Thread: Need Help with figuring out what adapter / transformer I may need to buy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need Help with figuring out what adapter / transformer I may need to buy

Hello there!

I'm a very new person to the pachislot scene and just this morning I was able to win my first machine and it should be arriving hopefully within the next few weeks!

I'm very excited to get my hands on it, but one thing I'm not too certain about is what sort of power I will need to make sure that this runs safely and correctly.

I was able to get mine from Yahoo Auctions and while it does have a brief mention of the power, I can't really decipher exactly what is in it for sure and what I really need.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/l1010646865 <-- this is the link to the auction itself.

On the auction page, in regards to power, it translates to:
    ◆ Household power transformer (transformer (used) / 24V specification machine only / external or main unit mounting / specifications cannot be specified)

And as such, I'm really not sure what that means and what I need to purchase. And so, I am now here so I can see if someone can help me out in making sure I get myself the right thing OR if I just have to wait and see until it gets here, where should I look in / on the machine to make this determination?

Thank you so much in advance!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Help with figuring out what adapter / transformer I may need to buy

Welcome Aboard

Pachislo either run on 100V or 24V. Without looking at the dataplate on the machine or asking someone with the same machine what one it is.

However. The listing seems to say it is ready for home use. It also says it comes with a transformer

Now I always look at that with a pinch of salt as I'm sure its just gerneric text they post in every listing.

Other people in th USA have found that the 100v will work without an issue when they plug it in to their mains outlet as its just on that 10% tolerance. the problems come when they plug a 24v machine into the mains outlet and fry the machine ( Both voltages have the same plugs on them) Or they are in another country like Europe who use 240v mains

So if when it arrives. its a 100v machine, or has a transformer installed you should be good to go.

If in doubt. when it arrives, open up the machine and post some pictures to confirm. better safe than sorry.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Help with figuring out what adapter / transformer I may need to buy

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post

Pachislo either run on 100V or 24V. Without looking at the dataplate on the machine or asking someone with the same machine what one it is.

However. The listing seems to say it is ready for home use. It also says it comes with a transformer

Now I always look at that with a pinch of salt as I'm sure its just gerneric text they post in every listing.

Other people in the USA have found that the 100v will work without an issue when they plug it in to their mains outlet as its just on that 10% tolerance. the problems come when they plug a 24v machine into the mains outlet and fry the machine ( Both voltages have the same plugs on them) Or they are in another country like Europe who use 240v mains

So if when it arrives. its a 100v machine, or has a transformer installed you should be good to go.

If in doubt. when it arrives, open up the machine and post some pictures to confirm. better safe than sorry.
    Good to know at least that its either going to be 100 or 24.

I'll definitely be posting pictures once it arrives, because given how much it'll probably cost to ship, you know I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure I can get it to work proper heh.

If it does run on 24V, what exactly would I need to purchase or get in order to prevent it from frying? I tried doing some quick searches, but didn't really lead me to a path of yes this is what I specifically need. I'm not planning on buying it this second, but if I do need it, I'd rather have it at the ready.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the listing says it comes with one. But if its 24v and doesn't come with on. You need a 110vac to 24vac transfomer rated at approx 8A or 200va.

That is probably an over estimate. as without seeing the data plate. I can't see the power rating. Some people get by on 5A transformers.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the listing says it comes with one. But if its 24v and doesn't come with on. You need a 110vac to 24vac transfomer rated at approx 8A or 200va.

That is probably an over estimate. as without seeing the data plate. I can't see the power rating. Some people get by on 5A transformers.
    Gotcha. It should hopefully arrive soon and I can take some pics once it arrives c: I ordered it through FromJapan and they're usually really fast at getting items over to me, so I'll post again once it arrives c:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I'm still waiting for the machine to arrive at the FJ warehouse, but once it does, it should be here within a matter of days, so stay tuned!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a few machines come over from FJ. No issues yet. But they are just the handlers.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay so it finally has arrived and it's in good condition! Only caveat I see is that there doesn't seem to be a power cable so to speak. I'm attaching pictures of the machine's internals and if anyone can, let me know what I need to get this bad boy up and running!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...bE?usp=sharing <-- This is a link to the photos all together. There's quite a few and I don't want to flood the post with these pics.

Attachment 100399

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You do have a 100vac to 24vac transformer in that round ventilated device underneath the token hopper. It does have a built in circuit breaker (round ,White button that is down which is proper for power . It will pop up if a fault happens )

It looks like it does have a power cord attached and should be either a two prong plug or a Grounded three prong plug

Look inside the machine for the plug
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 04-12-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

16. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    You do have a 100vac to 24vac transformer in that round ventilated device underneath the token hopper. It does have a built in circuit breaker (round ,White button that is down which is proper for power . It will pop up if a fault happens )

It looks like it does have a power cord attached and should be either a two prong plug or a Grounded three prong plug

Look inside the machine for the plug
    I am such a dummy. I don't know how I missed that! It was hidden and wrapped up, but once I got it out and plugged it in, it works like a dream! Thank you so much for the heads up on that and I can also now use this as a reference for any other machines I may get. Thank you all so much!

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Xen