Thread: Tokio Premium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Tokio Premium

Thinking about importing this machine in the near future. I was wondering if anyone knows what the theme is? Seems I have read something about it before but I can’t remember and was just curious. Is Tokio a band? What are the two towers? Or are they just a random theme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Tokio Premium

It’s Paris themed. Here’s a video:

https://youtu.be/vWJcgIeTIgY

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Tokio Premium

It’s not Paris themed! It’s Tokio themed; Tokio Tower specifically and the newer Tokyo Skytree broadcasting and observation tower. It even features the hit song “Tokio” by Kenji Sawada for the big hit 16 round fever.

I have a Tokio Premium cell but prefer Tokio Deluxe

Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-14-2022 at 06:07 PM.

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good call out. Who knew! We've got a Premium and a couple Tokio Specials

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anyone played all of the different Tokio machines? What differences are there between them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BGTsoccer1 View Post
    Has anyone played all of the different Tokio machines? What differences are there between them?

The first one came out in the 90’s. Lots of differences since then! I’ve only played Deluxe and Premium; I prefer the older Deluxe.

I’d just watch YouTube videos of various models; the lcd background screen on Tokio Premium is pretty cool!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've played the lot from Deluxe to present, except the Heso version of New Tokio. When I get home I will tell you how they play.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right, I'm back and work has been completed.

TOKIO DELUXE - The classic. One route. Get the ball through the wings, navigate the simple route and land the ball in the V to win either 3, 7, or 16 round bonus. There is also a funnel that the ball can enter mid-way through the route and this gives a much greater chance of the ball landing in the V. This funnel is present in all the TOKIO models. During the bonus, shoot the balls through the wings.

TOKIO PREMIUM - My personal favourite. It has the same maze as Tokio Deluxe but there are two routes. The route through the red tower gives higher access to the funnel and also a good chance of landing the ball in the V from the bottom course too. Very difficult to get the ball into the second route but good if it does. Good LCD screen (although I'm not sure why they went to the effort and cost of putting one in) and some nice music. During the bonus, shoot the balls through the wings again. The only Tokio with an LCD.

TOKIO SPECIAL - We're back to one route. The funnel is still there, although I suspect the main tower spins a little quicker than Deluxe or Premium. The bottom course is slightly different and there are a couple more features that either slow or speed your ball up. There is a lot more variation as to when the ball reaches the bottom of the course, so it is more unpredictable whether you will hit the V or not.
    The bonus works differently too, as balls are caught in a pocket at the bottom, rather than going through the wings.

TOKIO BLACK - The all or nothing model. Getting into the V does not guarantee everything. You have to go right to the top and then some! The route is the same as Tokio Deluxe, but you have to get the ball into the tower, then a 1/3 chance at going up again, and right at the top is a 50/50 chance of landing in the V. Failing anywhere gets you nothing. Get in the V for 4x 10 round bonuses, awarding about 4500 balls total.
    This is also the only Tokio which has separate right and left shooting times. (Left normally and right in the bonus) whereas all other models allow you to shoot wherever at any time.

NEW TOKIO - Still one route. It is a little different once again with the bottom course. There are also only ten rounds in a bonus but due to the value of the balls you don't lose out. The bottom course has a few different things that make the game nice and unpredictable. The usual different music and design but the game mechanics are all the same. The win pocket in the bonus is nice and big compared to Tokio Special. Unfortunately due to the bonus length being shorter you won't get to hear all of the song. There are two versions of this. The one you always find opens the wings once for the side pockets, and twice if you land in the middle...However there is also a version that swaps these around. The playfield is very slightly different.
    Cabinet is not fantastic. It looks like it comes out of a Happy Meal box.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only Tokio Deluxe and Tokio Premium have the more skill based gameplay during the fever round (you must score 9 balls in the opening arms during each of the rounds; if you aren’t skilled/lucky enough, you leave potential payout balls behind on the table). Where as the newer Tokio Special, Black, and New Tokio simply have the “bonus” trap door like a digipachi that GUARANTEES a certain payout basically; you don’t aim for the arms on these, you just aim for the bonus trap door; boring!

So better for the player in the parlor I guess; but removes the skill aspect for home play; which is the biggest reason to get a hanemono in the first place vs digipachi!

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The trap door on Special is needlessly difficult too, arguably you cannot 'aim' for it due to too many other factors influencing the ball. It does have a timer though. At least once Ive missed full payout because the balls just. won't. land.

Black has a more dedicated route which is better and treats the 4500 payout like a reward. Oh and there is some skill required retriggering each of the 10 round bonuses. If you don't aim at the wings you could lose a few balls.

New Tokio has a slightly easier pocket and is more predictable.
    Last edited by PekoJPF; 01-17-2022 at 08:13 PM.

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    The trap door on Special is needlessly difficult too, arguably you cannot 'aim' for it due to too many other factors influencing the ball. It does have a timer though. At least once Ive missed full payout because the balls just. won't. land.

Black has a more dedicated route which is better and treats the 4500 payout like a reward. Oh and there is some skill required retriggering each of the 10 round bonuses. If you don't aim at the wings you could lose a few balls.

New Tokio has a slightly easier pocket and is more predictable.
    Good to know there’s still a timer for the trapdoor! I just prefer the gameplay that’s more true to older hanemonos; no bonus trap doors! They make it too easy to max out the Fever bonus. Pretty much just hold the handle on one spot and hope for the best since balls landing there is pretty much random.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I still like my Julie !!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS