Thread: BanBan Jump; Elfin model

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default BanBan Jump; Elfin model

Hi all!

New member here. I joined because I picked up a Nishijin "Ban Ban Jump" machine, apparently, the "Elfin" model.

I didn’t have much hope for a $50 machine I found in a thrift store. I cleaned it up, and to my joy, it worked just fine. Almost.

1. Upon startup, the bonus ball hopper (in back of the machine) empties of its own accord. Is this normal?
    2. if I then add balls to the hopper, after about 25 have been added, it dumps them out again.
    3. I’ve bee able to light everything up in the ‘bonus round’, and expected some manner of payout, but nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Can someone with experience on this particular machine explain how to "win?" Is there something hinky with the payout mechanism?

many thanks in advance.

bizz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: BanBan Jump; Elfin model

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    Hi all!

New member here. I joined because I picked up a Nishijin "Ban Ban Jump" machine, apparently, the "Elfin" model.

I didn’t have much hope for a $50 machine I found in a thrift store. I cleaned it up, and to my joy, it worked just fine. Almost.

1. Upon startup, the bonus ball hopper (in back of the machine) empties of its own accord. Is this normal?
    2. if I then add balls to the hopper, after about 25 have been added, it dumps them out again.
    3. I’ve bee able to light everything up in the ‘bonus round’, and expected some manner of payout, but nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Can someone with experience on this particular machine explain how to "win?" Is there something hinky with the payout mechanism?

many thanks in advance.

bizz
    I have this model. Sounds like you don’t have enough balls for it and it’s catching up on payouts? It’s going to keep paying out till it’s done…. So just keep feeding it balls until it stops. Could take many thousands of balls if somebody has been playing it without enough balls.

25 balls is laughable! You’ll need to buy 1000 or so to have a hope of playing through the fever round.

It works just like any other hanemono style machine, it should pay out. (Once you put enough balls in it and get it sorted)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the incredibly rapid reply! If I understand you, I should just keep dumping balls into the hopper, and when they get dumped, just cycle them around again and again until it stops dumping? I guess I just don’t understand the logic/gameplay so well, but it’s been fun trying to figure this stuff out. Thanks for your suggestion; I’ll give it a try.

-bizz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    Thanks for the incredibly rapid reply! If I understand you, I should just keep dumping balls into the hopper, and when they get dumped, just cycle them around again and again until it stops dumping? I guess I just don’t understand the logic/gameplay so well, but it’s been fun trying to figure this stuff out. Thanks for your suggestion; I’ll give it a try.

-bizz
    Yeah; once you get it caught up on payouts to play you just score a ball in the 1 or 2 pocket, score another ball past the opening “flippers” on the yaku (center feature) and be lucky/skillful enough to have the ball roll into the bungee jumper’s mouth to start a fever. (Continue to shoot into the opening flippers and repeat as necessary). It will pay out hundreds of balls so be prepared.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Yeah; once you get it caught up on payouts to play you just score a ball in the 1 or 2 pocket, score another ball past the opening “flippers” on the yaku (center feature) and be lucky/skillful enough to have the ball roll into the bungee jumper’s mouth to start a fever. (Continue to shoot into the opening flippers and repeat as necessary). It will pay out hundreds of balls so be prepared.
    Arigato gozaimasu!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Bizz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Epilogue:

I purchased several hundred more balls, and tried cycling them through the payout hopper to no avail. I noticed that there’s a switch/sensor in the hopper, and one of the connectors was not seated properly. I secured it, pumped a bunch of balls through it (as suggested), and voila! It now pays out properly, and boy, does that make things much more fun!

Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions!

-bizz-

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Bizz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice; it’s a really good hanemono type machine; as a matter of fact, it was the first machine to start my 40 machine, 20+ cell and counting collection some 7 years ago….

You’ve been warned!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS