Thread: New to Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to Pachinko

So, I see machines come up at auctions all the time. I have bid on them, but lost, because I wasn’t willing to put out a bunch of money for a machine that may or may not work.

I was at an estate sale and the gentleman had a pachinko machine in the basement. He told
    me his price, I countered, he accepted, I now own a machine.

I spent the night getting the 40+ years of dirt and dusk and cigarette butts out of the machine. It now functions, for the most part.

I believe it is missing parts, but since I don’t know the model of the machine or where I would get parts, I’m kind of stuck. Image searches have given little information, so I’m stuck.

any information on this machine would be great. The guy said “my brother had it shipped home when he was overseas”. He mentioned the 70s, but wasn’t sure of anything really.

76CE3FFB-E08A-4D84-8E8E-11504A0D9BA1.jpg592879ED-91D8-45A0-9A5F-63485E3364F7.jpgA2B7DFC6-D303-404E-B7D0-FF4B1E4E4F7D.jpg592879ED-91D8-45A0-9A5F-63485E3364F7.jpg

thanks for any information. This looks like a hobby I could get into. I love to tinker and fix old things to new.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bophus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachinko

I like the detailed metal trim and metal ball trays on the front myself. Looks to be in good overall shape with all the important major components in place. A couple dust covers missing but that's not uncommon on an old machine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

4. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking again the fronts not bad either..just dirty. If I saw this on eBay for $150-$200 it would draw my interest as a potential "diamond-in-the-rough" kind of machine. One where a little/lot of elbow grease could reveal a nice looking Pachinko.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

6. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What in particular isn't working? How many balls do you have? You'll need 500 minimum, but 1000 would be better. You can buy them on eBay if you don't have enough.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    What in particular isn't working? How many balls do you have? You'll need 500 minimum, but 1000 would be better. You can buy them on eBay if you don't have enough.
    sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

I’m don’t know the names of the parts but I will do my best to describe what isn’t working correctly.

when the balls drop into on of the holes with the flippers on the bottom it drops into a “seesaw” type part with a ball in it as a counter weight. From there it goes down another chute to a door that drops it to a lever that turns the light on and drops the ball out after hitting a bell. The door part never opens after the ball leaves the chute.

also, where are the balls from the top hopper
    supposed to go when they drop?

I’d be able to figure out more of this, if I could find a diagram of the machine. That way, I’d know what was supposed to be working and how and be able to fix.
    it.

roght now, I sound like my wife telling me about a noise her car made, once.

I hope this made a little sense.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a new current pic or two of the back side would help..

the pic above has to many problems for the machine to work..

ball stop is down
    fingers are hooked under the ball dump not on top
    no balls in the tracks or jackpot..

the spring on the jackpot seesaw is scary!!!!
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and me with no manners

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks.

I assume the fingers are the two white pieces under the red sticker, on the white track, near the top?

I figured that spring was not right, because it looks like a cover goes there and wouldn’t make sense for a string assembly to attach there.

also, as someone asked before, I have approximately 400 balls.

let me know if these pictures are more helpful.

9B9C2169-1485-4822-8D6F-D56E1A936203.jpeg5D94C33B-F741-4709-961D-346984B90BDC.jpeg7E2FDC3B-A561-4F7F-9420-0DB2FA0461E4.jpegFC5009D5-AF4B-4CC9-8048-767324DB0EA7.jpegCE0C7197-5397-4647-B99A-1330E05CF5E6.jpeg359C2751-0896-4D52-BAFC-894981E1F75E.jpeg2B4A3A83-965D-4E9A-ADF5-79908D74F420.jpegC12EBDA7-F4DB-4240-8A70-37DD27EF000D.jpegADA46D4E-77EF-467E-8481-BE823E1E6851.jpeg

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

18. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bophus View Post
    Thanks.

I assume the fingers are the two white pieces under the red sticker, on the white track, near the top?

I figured that spring was not right, because it looks like a cover goes there and wouldn’t make sense for a string assembly to attach there.

the red piece is a ball stop.. it needs to be flipped up out of the way so balls can pass it

yes these are the fingers.. they are under the metal tab.. if balls are loaded in the macine they will dump on the floor.. release the ball dump this will alow the fingers to swing up.. then resent the balls dump so the fingers are resting on the balls dump when balls are added

i would guess your good just removing the spring.. a pic more to the right of this would be great..

Looks like the spring hook has been lost.. the spring should be hooked on a bent nail that goes threw the hole on the shooter..

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if ya have not see the sticky section this may help

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...-Model-B-Video

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the red piece is a ball stop.. it needs to be flipped up out of the way so balls can pass it

yes these are the fingers.. they are under the metal tab.. if balls are loaded in the macine they will dump on the floor.. release the ball dump this will alow the fingers to swing up.. then resent the balls dump so the fingers are resting on the balls dump when balls are added

i would guess your good just removing the spring.. a pic more to the right of this would be great..

Looks like the spring hook has been lost.. the spring should be hooked on a bent nail that goes threw the hole on the shooter..
    this helped immensely. I pushed the lever over the fingers so it locked into position, removed the spring, loaded the hopper and gave it a shot. It is all working correctly. It lights up and dumps jackpot balls correctly now.

I can’t thank you enough for your patience. Now to clean it up and make a new cabinet for it (I won’t make one, I’ll have my brother help with that. Wood and I don’t get along so well), and make a place for it in my home.

and I will absolutely keep my eyes out for them at the auctions I go to each week. This is a hobby I believe I can get into.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you're more of a visual learner like myself, you may want to check out some YouTube videos. I was in your boat about a month ago. Dan Welch has a ton of good videos about how these things work and how to restore one. That's where I started and then I bought James kings book from pachinko planet. Those two resources have been invaluable.