Thread: Pachislo Wonderful World - Stuck on Error Code 3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Wonderful World - Stuck on Error Code 3

First post...appreciate any help here!

Was given a Bingo / Wonderful World Pachislo machine and it seems to be stuck on Error Code 3. It powers up, makes an alarm noise when you disconnect the hopper when it's powered on (alarm?) But will not come alive for play.

I can set the odds without issue, cleared the fault codes, but the dang error code 3 keeps coming back. Oh the hopper is loaded with 500 coins also.

Lastly I disconnected and reconnected all harnesses etc. Oh I also see it has a different power supply then others out there (no key for reset etc., just a red button)

Thanks in advance, I really want to try and get it working!20220501_135700.jpg20220501_135708.jpg20220501_135623.jpg20220501_135700.jpg20220501_135708.jpg20220501_135623.jpg20220501_135700.jpg20220501_135708.jpg20220501_135623.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Wonderful World - Stuck on Error Code 3

20220501_135623.jpg20220501_135700.jpg20220501_135708.jpgFirst post...appreciate any help here!

Was given a Bingo / Wonderful World Pachislo machine and it seems to be stuck on Error Code 3. It powers up, makes an alarm noise when you disconnect the hopper when it's powered on (alarm?) But will not come alive for play.

I can set the odds without issue, cleared the fault codes, but the dang error code 3 keeps coming back. Oh the hopper is loaded with 500 coins also.

Lastly I disconnected and reconnected all harnesses etc. Oh I also see it has a different power supply then others out there (no key for reset etc., just a red button)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Wonderful World - Stuck on Error Code 3

sorry i cant help ya much im more of a pachinko kinda guy..

if you could keep your post to one thread will help us help you get it sorted out.. (less confusing)

can you post a pic of the whole inside of door..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks and I appreciate the help, I for some reason cannot delete this post, cannot find the delete button anywhere unfortunately.

That said I have attached a picture of the back of the door, so let me know if you have any thoughts!20220501_181316.jpg

5. The following user says "Thanks" to jonnad11

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and a biscuit
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

It looks like your reset key switch was replaced with a standard on/off switch, which is a common mod especially if the key is lost..

Make sure you're doing the full reset procedure..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpc8K4F6KPw

Full reset (sometimes referred to here as the hard reset) it includes changing or setting the odds as part of the procedure..

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Odds setting button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the suggestion but the process with the key seems very different than with the red and white buttons. I tried to work through it with the same steps, but it's vastly different given the buttons do not toggle so to speak. Really appreciate any more insights!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

BTW the red button is labelled 'Error Clear'. and the white one is marked 'settings'

so I GUESS.........

Full reset (sometimes referred to here as the hard reset) it includes changing or setting the odds as part of the procedure..

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal black rocker switch.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn flick switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Odds setting button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter. (I guess this is the white button)

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds.

7. Turn black switch back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

How ever as you said in post #2 you have done an odds reset.

If its still going into error. it probably indicates a sensor or photocell has failed somewhere. either in the token mech or hopper.

Does it go into alarm if teh hopper is connected or or only disconnected.

try the same with the token acceptor. same two states. power up when connected, power up when disconnected.

also the machines, don't like having more than one input active at a time. A sticking button or lever can cause issues as well.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 05-02-2022 at 05:07 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the reply Drunkenclam, I will go through these steps and give it a try (not overly optimistic)...

If that does not work, I think I am going to start with the hopper assembly, and follow an article I found "7 Steps to Solve Pachislo Slot Machine Hopper Issues".

Overall the machine is in "decent" condition, but there is a lot of age in the cabinet (dust, some rust here and there etc.) and just ensure mechanically it is functional etc.

The alarm goes off when I disconnect and then reconnect the hopper, not sure if that matters much in the diagnosis here? I will also try the coin acceptor and see if that is stuck etc.