Thread: I NEED MORE I need tips for finding more pachis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I NEED MORE I need tips for finding more pachis

Hey guys! I'm new here

So a few years back a naigbour was moving out and gaving me a 73 model B. I didn't think anything over and let it sit around. Well a just recently fixed a pachislo machine for my in laws and I got home with a wild hair up my butt that I should do something with my pachinko.

Well now I'm almost finished doing a full restoration on my original machine. Full tare down and everything. And I want more.

I know the machines available online are over priced. Amd I'm not too keen on shipping one for the price and damage concerns. I know for an un restored machine I'm looking for 50 or less en less it's a power flash. My question is how do I go about finding them and how am I supposed to talk down these insane prices for a trash heap of a machine. Everyone thinks their beat up rust bucket is worth 200 or more and I don't know how to tell them I'll give them 20 for it without offending them. I'm located in salem Oregon btw

Tl;dr
    Where do yall go looking for these machines?
    And how do you break the ice on price?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I NEED MORE I need tips for finding more pachis

If you want to buy local, your best bet is craigslist or facebook marketplace. If there is nothing available now then you may have to be patient. Also, price is often dictated by supply and demand. If very few machines come up for sale in your area and a number of people are actively buying machines you may have to raise your price point.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

FB marketplace has been good to me; I’ve found 4 different machines in the $25 price range in the past year, one of them an extremely rare solenoid powered one with 11 tulips. Just bought a working $80 arrangeball a couple months ago. Be prepared to drive a couple hours to get good deals. It varies quite a bit regionally; the northeast is a cheap pachinko hotspot. Around my area; there’s 2 types of sellers; those that want $150+ for some janky old regular pachinko because that’s what they saw the were asking on eBay ; and those that just want it gone; it’s taking up space; ect…motivated sellers! my favorite style seller!

If for some reason you just have to have a machine sold by seller type #1; you get creative. You politely mention to the seller you would love to fix up and restore their old machine; but you can only offer X amount of dollars ($40 whatever); and if they don’t get any better offers over the next couple of weeks; you’ll gladly take it off their hands.

Weeks or months later; seller come to their senses, remembers your standing offer, contacts you, and says come get it (because nobody else locally is paying their outrageous asking price).

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I think lotsoballs mostly has it right, I think the only thing I would debate would be price. <$100 is rare unless the machine has issues or is missing things like keys or tokens. The days of the cheap pachi are mostly behind us, but deals can still be found. Theme will dictate what I am willing to pay for something, and beware of reskinned KO machines. Generally though if the machine works, has its keys and tokens its worth at minimum $100-$200, again as lotsoballs said this can fluctuate greatly depending on your local market area.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome to the dark side.. we have cookies

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    So I think lotsoballs mostly has it right, I think the only thing I would debate would be price. <$100 is rare unless the machine has issues or is missing things like keys or tokens. The days of the cheap pachi are mostly behind us, but deals can still be found. Theme will dictate what I am willing to pay for something, and beware of reskinned KO machines. Generally though if the machine works, has its keys and tokens its worth at minimum $100-$200, again as lotsoballs said this can fluctuate greatly depending on your local market area.
    I’ve got plenty of machines to sell you at $100-200 a pop then!

The most I’ve ever paid for a vintage locally was $100 for a Powerflash and $100 for a really nice 1957 single shot. And I’ve bought more than 10 vintages locally; most in the $40-50 range