Thread: 9 Drums Gladiator Pachinko questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile 9 Drums Gladiator Pachinko questions

Hello, I believe I am in the right section. I purchased a 9 Drum Gladiator pachinko in 2002 for my mother. It has been in the house with little use and is in great working condition. She wants me to sell it but I have no idea what kind of price to ask. I am not willing to ship as I know these are delicate machines. I will include some pics and a video if I can get it to post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tukiebird

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 9 Drums Gladiator Pachinko questions

It’s not a popular/recognizable theme; so for a 20+ year old machine I’d say ask for $150-175 and settle for a $100-120 offer? It’s a CR machine which is nice but doesn’t look like many balls for it. How much did it cost in 2002?

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 9 Drums Gladiator Pachinko questions

from a Milwaukee Born boy .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tukiebird View Post
    Hello, I believe I am in the right section. I purchased a 9 Drum Gladiator pachinko in 2002 for my mother. It has been in the house with little use and is in great working condition. She wants me to sell it but I have no idea what kind of price to ask. I am not willing to ship as I know these are delicate machines. I will include some pics and a video if I can get it to post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I have the same machine. For what it's worth I paid $175 on eBay 1 year ago, then over $200 to ship from Cali to Florida.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had mine for over a decade and it does have a nice light attract mode .

And instead of just Three Reels you have Nine 3X the amount . It is a one speaker with pleasant music .

$150-$200 plus Shipping and Handling (boxes and packing peanuts cost some) .

Do you have a Antique Store or Commission Store in your area ? Even calling a Pawn shop to see if they might be interested in this unique machine (it does have slot machine type reels ).
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    I've had mine for over a decade and it does have a nice light attract mode .

And instead of just Three Reels you have Nine 3X the amount . It is a one speaker with pleasant music .

$150-$200 plus Shipping and Handling (boxes and packing peanuts cost some) .

Do you have a Antique Store or Commission Store in your area ? Even calling a Pawn shop to see if they might be interested in this unique machine (it does have slot machine type reels ).
    Mine had a couple issues, so 3 weeks ago I took it apart and cleaned it very carefully as it was my first modern full teardown. Looks great my original issues are fixed, but now I have no sound at all.

I took it back apart and checked everything, but don't see any issues. I've tried reseating connectors 3-4 times, hooked up a different speaker...nothing.

Was wondering if you have any suggestions. I don't know how to do a reset on this machine manually.
    3 months ago it did a self reset I guess because we were treated to a 3 minute show that included being sung to in japanese at the end. Now nothing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Give me a couple of days to get my machine out of storage so I can do a full check out of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
    Mine had a couple issues, so 3 weeks ago I took it apart and cleaned it very carefully as it was my first modern full teardown. Looks great my original issues are fixed, but now I have no sound at all.

I took it back apart and checked everything, but don't see any issues. I've tried reseating connectors 3-4 times, hooked up a different speaker...nothing.

Was wondering if you have any suggestions. I don't know how to do a reset on this machine manually.
    3 months ago it did a self reset I guess because we were treated to a 3 minute show that included being sung to in japanese at the end. Now nothing.

If it used to have sound before you took it apart…. It’s got to be a bad connection or possibly bad or out of adjustment aftermarket volume control (or factory volume control switch?). Maybe a pin got bent in a connector?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After taking the machine apart a 4th time and finding no loose wires or missed connections, decided to look at that simple little circuit board in the back bottom corner of the machine that I hadn't really thought much about. A large 4 wire harness terminated on this board from the sound card. The board traces show just straight through wiring, with the only purpose for the board was to reduce the wiring size by half for the trip to the front of the machine. Once taken out of its plastic housing, found the large top connector to have all 4 pins broken loose from the board surface. I apparently did this during the machine cleaning process, and the damage was obvious once I actually put eyes on it.
    Attachment 99377 Attachment 99380

Attempts to re-solder the connectors went badly, so the problem was eliminated by replacing the board with a molex type connector. The crimp connectors were able to grip both sizes of wires.

Attachment 99379

Sound has returned!

And we have again seen a jackpot result in being sung to in Japanese along with the light show!

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attachments invalid , all of them so I couldn't see any of them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just started using the advance editor...still learning. I'll try again.

Board with broken connector
    soundcircuitboard.jpggladiatorboard.gif

New connector to eliminate need for damaged board

speakerconn.jpg

Video of jackpot production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIWXEfWOqJ8

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr