Thread: Which Pachinko Machine seller has given you the best service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Which Pachinko Machine seller has given you the best service

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    get on facebook, north american pachinko club page, there are group imports, splitting cost of shipping to states, then person that does it will ship to you, you pay for machine through company, shipping with member, there on the 3rd shipment so far
    Sounds like a great deal if you are on the East Coast, but I have to imagine that it is at least another $200 to get it from the East Coast to the West Coast. If I understand correctly, the guy doing the importing doesn't arrange the domestic shipping so one would have to arrange to have a shipper pick up, pack, and ship to the West Coast? Do I have that right or am I missing out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Sounds like a great deal if you are on the East Coast, but I have to imagine that it is at least another $200 to get it from the East Coast to the West Coast. If I understand correctly, the guy doing the importing doesn't arrange the domestic shipping so one would have to arrange to have a shipper pick up, pack, and ship to the West Coast? Do I have that right or am I missing out?
    No, he will ship them via freight Fastenal express to a business address much cheaper than UPS or FedEx home delivery. Or he’ll drop off to them too; whatever is most economical/convenient.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    No, he will ship them via freight Fastenal express to a business address much cheaper than UPS or FedEx home delivery. Or he’ll drop off to them too; whatever is most economical/convenient.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, Fastenal is divided into two zones, one on each side of the Mississippi. They will not ship from one zone to the other so pretty much stuck with UPS or FedEx for anyone West of the Mississippi. Unless you buy a pallet of machines and ship via STI. I've had a pinball machine and a smartball shipped on a pallet from the East Coast with STI. I think the last one was about 18 months ago and cost about $550 from New Jersey to California. That might be a good option for more than one machine.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Which Pachinko Machine seller has given you the best service

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, Fastenal is divided into two zones, one on each side of the Mississippi. They will not ship from one zone to the other so pretty much stuck with UPS or FedEx for anyone West of the Mississippi. Unless you buy a pallet of machines and ship via STI. I've had a pinball machine and a smartball shipped on a pallet from the East Coast with STI. I think the last one was about 18 months ago and cost about $550 from New Jersey to California. That might be a good option for more than one machine.
    Last shipment a few months ago; there’s a 3rd party guy who drives around the country in a moving truck delivering arcade cabinets/pinballs for the arcade community; who also picked up and distributed the pachinkos across the country (all the way to CA) for cheaper than UPS and way more TLC I’m sure!!

He meets people off of major interstates for the last leg of the journey so not quite as convenient; however the odds of damage in shipment are way better I’d imagine eliminating the roughing up UPS/ FedEx might inflict. They come boxed well regardless though.

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs