Thread: Can anyone identify this eBay "parts" Mizuho machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Can anyone identify this eBay "parts" Mizuho machine

So I decided to buy a Mizuho as my first Pachinko machine from a small business seller in eBay. The seller claims that this machine electrically, it doesn't work (I can fix that easily) and that the "coin system" isn't tested (whatever that means!), but the ball springs up. Because of course, it is eBay, I will take it with a grain of salt and understand the risks of shipping, but may god have mercy on my soul if FedEx damages it. The seller also claims it is a parts machine, which is why I got it for $154 + free shipping, but again, I might take that with a grain of salt since the pictures show all the parts being there (but being a newbie in this community, I'm probably overlooking something here and the more professional folk can see better than I can).

Speaking of pictures, I have attached them here in order to let someone in this forum identify what year and what model is this Mizuho, since one of the pictures shows a date sticker, but no actual date. Just to note, I didn't take these pictures, these were the sellers:
    s-l1600.jpgs-l1601.jpgs-l1602.jpgs-l1603.jpgs-l1604.jpgs-l1605.jpgs-l1606.jpgs-l1607.jpgs-l1608.jpg

Here's the original eBay listing if you are curious:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27490851819...p2047675.l2557

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alcid34

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can anyone identify this eBay "parts" Mizuho machine

[CONTINUED]
    Due to the 9 picture limit for posts, here are three additional pictures, showing the mechanism:
    s-l1609.jpgs-l1610.jpgs-l1611.jpg

I'll update once I have received the machine.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to alcid34

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Well Thats confusing. From that description. It sounds like the seller doesn't understand what they are selling.

The only electrics on a machine like this is 2 light bulbs and 2 switches that trigger said light bulbs. This one seems to hava a AA battery holder attached. Also something of this age, wouldn't have a coin system. There are pretty much only on arrange balls and mahjong machines.

The plus side. The chrome doesn't look to bad, and I like the ship background

mecahanical. I know pretty much nothing about vintage machines. But your going to need at least 500 balls to play and test properly.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like the upper ball track cover is missing, but that's easily created out of something as simple as cardboard. It might also be missing linkage to deactivate the shooter once balls run low in the hopper--but if those parts have been removed, ALL of them have been removed, and that's rare. Furthermore, I don't see evidence of where those parts would have been mounted on the plywood, so maybe the machine doesn't have a shooter deactivation feature.

Also looks like at least one cover is missing over the seesaw, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

The machine is listed as a parts machine because the seller has no idea how it works or if it works, therefore there is no liability for them when you get it and it really doesn't work.

The machine doesn't take coins so his statement should tell you something.

Get balls--200 at the very least. More is better. Clean it but use no oil on the moving parts. Load the hopper and start shooting balls through to see what happens.
    Last edited by machgo; 09-14-2021 at 05:15 PM.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to machgo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1971 Mizuho

I bought the same machine from this ebay seller, but he never sent the machine and refunded my money; it was going to be a parts machine for my other one. His shipping price was too low, so I figured he would refund me. Anyhow, it's a 1971. Slightly different center pieces then mine. It has a 205 launcher which is a very early version. It is missing the seesaw cover. There are extra feet in the ball hopper which you can mount under the frame. Should be fully functional provided there is nothing lodged inside. The ball launcher however, is not very consistent on my machine due to its design or alignment, not sure yet, but hopefully yours won't be like that. I haven't had time to restore mine, but only to get it running. I do have the seesaw cover though, but your is in better condition overall. My playfield graphic is very faded and yellowed.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to GameXGame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by GameXGame View Post
    1971 Mizuho

I bought the same machine from this ebay seller, but he never sent the machine and refunded my money; it was going to be a parts machine for my other one. His shipping price was too low, so I figured he would refund me. Anyhow, it's a 1971. Slightly different center pieces then mine. It has a 205 launcher which is a very early version. It is missing the seesaw cover. There are extra feet in the ball hopper which you can mount under the frame. Should be fully functional provided there is nothing lodged inside. The ball launcher however, is not very consistent on my machine due to its design or alignment, not sure yet, but hopefully yours won't be like that. I haven't had time to restore mine, but only to get it running. I do have the seesaw cover though, but your is in better condition overall. My playfield graphic is very faded and yellowed.
    That is great to hear about my machine, I frankly didn't know the thing inside the hopper was feet, so that is cool to know. However, your previous experience with this seller makes me feel a bit worried. Not so sure why he sent a machine this time? Let's hope that he actually sent me the machine and not something else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alcid34 View Post
    That is great to hear about my machine, I frankly didn't know the thing inside the hopper was feet, so that is cool to know. However, your previous experience with this seller makes me feel a bit worried. Not so sure why he sent a machine this time? Let's hope that he actually sent me the machine and not something else.
    Hopefully you will have it intact upon arrival. Be careful of the plastics, especially any transparent plastic; it is very brittle. Let us know how it worked out!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to GameXGame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you guys are looking for the actual machine, which I have now, click here!