Thread: Cabinet Advice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cabinet Advice

242270438_3023120944626607_6878499491000922720_n.jpg

Recently was gifted this as a starting point however, what are some ways I can design the rest of the cabinet to be more consumer friendly with easy access to the ball hopper / ball return. Additionally this is currently front heavy so how should I go about better distributing the weight as I build in the sides and base.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cabinet Advice

The cabinet will be a project ill slowly work on throughout the few months in the mean time I've been meaning to do the temporary 2x4 leg deal. However I have not stumble across any threads here that mention how long they should be?

I assume 18 inches or so will be fine but please do let me know if that would be too short to really give stability.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cabinet Advice

That’s designed for the parlor (with ball lifter and ball management system) so balls are refilled in the rear out of sight; would be difficult to convert it to a (front) top loading hopper. Unless you have a wall to install it into with access to the rear like a parlor would have. You may be better off starting over from scratch to make a better home use cabinet (that you can easily dump extra balls/winnings into from the front) and just salvage the battle counters to be reused.

Home parlor and real parlor pachinkos have different needs in regards to ball management. Would be cool to have a real parlor ball management system but very expensive and time consuming to design and setup (beyond a basic Silver ball lifter for each machine)

My “best” designed top hopper wall mount design; holds 3000-5000+ balls if needed

Last edited by lotsoballs; 09-19-2021 at 01:11 PM.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah thats honestly what I was thinking. Although my room is just wide enough that if I am able to replicate this top part and make a second to go with it. I will have just enough space to put a curtain that i can walk through and get behind it all. But that too would still be a pain in the ass. Especially considering I plan to move within a year.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoorePachi View Post
    Yeah thats honestly what I was thinking. Although my room is just wide enough that if I am able to replicate this top part and make a second to go with it. I will have just enough space to put a curtain that i can walk through and get behind it all. But that too would still be a pain in the ass. Especially considering I plan to move within a year.
    Yeah; especially when it’s in Fever mode and you have to keep getting up every 20 seconds to dump all your winnings back behind some massive cabinet… sounds like a recipe for frustration. With a top loading hopper; you don’t even have to get up. Not to mention the greatly increased ball holding capacity which is a huge plus.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you asked about feet, i like 4 inch (3 1/2 actual size) x 12 inches long, 3/4 thick, (i use anything with nice color, non pine and pay a couple extra bucks to get from a lumber yard) Also to fits trays, 1 1/2 inchs in on each side and 3 inches showing in front
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

8. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just point people to this blog

http://mjinko.ichiya-boshi.net/sima4.html

As my woodwork skill suck. I brought steel shelving system rated at 300kg per shelf. it warehouse racking stuff. For easy access. The side panels are fitted with magnets. so they just pull off. To turn the power on and off. I use a wall outlet smart plug and switch it over wifi. But like in the link. I use 4 ball lifters to keep balls flowing back to the top. Although. I can get my hands on a small conveyor. I will be replacing them. for a simpler and quieter design.

although with any system. including a large hopper above the machine. You need to think about. Oh I need to open the machine up for X,Y or Z. only to find 2000 balls falling from the sky.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I just point people to this blog

http://mjinko.ichiya-boshi.net/sima4.html

As my woodwork skill suck. I brought steel shelving system rated at 300kg per shelf. it warehouse racking stuff. For easy access. The side panels are fitted with magnets. so they just pull off. To turn the power on and off. I use a wall outlet smart plug and switch it over wifi. But like in the link. I use 4 ball lifters to keep balls flowing back to the top. Although. I can get my hands on a small conveyor. I will be replacing them. for a simpler and quieter design.

although with any system. including a large hopper above the machine. You need to think about. Oh I need to open the machine up for X,Y or Z. only to find 2000 balls falling from the sky.
    Already made the mistake of going to play realizing almost 5 minutes later I have no catch tray behind it atm. Definately not fun