Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

  1. #1
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    I bought this cool Sansei Arrange Ball after seller kept dropping the price; it wasn’t cheap for sure but it did come “plug and play” ready with a high quality 15 amp transformer and around 50 real arrangeball tokens. It’s pretty unique and advanced from my other 70’s model; you can put up to 7 coins/credits in it and keep playing (it pays out in credits too; up to a max of 7; then coins are dispensed by a pachislo like hopper. It’s got really neat sound effects when you hit targets to open the tulip and when it’s paying out; it’s a winner! Very fun and addictive to play and not nearly as much manually dropping coins between each round with the credit system! Only problem it’s got is bulb #16 is out; however it still pays out if you get 4 balls in a row including 16.

    Anyone know the year?




    Last edited by lotsoballs; 11-28-2021 at 04:20 PM.

  2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  3. #2
    Pachi Puro emmadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,810
    Thanks
    944
    Thanks Received
    7,061

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    the latest arrangeball i've seen was a taiyo i used to own and it was made in 1980 if i remember correctly. i'm thinking yours is around that time frame which was close to when they were banned.
    yours is the first i've seen that has a credit system and that's a pretty cool feature.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

  4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog


  5. #3
    Kungishi Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanks Received
    1,385

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Very cool. I like

    Any special features or just usual horizontal and vertical line pays?

  6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink


  7. #4
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Very cool. I like

    Any special features or just usual horizontal and vertical line pays?
    Still figuring that out; I know horizontal 4 in a row pays 2, vertical 1, I’m not sure how much the green and red “squares” in the middle of the grid score. Max payout seems capped at 10.

    The sound effects add a lot! It also puts in a little light show when it hits big! The hanemono like solenoid powered tulip is activated by the pass though pockets is really nice touch as well! The credit system is really a smart idea and enables much faster paced gameplay and less wasted time fumbling with feeding it coins; almost arepachi fast!

    In this example, I scored 6 total (as seen on right led screen; 5 is my previous to this round “credits”) after scoring 1 horizontal and one vertical row?


  8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  9. #5
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Still figuring that out; I know horizontal 4 in a row pays 2, vertical 1, I’m not sure how much the green and red “squares” in the middle of the grid score. Max payout seems capped at 10.

    The sound effects add a lot! It also puts in a little light show when it hits big! The hanemono like solenoid powered tulip is activated by the pass though pockets is really nice touch as well! The credit system is really a smart idea and enables much faster paced gameplay and less wasted time fumbling with feeding it coins; almost arepachi fast!

    In this example, I scored 6 total (as seen on right led screen; 5 is my previous to this round “credits”) after scoring 1 horizontal and one vertical row?

    I think if you get all 4 corners (1,4,13,16) you get 3??

    Here’s another example that shows my #16 bulb issue; I scored 2 horizontal 1 vertical (3 total) but 16 didn’t illuminate… I got paid out regardless.




    Green square (5,6,9,10) scores 6 points

    Max payout

    Last edited by lotsoballs; 11-29-2021 at 01:05 AM.

  10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  11. #6
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,721
    Thanks
    25,882
    Thanks Received
    11,692

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    what bulbs does it use..

    i have a few wheat bulbs if that helps

    verrry verry cool machine..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances


  13. #7
    Pachi Puro emmadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,810
    Thanks
    944
    Thanks Received
    7,061

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    the top pocket will double your score
    when a ball goes thru the "GO" tulips, it opens the central tulip with the crown on it. a ball in there lights the 7,8,9, and 10
    it looks like getting the center 4 also add to the score.
    there may be a switch to up the payout max to 15. i've seen that on a few machines.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

  14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog


  15. #8
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    what bulbs does it use..

    i have a few wheat bulbs if that helps

    verrry verry cool machine..
    Not the best pic; I’d have to remove the main computer board to access them.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #9
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    the top pocket will double your score
    when a ball goes thru the "GO" tulips, it opens the central tulip with the crown on it. a ball in there lights the 7,8,9, and 10
    it looks like getting the center 4 also add to the score.
    there may be a switch to up the payout max to 15. i've seen that on a few machines.
    Very cool; I need to pay closer attention! It’s got some mystery buttons (besides the obvious on/off switch) ; I assume the black one is a reset? Not sure what the red button does or the mystery dial… might break something if I touch it.

    It’s got factory volume control too!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  18. #10
    Pachi Puro emmadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,810
    Thanks
    944
    Thanks Received
    7,061

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    factory volume control is nice to have and a couple of my arrangeballs have that as well. the dial may change the amount of time the crown pocket stays open. on my satomi "space wars" there's a similar dial that controls how long the spaceships move back and forth which makes it easier or harder to get balls into the center feature.
    i don't know what the red and black buttons do.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

  19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog


  20. #11
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    factory volume control is nice to have and a couple of my arrangeballs have that as well. the dial may change the amount of time the crown pocket stays open. on my satomi "space wars" there's a similar dial that controls how long the spaceships move back and forth which makes it easier or harder to get balls into the center feature.
    i don't know what the red and black buttons do.
    That does seem to be what it does; it was set stingy to open maybe a half second; I turned it up a quarter turn and it opens a bit longer. I also noticed there’s a green LED that lights up on the “scoreboard” when you hit the center star target that doubles payouts as your mentioned!

