Thread: Cannot figure out "CR" error code

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cannot figure out "CR" error code

Ive created an account so I can hopefully figure out this issue. I just bought a Bellco Bingo pachislo machine at a yard sale and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of this "CR" error code. When I turn on the machine it plays what I can assume is the post bonus/error maintenance music and displays a "CR" error code on the door. Ive tried resetting "reset key, change odds, pull spin knob" and have had no luck so far. I also pulled the coin reader out and cleaned it with alcohol and q-tips all along the inside, tried removing the makeshift quarter conversion made with a flash card as well, all with no luck. I made sure the hopper was properly connected as well. I think its also worth noting that the magnet solenoid on the coin reader that redirects the coins from the tray to hopper is not being activated at all, so all the coins i put in are just going into the tray. The only thing that I could possibly think of is that maybe my resets arent working because the sensor on the spin/pull knob are dirty, therefore its not completing the reset process. If anybody could help me out with this issue it would be very appreciated.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cannot figure out "CR" error code

Sounds more like a sensor has failed on the token reader. They are infrared leds so will fail after a few years.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay so I have figured out the issue with the cr error. Turns out I just needed to unscrew the sensors themselves from the coin reader and clean them all individually. One of them had its own screw which gave me very easy access. The other 2 were connected by a small transparent bar that I could only assume is used to send light from one sensor to the other. After removing the respective screws for each sensor, they can be accessed by a very tiny hole, so small that i was only able to get a cotton swab in it after I pulled almost all the cotton off of it. I basically just put alcohol on the small amount of cotton left on the swab and kind of just rotated it around, That seemed to do the trick because everything worked perfectly after that.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to sbbenwah

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, I’m having the same problem with a cr code. Could you possibly post a picture of the sensors to be cleaned? I’ve had my coin acceptor out and cleaned it thoroughly. Thanks ��

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a bellco that had CR issues. Maybe this thread will help https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...390#post595390
    the part for my photosensors was https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...bnH5Mtvw%3D%3D

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, this is TerryLee. Thanks for the tip about the sensor. I took the coin acceptor out. It looks like this sensor has 6 little wires coming out of it which go through the small board and are soldered on the other side. How do you replace something like this? The link you posted looks like you just get the little black sensor. please advise. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, you order the part(s) and use a soldering iron to remove & replace them. If that's not your thing, maybe you can find a friend that's into that kind of thing, or a local 'maker' club that can help.