Thread: Sammy Hopper Problems

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy Hopper Problems

I bought a Popeye machine by Sammy. I did lots of site searching today but have questions. At first, the hopper would spit out about 30 tokens until an H.E. error occurred, regardless of the amount of the payout. The hopper was not even empty when the error occurs. (sensor, or . . .?) Then, I took the hopper apart to clean it and inspect. First picture shows the 1/4" diameter metal piece I found under the hopper. Then in the next picture, you can see the little post under the black coin separator in the center of the picture that I'm guessing is supposed to look like the little post below and to the right of it. Broken wheel I guess. Last picture is the mechanism from below. The spring-loaded arm in the middle, held by the black screw, is the bottom of the piece that holds the broken wheel. Can I buy this part anywhere? Will a Juki 666 hopper (on ebay) have this identical part as my Juki JSH-777C hopper? If I fix this part do you think my return issue will be resolved as it relates to correct number of coins to dispense? I'm new at this so I hope these questions do not sound stupid. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Hopper Problems

The theory goes. That as the big wheel turns and splits out tokens. The metal arm is pushed backwards and forwards by the token to break the sensor beam and signal to the machine that it has paid out a token. If as you say it spits out 30 or so then shuts down with an error it means the beam isn't being broken. So the machine assumes the hopper is empty.

As for compatibility between models. Sorry I can't answer that.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The loose collar piece looks to be your problem as tokens may not depart properly resulting in the error code. I would suspect the arm doesn't travel far enough at times with the extra gap. Here's a picture of mine and a video of the metal arm and how it travels when a token exits the hopper.

JUKI JSH777C.jpg

https://youtu.be/tGT_iY4-LLI

I don't know about the compatibility of the two units. You might want to inquire with some sellers on eBay. You might even ask for a dead hopper for the parts, might save a bit. I'm all out of pachislo spare parts but I'd start with eBay seller Keep4Safety.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The loose collar piece looks to be your problem as tokens may not depart properly resulting in the error code. I would suspect the arm doesn't travel far enough at times with the extra gap. Here's a picture of mine and a video of the metal arm and how it travels when a token exits the hopper.

JUKI JSH777C.jpg

https://youtu.be/tGT_iY4-LLI

I don't know about the compatibility of the two units. You might want to inquire with some sellers on eBay. You might even ask for a dead hopper for the parts, might save a bit. I'm all out of pachislo spare parts but I'd start with eBay seller Keep4Safety.
    Thanks! That is the problem, I can see it now on your unit. The little collar in my photo above has a crack that you can't see. That made it fail. I have inquired with one guy on ebay, I will try your guy too. Thanks again. Another PM sent.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to ggp553

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Things I learned today. The diagnosis above is correct. The bearing on the hopper mechanism broke. The arm with the bearing can be replaced separately. And the arm on a 666 hopper is the same as the arm on my JSH-777C. The 666 hopper only has one sensor, while mine has 2, so I doubt you can replace a complete hopper for the other. Thanks for the help.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to ggp553