  21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  22. #12
    Pachi Puro emmadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,810
    Thanks
    944
    Thanks Received
    7,061

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    it's great when the machines have options to adjust the difficulty. my taiyo "Number Bank" or "Mars" as I call it has the typical row, center four, and column payouts but payouts for the 4 corners and/or the diagonals can be enabled or disabled. the machines i have with the score doubler display a red dot next to the score.
    i think your machine has to be the latest version of any arrangeball we've seen. sometimes there's a date code stamped along the top edge of the machine as in, if you were looking down on the machine, you'd then see it.
    is there no tax stamp on the lower right section of the front?
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

  23. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog


  24. #13
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    it's great when the machines have options to adjust the difficulty. my taiyo "Number Bank" or "Mars" as I call it has the typical row, center four, and column payouts but payouts for the 4 corners and/or the diagonals can be enabled or disabled. the machines i have with the score doubler display a red dot next to the score.
    i think your machine has to be the latest version of any arrangeball we've seen. sometimes there's a date code stamped along the top edge of the machine as in, if you were looking down on the machine, you'd then see it.
    is there no tax stamp on the lower right section of the front?
    That’s pretty interesting it’s likely the last of it’s kind! A shame really; because they were on to something with the credit system, advanced LED scoring system, additional lights and hanemono like tulip! Glad I snagged it while I could! I like playing it more than my other arrange ball, Isuzu Diamondball (to be restored soon!)

    No tax stamp at all.

    This was on the top hinge though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #14
    Pachi Puro emmadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,810
    Thanks
    944
    Thanks Received
    7,061

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    that may be the manufacturer of that hinge. the date code would be a stamp on the wood itself in the showa format.
    the diamond ball is a cool machine too but the later machines with additional features and especially the ones with a carry-over bonus are more fun to play.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

  26. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog


  27. #15
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    that may be the manufacturer of that hinge. the date code would be a stamp on the wood itself in the showa format.
    the diamond ball is a cool machine too but the later machines with additional features and especially the ones with a carry-over bonus are more fun to play.
    Yep; Diamond ball has a cool tulip too but not as fancy as this one by a long shot! This one plays much faster, just tap the start button next to the shooter handle and you are playing the next round.

    Also noticed this on the top of the door, doesn’t seem to be a date though.

    Even the seller didn’t know the vintage of this one…if only Sansei was as thoughtful and diligent about preserving company history as Fuji-Shoji is with their arrange ball history site pages!


  28. #16
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,721
    Thanks
    25,882
    Thanks Received
    11,692

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    shoot me your personal info Ill throw a few bulbs in a pack for ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances


  30. #17
    Kungishi Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanks Received
    1,385

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Ya might want to check the voltage. I have had 24 & 28 volt bulb machines.

  31. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink


  32. #18
    Kungishi Spyder138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    3,173
    Thanks Received
    1,717

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    I will see if I can dig mine out and look for a date in the next couple of days. Mine is a slightly different model. Yours is Three Jacks and mine is Three Nights or maybe knights.

    Screenshot_20211129-233142_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211129-233208_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211129-233152_Gallery.jpg

  33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138


  34. #19
    Kungishi Spyder138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    3,173
    Thanks Received
    1,717

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post

    It says Three Jacks, same as on the front of the machine.

  35. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138


  36. #20
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanks Received
    2,825

    Default Re: Sansei Hot Air balloon space wormhole Arrange ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    I will see if I can dig mine out and look for a date in the next couple of days. Mine is a slightly different model. Yours is Three Jacks and mine is Three Nights or maybe knights.

    Screenshot_20211129-233142_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211129-233208_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211129-233152_Gallery.jpg
    Pretty cool! I wish mine still had the numbered Marquee; oh well! I’ll take consolation in my extra tulip!

    What happens on yours when you score the side star pass through pockets? (That open the tulip on mine)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Satomi Miracle "Space Wars" Arrange Ball
    By emmadog in forum Arrangeball
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 06:38 PM
  2. Aripachi machine Isuzu Diamond Ball AKA Arrange Ball 2
    By cardwwi in forum Members Ebay Auctions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
  3. Aripachi machine Taito National Richi Ball AKA Arrange Ball
    By cardwwi in forum Members Ebay Auctions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 02:10 AM
  4. Aripachi machine Isuzu Diamond Ball AKA Arrange Ball
    By cardwwi in forum Members Ebay Auctions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
  5. My Arrange ball...
    By The13bats in forum Arrangeball
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •