Thread: Friend picked up a Sankyo Kunoichi Story with vertical collapse on its CRT...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Friend picked up a Sankyo Kunoichi Story with vertical collapse on its CRT...

Howdy,
    Signed up hoping to help a friend out and get his machine fixed. I'm typically an arcade guy so I know my way around a monitor but I don't have any schematics/pinout for the CRT monitor. It's currently in vertical collapse ( horizontal line ) and was wondering if anyone has any information about the monitor / a replacement or someone sells parts. It's a samsung tube M13LFF11X01 but I can't get a bead on who makes the monitor - it has a sticker with - NINSP A1750374 Z2EV-E

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
    -Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Friend picked up a Sankyo Kunoichi Story with vertical collapse on its CRT..

Quote Originally Posted by dethfactor View Post
    Howdy,
    Signed up hoping to help a friend out and get his machine fixed. I'm typically an arcade guy so I know my way around a monitor but I don't have any schematics/pinout for the CRT monitor. It's currently in vertical collapse ( horizontal line ) and was wondering if anyone has any information about the monitor / a replacement or someone sells parts. It's a samsung tube M13LFF11X01 but I can't get a bead on who makes the monitor - it has a sticker with - NINSP A1750374 Z2EV-E

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
    -Mike

Welcome to Pachitalk!

I don't believe anyone is making CRT's for pachinko machines anymore, if you can't get it working, your best bet is to put out a wanted post in the members trade area here and to search EBAY. How about posting some pics of the machine front and back?

There are no parts available by the manufacturer because these machines are only used for 2 years in Japan and replaced with new models. What we have outside of Japan is nothing but these used machines and no parts. That's one of the reasons we are here at this forum to try and reverse engineer them and get them working.
    I have a machine that uses a CRT and when powered up it starts out with the horizontal line only, then progresses to a vertical rolling problem, then after 3 or 4 minutes settles out on it's own and works fine until you shut it off. There are a few tiny pot adjustments on them however I didn't find a vertical hold on mine nor a pot that expands or shrinks the image into a horizontal line.

The good news is it's not completely dead. While off try unplugging and re-plugging both sides of the associated wire harnesses for the monitor. You may have simply lost the signal because of a dirty connection. You could also try warming your buddies up with a hairdryer while on to see if the screen changes at all. Bottom line is you may have to wait until one pops ups from some ones parts machine.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Friend picked up a Sankyo Kunoichi Story with vertical collapse on its CRT..

A member on here I know somehow spent $600 fixing a dead CRT on a 1996 Sankyo Fever Powerful He mentioned a used screen off yahoo auctions was $170 alone. He replaced some other board on it too. There’s no way I’d justify those prices for 25 year old parts that could go out at any time but that just me! May be better off investing in something newer/better than throwing good money after bad. Unless there’s some great sentimental attachment to it.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're unlikely to find schematics or any details about the monitor, so you either have to go in blind and attempt a repair, or find an LCD panel of a similar size with RGB inputs and replace it.

When I was doing CRT TV repairs back in the day, we often didn't have schematics to work from, so we'd have a set of data books for common ICs used in TV sets, and look at the example circuits for any chips we found on the board and then try to figure out which components on the board did what. Hopefully there will be something on the internet that you can get a similar example circuit diagrams from, or at least determine which section of the circuit board is the frame output stage.

For the repair attempt, I would check the connections and wiring to the scan coils and then carefully check the soldering on the PCB around the frame output stage, you might get lucky and find a dry joint (that was my first ever TV repair at age 8, a dry joint on an electrolytic capacitor in the frame output stage causing frame collapse!). Then replace all the electrolytic capacitors in the same area, and finally replace the frame output transistor (if it has one) and then the frame output chip (if you can get hold of one!).

If this sounds a bit complicated, then post some pics of the monitor and its printed circuit boards and we can try to talk you through it.

8. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob