Thread: My first machine HELP:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first machine HELP:

Just got my first machine and it does not work completely. It is a Sankyo Stellar 2000 Fever. It powers up and most of the lights appear to be working, you can hear a motor running at what looks like the bottom of a ball chute or return tube. It wont let any balls drop to the area where the motor is running and when you twist the handle on front nothing happens as if there are no balls in place. A code on the front shows (FO) in red lights. I am looking for help or advise as I know nothing about these machines. I am a maintenance mechanic so I understand about how things work but I have never seen the back of one of these. Does anyone have info on where I could get a manual or parts list for this particular machine, or any help. Thanks the Tigerman.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first machine HELP:

Not familiar with that machine but do you by any chance have balls in the top hopper at the rear of the machine? Some machines wont let you shoot if there are no balls that it can payout however that is an older machine so I doubt if it would be that advanced and also believe its from before dongles were required. If that doesnt work I am sure someone more experienced will stumble across this thread to help out further.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you say it won't let balls move, check for screws or other small things that can cause a clog, turn key to left, to open glass, then on right side where glass just opened, press metal down or move to side, and that door will open, you should be able to see shooter, and make sure no balls or just one there, and from inside, see if you can see balls from tray, others are way smarter and know lots more than me, but its a start. And pictures of problems help also
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

pics please more pics the better

how many balls do you have?? does the back top hopper have a few hundred balls in it? are the balls making there way to the jackpot pay out? these machines usualy have a ball stop fork at the top is it down and keeping balls from getting to the jackpot pay out??

a picture is truly worth a thousand words
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I have about 250 balls but I'm not familuer with all the parts and their names as I just got this machine and have started researching. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoorePachi View Post
    Not familiar with that machine but do you by any chance have balls in the top hopper at the rear of the machine? Some machines wont let you shoot if there are no balls that it can payout however that is an older machine so I doubt if it would be that advanced and also believe its from before dongles were required. If that doesnt work I am sure someone more experienced will stumble across this thread to help out further.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes about 250 or so balls and they flow through the tube but never get to the handle or there is a blockage. Any ideals where I could find and print outs for this machine or even how to tell the age? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it have what looks like an old style computer port on the back? Wide with lots of pin holes? I'm not familiar with that era of machine yet but if it has that port then you will need a bypass dongle as it won't let you shoot without it.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

a picture of the front would be helpful. Sankyo add the word Fever to a lot of their titles. Also this era is the start of teh CR machines. SO you might need a dongle. Although Some machines have been blobbed. to bypass this feature.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pin2.jpgpin1.jpgI should have more pictures in the next day or so. And thanks for all the replies.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Texastigerman

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/...p%3Ftag%3D1990

FO seems to be normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDIrCqfNkT0

its certainly pre CR. so no dongle required.
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you said balls flow through tube?

to front of machine, means machine hit a fever and owes player balls up to 2000, keep adding to back until it stops paying

to back of machine, means stopper is open and its unload balls to move, on right side towards top of machine, next to wood side, there a blocker thats needs to be closed
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought a similar machine 2 weeks ago, the first of the modern style I had ever seen.
    I've already cleaned it and have an observation on your original post.
    The motor in the lower right rear runs constantly (apparently) and it's job is to eject winner balls into the main ball drain. Mine is noisy, but seems to work fine turning at about 45-50 rpm all the time. I guess it runs constantly because it never knows when a winner ball is going to appear.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
    I just bought a similar machine 2 weeks ago, the first of this style modern I had ever seen.
    The motor in the lower right rear runs constantly (apparently) and it's job is to eject winner balls into the main ball drain. Mine is noisy, but seems to work fine turning at about 45-50 rpm all the time. I guess it runs constantly because it never knows when a winner ball is going to appear.

Guess I should include a fuzzy back shot to go with the front one.

Also from your original post- re the shooter knob not working. The shooter knob on my machine didn't work at first. Then it suddenly started working after a few twists, then better after some use.

Sometimes I walk up to it and it doesn't want to work, then finally responds. Wondering if the large capacitor on the back of the machine is involved in the shooter operation and needs a few seconds to charge up sometimes?

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought a similar machine 2 weeks ago, the first of the modern style I had ever seen.

Welcome to Pachitalk

Mopar or No Car
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Mopar or No Car

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dongle Envy ?

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also from your original post- re the shooter knob not working. The shooter knob on my machine didn't work at first. Then it suddenly started working after a few twists, then better after some use.

Sometimes I walk up to it and it doesn't want to work, then finally responds. Wondering if the large capacitor on the back of the machine is involved in the shooter operation and needs a few seconds to charge up sometimes?

look at your shooter knob. There is a chrome ring behind the twisty part. you must make good contact of your skin to this ring. it requires skin contact to complete a ground to make the shooter work.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I did learn that requirement recently and started making sure I was doing it. Helped some but there are still times it just doesn't seem to want to respond. Just started it up and after a few seconds grabbed the shooter knob and ring. Nothing. After several more seconds go by, it suddenly starts working and seems ok.

All 3 of my moderns seem to have some kind of shooter problem. 2 require a lot of "English" being applied in some way, like trying to pull the knob towards you while twisting it.

The third one always adds an extra shot no matter how many you shoot in a session..... a second after you let go of the knob another ball is launched. This tends to cause lots of ball collisions on the launch rail.

I've taken the knobs apart and cleaned them, but that didn't seem to do much. I have mostly vintage machines so these moderns are still a little mysterious to me in some ways.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never had any serious problems...I just added a factory retrofit kit from a flipper to a knob. So simplistic (but I found a way to make it difficult! ) Just a knob, couple of pulleys, string, a micro switch, and a small motor with 3 gears! It wouldn't surprise me if new ones had a circuit board with chips and stuff on it.