Thread: It's All New To Me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default It's All New To Me

I jumped into Pachislo with both feet today. After reading this site for a few days and doing other research, I found a local guy selling a few machines. So I bought Addams Family and Spin Luck. Spent the afternoon cleaning them up and doing some minor maintenance. I appreciate the info you people provide. It will take me a long time to comprehend the ins and outs of the games, but I'm getting closer with the help of the manuals here. Question, however, on Spin Luck. I have not gotten to spin the wheel yet, and I hope it works as the seller said it does. But when I turn on the machine, the flexible reel at the top twitches for a few seconds. Is that normal or a bad sign? Also, the Addams Family machine seems to dump about 5-6 tokens either back in the tray or into the bottom of the game when I load 20 or 30. Is that a position problem with the hopper or a coin mechanism issue? Also, Deoxit is readily used in cleaning vintage stereo receiver internals. Anyone use that on these games? I have many questions. Anybody have a guess? Otherwise, they seem to work pretty nicely. Thanks in advance for any advice. (I'll enjoy the machines but my grandkids will really have fun with them.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to ggp553

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: It's All New To Me

Hello ggp553 and welcome to the group and to a fellow Michigander

While I do not have these machines I did want to welcome you! Others will be along.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ggp553 View Post
    ... But when I turn on the machine, the flexible reel at the top twitches for a few seconds. Is that normal or a bad sign? Also, the Addams Family machine seems to dump about 5-6 tokens either back in the tray or into the bottom of the game when I load 20 or 30. Is that a position problem with the hopper or a coin mechanism issue? Also, Deoxit is readily used in cleaning vintage stereo receiver internals. Anyone use that on these games? I have many questions. Anybody have a guess? ...
    Taking a stab here, the twitching reel doesn't sound normal so hopefully someone with this machine will chime in this week. The one thing I'd suggest is to reseat the connections to it to see if it resolves.

With the other machine the hopper should sit all the way to the back and perhaps in a track of sorts. All of mine are like this. The Deoxit sounds interesting but I've never used it. I use Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean up the coin paths and mechanisms. There might be some minor adjusting that you can make to the coin mech for the travel of tokens depending on what you have. Perhaps post a picture of the coin mech area for all to see.

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Taking a stab here, the twitching reel doesn't sound normal so hopefully someone with this machine will chime in this week. The one thing I'd suggest is to reseat the connections to it to see if it resolves.

With the other machine the hopper should sit all the way to the back and perhaps in a track of sorts. All of mine are like this. The Deoxit sounds interesting but I've never used it. I use Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean up the coin paths and mechanisms. There might be some minor adjusting that you can make to the coin mech for the travel of tokens depending on what you have. Perhaps post a picture of the coin mech area for all to see.
    Thanks for the input. It's today's challenge. Deoxit is great for circuit boards on old stereo receivers. Same stuff I would think.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Peteybob. I cleaned the wheel connections and nothing good happened. I then removed two little bolts that hold the motor that spins the wheel. Couldn't remove the motor since it's not meant to come out easily, but while maneuvering it and things, suddenly the floppy wheel came free and it now works. The wheel is designed to make one full revolution when the machine is powered up I see now.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ggp553

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Progress?!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Progress?!!
    PM sent.

Thanks