Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Facebook Group Pachinko Purchase Experience

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does Anyone Have Facebook Group Pachinko Purchase Experience

Hello,

Does anyone have any Facebook group pachinko purchasing experience? I was thinking of of joining in on this next group and I was curious what I might need to get these modern machines up and running. It looks like I can save a great deal of money by joining the group, but I also do not want to get ripped off or receive any damaged machines. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ahab out . . .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does Anyone Have Facebook Group Pachinko Purchase Experience

your not going to ripped off, you are buying from JT Comatz, pachinkoslot Karen is posting machines almost every night to preview, and Randy Silver ships to you once in states, you pay for machine, then pay for percent of over seas cost of shipping, then you pay for it shipped to you, or pick up in NC
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you look up location of mordern pachinko? He in the same state as you? then no shipping needed
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. I have bought machines in all 3 of the shipments. I bought a Juicy Honey and a Dead or Alive Xtreme; both came in excellent shape; Dead or Alive Xtreme looked barely used.

I have 3 more in the 2nd shipment waiting for pickup in Charleston by the organizer; he’s really nice guy; he will meet me on the way home and drop off my machines here in Charlotte.

I also ordered one more machine in the up coming 3rd shipment yet to ship yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 02-16-2022 at 08:12 PM.

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They (Modern Pachinko) are actually in Farmington Hills Michigan but not a bad drive for multiple machines vs the cost of shipping these days.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, everyone. I have explored Modern Pachinko. They are very nice and I would like to do business with them. However, it would be an eleven hour ride in the car to pay twice as much. I'm happy to drive that far for a similar price, but double is too much.

Lotsoballs, I appreciate your vote of confidence. Would you know what I will need to do to make their machines ready for play here in the USA?

I appreciate all of your feedback.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Ahab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Thank you, everyone. I have explored Modern Pachinko. They are very nice and I would like to do business with them. However, it would be an eleven hour ride in the car to pay twice as much. I'm happy to drive that far for a similar price, but double is too much.

Lotsoballs, I appreciate your vote of confidence. Would you know what I will need to do to make their machines ready for play here in the USA?

I appreciate all of your feedback.
    You have to make some wood “feet” or a cabinet so it doesn’t tip over at home; then you simply plug them into a 24v transformer and pour balls in and turn it on; plug and play, JT Comatz does charge extra for a transformer however $60; where most vendors include them. Still, cost savings are significant when the machines are hundreds less than the competition.

I recommend buying a card reader emulator (Daverob dongle) from Pinball Dave’s site, and you’ll want more balls than what comes with the machine; at least an extra 1000.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 02-17-2022 at 12:24 PM.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if your new to the hobby, I would buy one at the higher cost, or find one on craiglist /marketplace, and see if you like the machines, and what you have to do to play it, the hobby is love/hate, all of us can tell you, half of family/friends either play them, or think we are crazy for buying them

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lotsoballs, I will look into a Daverob dongle. I will also inquire about transformers. I estimate I have at least 4000 balls. Probably closer to 5000 currently.

Quester, I currently own 10 vintage machines. I am looking to make the jump to moderns. Finding a local modern just to try it out may be a good idea.

Thank you to everyone.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ahab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Lotsoballs, I will look into a Daverob dongle. I will also inquire about transformers. I estimate I have at least 4000 balls. Probably closer to 5000 currently.

Quester, I currently own 10 vintage machines. I am looking to make the jump to moderns. Finding a local modern just to try it out may be a good idea.

Thank you to everyone.
    i have had up to 40 vintage Machines.. love them..
    Modern machines not so much

to each there own
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2nd shipment arrived, 3 more machines a total of 7 I’ve purchased over the past 3 years from JT Comatz; excellent condition machines and no issues.

You get what you pay for when it comes to modern pachinkos; the older digipachis are way cheaper but also generally not as impressive as the newer machines; also they can be prone to age related component failures. However hanemono machines haven’t changed as much over the past 30 years gameplay wise so if you like skill based and not just fancy animations, animatronics, and gimmicks/gizmos as digipachis a hanemono type is a good introduction to modern machines as an evolution of vintage pachinkos. They can usually be bought in the $100 price range.

Otherwise I recommend just buying the newest digipachi of a theme you like you can afford; it’s not hard to sell them if you pick a good one.

21. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How would you purchase from JT Comatz if you are not on Facebook? Is there no way to get discount shipping? Aki quoted me $700.00 to ship one machine to a suburb of Chicago.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to bigfive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bigfive View Post
    How would you purchase from JT Comatz if you are not on Facebook? Is there no way to get discount shipping? Aki quoted me $700.00 to ship one machine to a suburb of Chicago.
    That sounds about right for a large modern machine. They keep gettign heavier and shipping costs have skyrocketed due to COVID and now increasing fuel prices.

25. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bigfive View Post
    You can add us on whatsapp~
    Shipping with Randy group buy by sea,
    the group shipping is usually 100-120 per machine
    ( from Taiwan to Charleston port)
    and then there's a separate ground shipping charge

Air freight is as follows:
    ✈ Air Freight ✈
    ✔ Delivery time: 3~5 days
    ✔ Shipping is about $700
    (depending on your location)

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Aki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could always look into shipping via Blue Freight (Fastenal) from North Carolina to Chicago area.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to judremy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by judremy View Post
    You could always look into shipping via Blue Freight (Fastenal) from North Carolina to Chicago area.
    How much is shipping through fastenal once it gets to the states? I have one right by my house. Does it save money this way compared to fedex?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    2nd shipment arrived, 3 more machines a total of 7 I’ve purchased over the past 3 years from JT Comatz; excellent condition machines and no issues.

You get what you pay for when it comes to modern pachinkos; the older digipachis are way cheaper but also generally not as impressive as the newer machines; also they can be prone to age related component failures. However hanemono machines haven’t changed as much over the past 30 years gameplay wise so if you like skill based and not just fancy animations, animatronics, and gimmicks/gizmos as digipachis a hanemono type is a good introduction to modern machines as an evolution of vintage pachinkos. They can usually be bought in the $100 price range.

Otherwise I recommend just buying the newest digipachi of a theme you like you can afford; it’s not hard to sell them if you pick a good one.
    How much were balls from JT? I see them asking for .04 per. And pachinko pagoda is asking .039 per ball. Seems like it would be best to get the balls from the states?

Also, what about a transformer? Is it cheaper to buy a transformer in the states or through JT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jstunt1 View Post
    How much were balls from JT? I see them asking for .04 per. And pachinko pagoda is asking .039 per ball. Seems like it would be best to get the balls from the states?

Also, what about a transformer? Is it cheaper to buy a transformer in the states or through JT

I negotiated a cheaper rate than 4 cents each; but then again I’ve bought lots of machines from them too. Probably than anyone else that’s not a pachinko vendor themselves around here!

I’m not sure which is cheaper; shipping from Japan is killer. If you aren’t close to Charlotte NC then there’s probably no money to be saved with group shipments unless you are buying multiple machines/cases of balls at once. Since Fastenal can ship a pallet load.

You might be able to find a cheaper transformer domestically; and save $20 or so but many people that do that buy undersized ones and end up having to buy a second properly sized one (8+ amps)

You can certainly get them cheaper in Japan; but then there’s shipping; which eats into any savings you are getting. You get the gist with importing heavy items from Japan goes!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 12-11-2023 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    I negotiated a cheaper rate than 4 cents each; but then again I’ve bought lots of machines from them too. Probably than anyone else that’s not a pachinko vendor themselves around here!

I’m not sure which is cheaper; shipping from Japan is killer. If you aren’t close to Charlotte NC then there’s probably no money to be saved with group shipments unless you are buying multiple machines/cases of balls at once. Since Fastenal can ship a pallet load.

You might be able to find a cheaper transformer domestically; and save $20 or so but many people that do that buy undersized ones and end up having to buy a second properly sized one (8+ amps)

You can certainly get them cheaper in Japan; but then there’s shipping; which eats into any savings you are getting. You get the gist with importing heavy items from Japan goes!
    Do you have an Amazon link of a transformer you would recommend that would work for the machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jstunt1 View Post
    Do you have an Amazon link of a transformer you would recommend that would work for the machines?

No, I’m not sure where to get them domestically. But you want a 110v to 24v with 8-10+ amps

If you get one of the big transformers like the parlors use, you can run multiple machines off of one transformer. That might be cheaper actually than 3-4 of the heavy 8 amp ones JT Comatz sells. They are also big and heavy; about the size of a car battery. I’ve got one of those too.

Checkout the in stock machines at Clover Collectables too since they are in the US already. Not too much selection though.

35. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast