Thread: Setting pachinko machine to pay out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Setting pachinko machine to pay out

I have one from Japan that has been set to not pay out: "The advantage of this is that the player gets a complete experience without the risk of error messages or extra noise."
    Anyway, it works because this is a story driven machine so payout is less important than getting fevers and making it to the next storyline for me.

But now after a while I think I want to try the payout feature. How does one set this this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Setting pachinko machine to pay out

Are your saying it was converted to cyclic ball circulation? (It plays with just a few balls)

If so, someone cut the ball tracks within the machine and you’ll have to figure out what they did and fix it back to “stock” specs by gluing in new plastic pieces. There’s no setting or switch to turn off payouts; unless they unplugged the payout motor: which I’d assume would cause errors. There’s a few threads about converting cyclic machines back to stock.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it's not necessarily cyclic since used balls exit the machine out the back. the unit came with a ball lifter so yes, it's to be played with a few balls.
    i should check where winning balls go....either they exit or are routed back to the upper ball try, right?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlujan View Post
    it's not necessarily cyclic since used balls exit the machine out the back. the unit came with a ball lifter so yes, it's to be played with a few balls.
    i should check where winning balls go....either they exit or are routed back to the upper ball try, right?
    That’s really odd; kinda defeats the purpose of cyclic modification (no ball lifter or shuffling balls from the rear to the upper hopper needed, since you play with just a few balls, and they don’t drop out the back anymore) You want payouts otherwise you run out of balls very quickly with no payouts at all and have to keep manually adding balls.

Yes; winning balls come out on the front tray. I’d check the payout motor if it isn’t paying out. Maybe whoever modified it didn’t know what they were doing; the less aftermarket modifications the better in my opinion!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-23-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What machine is this for anyway? Didn’t you have this exact same issue with a Macross machine from Plasma Infusion that was sent without working payouts?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the macross was supposed to pay out.
    the yamato was set (and i approved) at the time of order. for some reason the vender was paranoid about me using it to gamble - i had to submit a notarized pledge, etc.

i will check it out - my guess is the winning ball (no payout of extra balls since there are no balls in the payout hopper) goes back into the upper tray.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the macross was supposed to pay out.
    the yamato was set (and i approved) at the time of order. for some reason the vender was paranoid about me using it to gamble - i had to submit a notarized pledge, etc.

i will check it out - my guess is the winning ball (no payout of extra balls since there are no balls in the payout hopper) goes back into the upper tray.
    Sounds fishy a vendor is so concerned what you do with a machine after it’s been sold! It’s none of their business if you use to gamble with it or not. Did you ever try putting balls in the upper hopper to see what happens? Why would you need a ball lifter anyway?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ball lifter is a happy medium for playing with balls but having zero headache of refills.
    If you have bought this from where I think, then the prize balls are not awarded. I'll have a chat about it in case it can be changed.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    The ball lifter is a happy medium for playing with balls but having zero headache of refills.
    If you have bought this from where I think, then the prize balls are not awarded. I'll have a chat about it in case it can be changed.
    I just use Silver brand ball lifters in conjunction with Daverob dongles (card reader emulators). My point is; ball lifters drop balls into the top hopper (unless it’s a cheap 3D printed one that can only lift to the payout tray; not the top hopper) …payout motor needs to function somehow to dispense balls to the lower tray ( if that’s not working; why have a lifter?)

I wonder what vendor is selling machines with payouts disabled and requiring notarized pledges?!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-24-2022 at 01:34 AM.