Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Error Code "A." Nishijin Nekketsu Bohkenoh model Y&O

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Error Code "A." Nishijin Nekketsu Bohkenoh model Y&O

Hello friend. Thank you for allowing me to join you. I just acquired my 2nd pachinko machine. Nishijin Nekketsu Bohkenoh model Y&O from 999 I believe. The machine is fully functional except for payouts and registering winning balls. One winning slot will activate the reel spin, but that is the only one that works, without issuing prize balls. It is displaying error code "A." I am unable to find any information on this error code. I push, hold, and switch on/off while holding reset button, but it continues to display the error code. I cannot find additional reset buttons if the exist.When you turn on the machine, 7 balls will drop into the bottom catcher, which i believe is normal. Another thing I noticed, is that the winning balls will not be discharged, except for manually resulting in blockage if forgotten to empty. Any and all help solving this dilemma would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I will upload any pictures, video, or anything I can provide to assist.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Pneuma

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Error Code "A." Nishijin Nekketsu Bohkenoh model Y&O

So I have been able to figure out the error code means "accessory box disconnected. Upon inspection of all wires, I still can't find any broken or loose conections. I tried unplugging and re-plugging everything, but still receiving same error code

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Posting good ,Clear Photos of the machine on this Thread can help us help you with your problems.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Forgive me, but I'm not seeing where to upload attachments on here. I'm trying to

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Pneuma

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey There !

The ball shooter is working ok right ? Also Pics of the ball tracks/path (in the back) and payout mech would be great ! Having balls go into the bottom tray when powering up does not sound normal to me, but others can chime in on that. Usually balls go into the lower tray when it can no longer pay out balls (top tray full) right ?

Have you dumped all of the balls out of the machine and powered up ? What happens then?

RR
    Last edited by rubberratt; 10-17-2021 at 11:22 AM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank You for these snaps !!! I am starting to think that you need to take out the ball dispenser. It sounds scary, but This is what I am leaning towards. You may need to remove a screw or turn a lever or two and perhaps unplug a few things, but DON'T worry. for the most part you can't plug stuff in wrong The goal is to ensure that the ball dispenser motors are all connected and ate all working. The good news is, the machine looks nice and clean.

It is possible something is unplugged - perhaps during cleaning, or there is a jam.

Make sure you use the ball dump and empty all the balls out the back of the machine. They give it a good look, and discover how to take the ball path out of the machine. It should come out as one big piece.

Hopefully this won't make you too nervous. If you are not comfortable doing it... then don't, but it would be good to check it out.

Otherwise (and I am sure you did this already) looks for EVERY connector. Unplug it, then plug in in nice and snug. It's a long shot, but this sometimes cures the problem.

I would also check the dongle. Do you have one in another machine you can use. Again - just troubleshooting here

PS- I'm pretty sure these black knobs are part go the ball path removal
    Last edited by rubberratt; 10-17-2021 at 06:55 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

13. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought the A error code refered to a lack of dongle especially as I can now see its a CR machine. Of course the machine may still fire balls as it may have been blobbed in the past.

The pics in post 7 clearly show the balls not flowing down to ball path. almost like the ball stopper is in place
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Clam !

I also thought the "A" meant no Dongle or ball (jam) stopper !!!! I know that a lot of shops (on the older Deji's) use a solder blob so that the balls shoot, but not sure if that's enough.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I took the mechanism as apart as it would let me. It won't come all the way off, and unfortunately I got to go back to work to figure out why. Which dongle are u referring too? Thank u for jumping in and helping me to clam
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Pneuma

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Pneuma

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The dongle should be connected to a computer port on the back (RS232 like port). The Dongle "tricks" the Pachinko machine into thinking it is still connected to the Parlor's electronic system. Pachinko machines were never designed to be used while disconnected from the parlor's machinery.

Some Pachinko sellers (in Japan usually) will modify the machine's circuit board so the the shooter know will work, so the dongle will be missing/not needed to simply play the game. Please tale a picture of the full back, so we can have a look.

You can stop the ball path removal for the time being... until we sole the dongle questoion

The A error code (to me) says - the machine is not connected to the Parlor.

RR

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The missing dongle will only affect the shooter handle, so check your ball shooter and if it is working normally, then the machine will have been modified to not need a dongle. Sometimes the modification to enable the shooter handle is made to the dongle circuits of the machine and no error codes are triggered, other times the modification is made to the shooter handle circuits to permanently enable it, but this means that the machine will always have a 'missing dongle' error code.

If the ball shooter is working, then I wouldn't worry about finding a dongle. It is unlikely to fix the payout problem. It would clear the dongle error code, which might be masking the real error code, but that will only tell you if the machine thinks it's out of balls, or if it thinks the front lower ball tray is full, so is unlikely to be a lot of help.

I still sell card reader emulator dongles on the store page on my website, but I'd make sure your payouts are working before considering spending the money on one of these, as you won't get any benefits from a card reader emulator dongle if you have a payout problem.

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    The missing dongle will only affect the shooter handle, so check your ball shooter and if it is working normally, then the machine will have been modified to not need a dongle. Sometimes the modification to enable the shooter handle is made to the dongle circuits of the machine and no error codes are triggered, other times the modification is made to the shooter handle circuits to permanently enable it, but this means that the machine will always have a 'missing dongle' error code.

If the ball shooter is working, then I wouldn't worry about finding a dongle. It is unlikely to fix the payout problem. It would clear the dongle error code, which might be masking the real error code, but that will only tell you if the machine thinks it's out of balls, or if it thinks the front lower ball tray is full, so is unlikely to be a lot of help.

I still sell card reader emulator dongles on the store page on my website, but I'd make sure your payouts are working before considering spending the money on one of these, as you won't get any benefits from a card reader emulator dongle if you have a payout problem.
    Hi Daverob. Id like to purchase an emulator, but dont see exactly where on your website

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Pneuma

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    Hi Daverob. Id like to purchase an emulator, but dont see exactly where on your website
    https://www.pinballdave.com/store/CRE3.html

29. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know anything about PachiSlots... but never heard anyone talk about dongles for those.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

31. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Re: Error Code "A." Nishijin Nekketsu Bohkenoh model Y&O

Awesome ! good info !

One of the first questions I asked (this was off-line) was ... are there balls going to the payout mech. I think that's the first think to clear up.
    Last edited by rubberratt; 10-18-2021 at 09:08 AM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

33. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast