which I think corresponds to the ball rewards for dropping one in a prize slot.

Currently its dumping out 7 balls, is there some common mechanism to change this to 15?

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drwillpowers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, what is this about JT Comatz group facebook purchasing?

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I actually fixed it! It was a short on the main board.

Its working perfectly now.

On the front is 15 x 7 which I think corresponds to the ball rewards for dropping one in a prize slot.

Currently its dumping out 7 balls, is there some common mechanism to change this to 15?
    Congratulations! Always a happy day in Pachiland when a game is brought back to life!

The 7 ball win is for any pocket, the 15 is any bonus win.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JT-Comatz Trading Co. Shippers of machines from Japan.

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...games+purchase

You seemed to already have the Addiction

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s a Taiwanese pachinko/pachislo dealer that has been selling machines at good prices and offers bulk shipping by the pallet; 10+ buyers have been splitting the shipping cost to the US. Which is hundreds of dollars cheaper than you would spend importing a machine via Yahoo auctions. Clover collectables is the only other vendor who’s prices even come close after shipping is factored (Clover has free shipping) however Clover got their new stock from JT Comtaz, so you are getting a JT Comatz machine no matter what.

You have to join the North American pachinko club on FB to participate in the next shipment coming up.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am putting an order together that will be shipped from Taiwan to Michigan via JT Comatz. My post is in the main Modern Pachinko forum.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where did you find the short, i cant find any schematics for these damn things. LOL