Thread: Aruze 2001 surf trip bonus lights stuck on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Aruze 2001 surf trip bonus lights stuck on

I have an Aruze model 2001 Surf Trip pachislo. When I turn it on, the top red portion stays lit, including the top 4th bonus reel. I know that these normally light up in bonus play rounds and to tease you of possible payouts, but it shouldn't stay lit up during normal play and when idle. What can I do to turn the lights off? I know how to perform an odds change, and that didn't do anything. Is there an actual hard reset process not involving having to change the odds from 1 to 6 step by pushing the buttons? Photo attached also shows my Eleco 2002 Taco Slot 2 and Aruze 2001 Gamble Combo machines. Same shell and they have the top 4th bonus reel. When I turn them on, the 4th reel and top red part are not lit up constantly. They do however light up during bonus play, as they should. Is there anything that could have triggered these to stay on? I've never known them to remain on, but rather flicker and flash in the bonus rounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Aruze 2001 surf trip bonus lights stuck on

I've never played one, but looking at videos it doesn't look like it should be lit..

Has it always been on for you, or did it start recently??

Hard reset and odds change should be the same procedure..

Does it play normally..does it light differently if you get a bonus??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I've never played one, but looking at videos it doesn't look like it should be lit..

Has it always been on for you, or did it start recently??

Hard reset and odds change should be the same procedure..

Does it play normally..does it light differently if you get a bonus??
    Honestly I don't remember if the top has always been lit up or not. I'll have to play through it more. The 4th bonus reel spins and the top all flashes and flickers when it hints at a payout when played for a few. I'll play through it some more. I know that the last real play through, it gave a bonus of like 250 turns or credits. I didn't complete that before turning off the machine. Though when turning on the machine, there's no indication that it's in bonus mode. Its just in normal regular play mode. Here's a screen shot of video I made of the last real play through. Showing that I got some bonus. I played through some but didn't complete. I've done the changing odds process. Machine off, reset key to right, turn machine on, press odds change button between 1 and 6, press down on reel spin knob, turn reset key to left, game resumes and ready to play indicated by the insert medals light. I see different steps online. Some say you push down on reel spin knob once to lock in, others says 3 times, others say hold for 15 seconds, and say to hold down knob while simultaneously turning reset key to the left. So I don't know for sure. I know the odds changed work because when I do reset procedure again, it's on the last number I set it at of 6. But I heard there is another kind of reset, maybe without the changing odds number steps. Something about getting the number to show in the odds change to 0 means full recent rather than between 1 and 6.
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

4. The following user says "Thanks" to brandonevans428

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got this pachislo within the last few weeks. Purchased from the marketplace on FB. Looking back at some photos posted in the listing, it looks like when the machine was on, the top red portion was lit up. With the exception of the bonus reel. As of now, the top red portion for bonus light including the 4th reel remain lit.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to brandonevans428