Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Girls Und Panzer Pachinko: Opinions

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Girls Und Panzer Pachinko: Opinions

Yes. I've been having issues too with an app too. Says it needs updating. But the app store (in this case Google play) keeps blocking it. Even when through a VPN. I can't remember how I did it last time. Maybe switch off location services. Drop into flight mode then switch on wi-fi and try a web connection through a VPN.
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiFool View Post
    She also says that if you shut down the machine for more than a week that you can lose any wins you have accumulated and have to start over again.
    I was about to order this machine, but as I started to learn about these "locked" game modes that are tied to a region restricted app... I'm hesitant. Really would like to know what is going on under the hood first!

If a machine was operating in a parlor and had an app to track your progress by unlocking additional teams with a code... I would assume the game would also reset that progress between users when the player left (to encourage use of that tracking app).

Unless the normal parlor operation is to keep the previous player's team progress unlocked so the next random person comes by and says "this machine has more stuff unlocked!!!? I'll play that one!"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tri Qooapp you can find in in the play store and it's great for downloading foreign apps

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ringtail

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Just use a mobile VPN app like Tunnel Bear or something of the sort and use an IP address located in Japan.
    so I tried to use Tunnel Bear and turned off location services but the App Store doesn’t let me download anything with location services off. The website does not have any option to directly download the app. Only options are Apple’s App Store or Google play. I guess I’m out of luck on the app unless anyone else has ideas…
    Pachislos: Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinkos: Girls Und Panzer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ringtail View Post
    Tri Qooapp you can find in in the play store and it's great for downloading foreign apps
    Apparently Qooapp is not available in the Apple App Store.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by VideoRyan View Post
    I was about to order this machine, but as I started to learn about these "locked" game modes that are tied to a region restricted app... I'm hesitant. Really would like to know what is going on under the hood first!

If a machine was operating in a parlor and had an app to track your progress by unlocking additional teams with a code... I would assume the game would also reset that progress between users when the player left (to encourage use of that tracking app).

Unless the normal parlor operation is to keep the previous player's team progress unlocked so the next random person comes by and says "this machine has more stuff unlocked!!!? I'll play that one!"
    I have several machines with locked options yet what is unlocked keeps things interesting enough for me.

What would be nice is to use the app to always pursue a new personal best. That seems to be the goal when a patron can play to one level in a parlor today and pick up where they left off tomorrow on the same machine at another parlor. I don't think the parlors would have any player's progress stored, rather the player holds it with the app.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did some digging for more info about the app and managed to get it working without any issues (other than my terrible navigation of the Japanese menus). I somehow managed to launch the app and create an account. The app gave me a user ID and code which I guess I would enter into the game, and there is also a QR code scanner button which I believe you would scan after a play session. Pretty interesting app and a neat way to augment your play sessions.

Doesn't seem like a VPN is needed to use the app (just need to install it from a a source other than Google Play, which isn't a big deal with reputable APK mirror sites out there).

Here's the manufacturer website with instructions on how to use the app: https://www.heiwanet.co.jp/da-win/

And here's a link to the Android version that you can download: https://m.apkpure.com/%E6%89%93-win/....darwin.sp.ssl

Screenshot_20211111-220243_-WIN.jpg

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to VideoRyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure years ago. I downloaded via pc to phone. I just can't remember what it was for. Although having a japanese iTunes account may have helped.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did some digging for more info about the app and managed to get it working without any issues (other than my terrible navigation of the Japanese menus). I somehow managed to launch the app and create an account. The app gave me a user ID and code which I guess I would enter into the game, and there is also a QR code scanner button which I believe you would scan after a play session. Pretty interesting app and a neat way to augment your play sessions.

Doesn't seem like a VPN is needed to use the app (just need to install it from a a source other than Google Play, which isn't a big deal with reputable APK mirror sites out there).

Here's the manufacturer website with instructions on how to use the app: https://www.heiwanet.co.jp/da-win/

And here's a link to the Android version that you can download: https://m.apkpure.com/%E6%89%93-win/....darwin.sp.ssl

Screenshot_20211111-220243_-WIN.jpg
    Thanks for this VideoRyan!

I poked around a bit with these links and somehow got myself set up but still not certain on the navigation which needs further translation on my part. I was able to start off with a QR code scan followed by another scan after much play. With this my stats were saved and I'll see if I can pickup where I left off another day. Hopefully the advances can be kept along with other options being unlocked. Pretty cool stuff!

