Thread: Spin Luck, Harley Davidson, Las Vegas.. etc current value discussion

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Spin Luck, Harley Davidson, Las Vegas.. etc current value discussion

I figured I would discuss the current state of the markets on the "Big Names" that still get mentioned in the Pachislo collector markets. Of course I am talking about titles like Las Vegas, Spin Luck, Harley Davidson.. etc.

So to start off, do these titles still command the premiums they did back in the early 00's? Are they still highly desirable? What is the deal with pricing on Gundam Year one?

I personally have never "owned" a Harley Davidson, or a Spin Luck, but I have owned a Las Vegas, and Dragon Dice. Both for very short periods of time, just about 1 year and I can say that I did not pay a premium for either. This would have been 2014-2015 right about the time I discovered this site. Neither IMO were anything to write home about, Las Vegas had the speech in english, and a roulette wheel as a gimmick. And Dragon Dice had the Dice gimmick.
    And both were pretty much outclassed by my newer machines to the point that the "gimmicks" were neat but would not hold your attention.

I have seen Spin Luck pop up from time to time locally, and have reached out to sellers to see what it went for. The most recent was $250 but machine was missing keys and tokens. As for Harley Davidson, I have not seen enough of them for sale to form an opinion as of late. Las Vegas also seems to pop up from time to time, for about the same price or less.

These machines used to command $500+ even for incomplete and machines that needed some TLC. I don't think that is the case anymore, if you can find them I think $200-$300 is more the norm and that is complete and with tokens.

And lastly what is the deal with Gundam Year One? I see this machine frequently and its always listed for an absurd amount.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck, Harley Davidson, Las Vegas.. etc current value discussion

I doubt many new people even know about these pachis.. Someone had a Spin Luck for free here a year or two ago without much interest..

I'm pretty sure PT was one the main reasons those machines became so wanted and expensive!!

I'm sure a real Harley could still get good money, probably to a Harley person over a pachi person!! Just because it's Harley and they seemed much more rare than Spin Lucks!!

The special features (Dice, disks, etc..) on these machines where only on these machines, so I think they could still be a fun unique add to anyone's pachi collection as long as they don't cost too much!!

As for the Gundams with crazy prices.. I have no clue.. I remember when they first came to the US for as low as $50, so I don't think they are rare??

I have no idea if they sell, but I would guess the Gundam name and big mech head making it look like a Gundam collectible are the reason people think it can sell for a lot..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck, Harley Davidson, Las Vegas.. etc current value discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I doubt many new people even know about these pachis.. Someone had a Spin Luck for free here a year or two ago without much interest..

I'm pretty sure PT was one the main reasons those machines became so wanted and expensive!!

I'm sure a real Harley could still get good money, probably to a Harley person over a pachi person!! Just because it's Harley and they seemed much more rare than Spin Lucks!!

The special features (Dice, disks, etc..) on these machines where only on these machines, so I think they could still be a fun unique add to anyone's pachi collection as long as they don't cost too much!!

As for the Gundams with crazy prices.. I have no clue.. I remember when they first came to the US for as low as $50, so I don't think they are rare??

I have no idea if they sell, but I would guess the Gundam name and big mech head making it look like a Gundam collectible are the reason people think it can sell for a lot..