Thread: Shin Onimusha pachislot - NO SYNC error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shin Onimusha pachislot - NO SYNC error

Hi! Gathered Onimusha pachislot (~2010), but non working one: when I turn it on, screen shows NO SYNC! error and goes white, frame lights are on, but panel and buttons don't do anything, reels not spinning.

Another strange thing: the machine has reset lock replaced with a switch. When I toggle reset mode, red LED on power supply turns on (it says SETTINGS MODE), change odds number and when I press the knob, nothing happens: LCD screen with odds stays the same. Then I turn reset switch off, but nothing happens: game isn't working, screen is still white and I still able to change odds not even being in settings mode! Would be grateful if anyone could help with similar issue.

Also I have some coinless adapters installed instead of hopper, so some wiring of the machine is slightly messy and I have some connectors hanging loose without visible place for them to be connected, I've attached photoes of them. If anyone is familiar with where they should be plugged in, will be thankful for your help too!

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg
    1 - What this 6-pin connector from videoboard should go to?
    2 - It goes from orange connector, one half connects to cash out button, where this one should be connected?
    3 - Little board on the bottom is a part of coinless system, three wires go to black port, I marked, and if I connect two halves of white wire, D6 diode goes on, what does it mean?

And a video of current state of pachislo, where I show the problem and some internal wirings.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shin Onimusha pachislot - NO SYNC error

Hi Welcome to Pachitalk !

Looks like multiple problems. The first being you appear to be stuck in reset mode. As long as you can see or change the odds numbers (1-6) , you are still in reset mode. The LED numbers (1-6) are not displayed during normal operating mode. The reset switch controls the two modes. This means that switch isn't doing anything for whatever reason.
    After unplugging the machine open up the power supply. Check the wire connections inside the power supply leading from what you are calling the reset switch and the switch itself for continuity. Also please provide a pic of the front of your power supply with the cover opened up.
    Last edited by rockston; 11-18-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here you go.

IMG_20211119_094340.jpg

Switch is ok, since red reset LED toggles when I turn switch on/off. Also measured 24v, 13v and 18v on orange capacitors.

Interesting thing: red LED doesn't show up when power supply is disconnected from the main board.
    Last edited by StereoMaster; 11-19-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the spin knob doesn't produce a light anywhere? Try removing the knob, clean it and re seat all the connections to it.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope, I even changed the knob to one from working machine and it doesn't make any difference. When I press stop buttons, some leds on the board turns on, but when I press knob, nothing happens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if the modification has altered a circuit path that's causing these weird symptoms. I have no other suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    I wonder if the modification has altered a circuit path that's causing these weird symptoms. I have no other suggestions.
    Not sure if it has influence: it only tracks stop board data and emulates token insertion and payout, but even videoboard doesn't function properly now. But as seller assured me (and I've seen photos), this machine tend to work couple years ago before. So the key must be somewhere between video and main boards, I believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure if it has influence: it only tracks stop board data and emulates token insertion and payout, but even videoboard doesn't function properly now. But as seller assured me (and I've seen photos), this machine tend to work couple years ago before. So the key must be somewhere between video and main boards, I believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From what I see in your video, you are stuck in reset mode. If it's not the switch or the wiring from it, it has to be e a connection, component or logic associated with the reset function.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup, but I'm not sure yet how to diagnose difference between reset mode and gameplay on board circuit, where this signal should go and where to measure it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this.jpg

Did you check switch continuity here and re-seat this connector?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, switch works fine. Reseated all connections on the door, reassembled it almost from scratch, but no luck so far.

Also tried to check knob from this machine on working one (7 DAYS OF CURSE RING, also with coinless feature), it acted weirdly: it began playing in auto-stop mode (also it proceeded playing with autostop even with no knob connected - is it because coinless or is it a standard pachislot behaviour when no knob attached?), but when I press knob, diagnostic LED on a board turned on. So I believe, knob from non-working machine works, just not compatible with another one (?).
    But if knob is just an optical sensor with a lever, how it can be broken anyway?

Another thing I noticed: yes, onimusha pachislot has a LED for knob, but it doesn't work for unknown reason so far: max bet, single bet, cash out, stop buttons are all work fine, but knob LED doesn't.

So, I think, that problem is in the main board: considering constant reset mode, non-working knob LED, and NO SYNC error which also can be caused by main board. But it is screwed to chassis under plastic cover, that I'm not sure how to take off. I see some round cylinders over places that should have screwes inside, but how to open them without damaging a cover?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove and check continuity on each wire in the cable that goes from the power supply to the motherboard. One of those wires must carry the status of the reset switch.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, it is good too. Also noticed that after disconnection, I get E1 error sometimes, which is fixed by switching into reset mode. So, probably the machine isn't stuck in reset mode since it can differ reset mode and normal mode, but not sure why it still allows to change odds then.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still can't figure out where to start searches.

Can anyone confirm if this machine behaves correctly (considering it in reset mode) by looking on door board lights?
    Mine has left group of stop buttons/monitor/maxbet leds turn off when button is pressed
    and right group of red leds for knob/1bet/cashout turn on when pressed (but knob led doesn't react at all).
    IMG_20211126_110625.jpg IMG_20211126_110637.jpg

Also should it show -- on win display in settings mode?

And how should react LEDs on the very left, which are for shoot/sensor1/sensor2, should they be on or off and what are sensors1 and 2 are about?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Although don't have this model. I would have thought you would of had a change in led status no matter what mode it was in.
    Ian #UKPachinko