A couple pics from the app. Sorry for the fuzziness as I was trying to capture a translation from one phone to another. One page looks like it shows a calendar of your saves and the next pic shows about a third of my stats on another page.

Screenshot_20211113-170143_-WIN.jpgScreenshot_20211113-165623_Gallery.jpg

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't had luck with the VPN on my android phone but I did it this way before.

https://streamtelly.com/cant-download-play-store/

So will try later and report back. Especially as my pachilog app is out of date and can't use it on my AKB48.

Oh and you can't get this through Qooapp as I already had that installed and use it to play Kemono Friends 3
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I updated both the myslo and pachi log app. Ir seems the in use region lock on myslo isn't there anymore. But the pachi log is causing issues as I have forgotten my log in details.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am able to pick up where I've left off and there is way more excitement to be had at times. The following screen shots are of the logging in with a pass code for my resuming at level 61 from where I left off a few days ago. I wonder if others can use pass codes that other people had?

Select the center left setup option
    GUP setup1 61.jpg

Select the top J-WIN option
    GUP setup2 61.jpg

Select the second option shown in pink
    GUP setup3 61.jpg

Select the left option shown in yellow
    GUP setup4 61.jpg

Enter a passcode or try mine
    GUP setup5 61.jpg

Passcode shown
    GUP setup6 61.jpg

Level 61 is now my starting point from my prior game play with prior selected options
    GUP setup7 61.jpg

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also went back for a look to compare options from the beginning to my saved level 61. With one team I only had 3 tank options to start with but with my saved level I now have all 37 tank options available to pick from. This was from my original selection of what team I was using. Many options and mixed groups are available to start with.

GUP 3tanks.jpgGUP 37tanks.jpg

For a bonus I have this if anyone feels challenged enough to figure it out Hint: My avatar is the first one.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's awesome! Glad to see it's working. I did notice the app said the play codes were only valid for a certain period of time when generated, which implies there is a time & date seed somewhere in there... but I would love to hear how it works for other users! But being able to finally unlock all the other play modes is a relief...

I was also surprised to see so many supported pachinkos (and even some pachislo) on the app. I've had my eyes on Galaxy Express, and seeing that supported on the 打-WIN / Hit-WIN app really perked my interest!

22. The following user says "Thanks" to VideoRyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess I’m going to have to get an Android phone so I can get the app as I see no way of getting it on my iPhone. I wonder if I can just use the phone on WiFi without activating it? I certainly don’t need to pay for another phone account just to get the app.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiFool View Post
    I guess I’m going to have to get an Android phone so I can get the app as I see no way of getting it on my iPhone. I wonder if I can just use the phone on WiFi without activating it? I certainly don’t need to pay for another phone account just to get the app.
    Or you might consider getting an inexpensive tablet? That's what I did years ago when I was still sporting the old flip phone. It served a good purpose then and still does even after getting a smart phone a short time ago.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did notice the app said the play codes were only valid for a certain period of time when generated, which implies there is a time & date seed somewhere in there...
    I recall seeing the time limit notice of <24 hours as well but I wonder if it pertains only to an initial use. Today I am able to use my code mentioned days ago to start back up at level 61 after powering up.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That good to know! Perhaps it varies by machine, or is only related to the social calendar events. I was worried that long-term, when the service / app ultimately gets shut down, these machines would have features or video events inaccessible since all online services eventually shut down. My nightmare scenario is something like "Bride of Pinbot" not moving to face #3 unless you enter a code from a server that doesn't exist anymore!

Since this seems to be cleared up, I'm going to put Girls und Panzer on my "to buy" list now!
    Last edited by VideoRyan; 11-18-2021 at 08:49 PM.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to VideoRyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Even outside of the advancing options with gaining / holding new levels, this is a very fun game in my opinion. Discovering these new options makes the game play all the greater to enjoy!

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I also went back for a look to compare options from the beginning to my saved level 61. With one team I only had 3 tank options to start with but with my saved level I now have all 37 tank options available to pick from. This was from my original selection of what team I was using. Many options and mixed groups are available to start with.

GUP 3tanks.jpgGUP 37tanks.jpg
    Follow Up: The screen showing all of the tanks available to pick from actually looks to be all the tanks for all the teams available as I scroll thru them on a single screen. When starting up you can pick a team and then only the tanks related to that team.

33. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast