Thread: Can't figure out year and can't find any machines even close to it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Can't figure out year and can't find any machines even close to it.

First off, I'm completely new to this game/machine. I've searched google pretty hard and can't find a machine like it. I've seen many with a screen with this case, but mine has red/green digital numbers that cycle with the ball goes thru center. The only tulip doesn't seem to ever open no matter what I do. PXL_20210828_230851247.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can't figure out year and can't find any machines even close to it.

It’s a kenrimono style gameplay machine; it probably comes into play during the fever. Why is the bonus trap door stuck open?

Have you not gotten a fever yet? (77 or 33) number combination probably, then shoot for the right side rotating pocket.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a similar gameplay one called Rapsody in the same frame as yours from the same era.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

I have a Pop Culture, it's made by Nishijin and came out in 1993!!

If you google 西陣ポップカルチャー you will get several pages about the machine and lots of YouTube videos!!

I made a kenri play guide a Long time ago, it should hopefully help you understand how one is played!!

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ono-Play-Guide!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

7. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for your help!!
    I've been reading google translations for this machine now and watching vids.

My tulip doesnt open and it never pays out any jackpots...I can manually put a ball down the tulip which activates the lower door though.

The spinny target on the right seems impossible to land a ball in and when I manually do it, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Saxist View Post
    Thank you for your help!!
    I've been reading google translations for this machine now and watching vids.

My tulip doesnt open and it never pays out any jackpots...I can manually put a ball down the tulip which activates the lower door though.

The spinny target on the right seems impossible to land a ball in and when I manually do it, it doesn't seem to do anything.
    You never answered my question if you got a fever yet though? 77 or 33 number combination? if not, that’s likely the “problem”. The bonus door should not be hanging wide open like that in normal operation; I wonder if somebody broke it/jammed it?

The no payout issue is probably separate, drain and refill it, look for ball blockages; disconnected connectors, etc. Good luck!

Pics of the rear of the machine around they payout area may help if it’s still broke.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    WELCOME!!!

I have a Pop Culture, it's made by Nishijin and came out in 1993!!

If you google 西陣ポップカルチャー you will get several pages about the machine and lots of YouTube videos!!

I made a kenri play guide a Long time ago, it should hopefully help you understand how one is played!!

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ono-Play-Guide!!
    ^ Best kenrimono play guide ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have now gotten 33s and 77s and the machine makes happy noises and flashes but no payouts. The bonus door works fine I think. For the pic I had manually pressed the switch up from the backside. Otherwise it opens and closes when I manually put things in the tulip (that never opens).

The lever in the pic I attached doesn't seem to ever activate unless I jiggle it.

Matter of fact I'm not sure how the balls in this area are supposed to ever get out lol. PXL_20210829_145851711.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK progress!

I disassembled the lever in the last post to realize their was a broken bit of plastic stuck in it preventing balls from entering it. It now pays out when balls enter holes.

I still can't get the tulip to activate unfortunately.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Saxist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK progress!

I disassembled the lever in the last post to realize their was a broken bit of plastic stuck in it preventing balls from entering it. It now pays out when balls enter holes.

I still can't get the tulip to activate unfortunately.
    Have you gotten a 33 or 77 since the payout issue was fixed? That might have caused some error. Looks like that tulip should open once every round of the fever (and allow 9–10 balls in the bonus trap door)

I’d check all the connectors to the tulip and boards.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rluocK-QPJwo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've now manually put DOZENS of balls into the start hole which activates the digital display. It never gets a 33 or 77 now. Is this adjustable?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've now manually put DOZENS of balls into the start hole which activates the digital display. It never gets a 33 or 77 now. Is this adjustable?
    Dozens of balls is nothing. You could play for hours and they never line up to hit a fever; these are made to make money for the parlor of course! odds are not adjustable; only the nails; which makes a huge difference. You need to be much more patient playing this type machine; ditto with digipachis; if you have short attention span I suggest getting a hanemono style machine that has fevers every 5 mins if the player is any good.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You were right. Once I got 77 after getting the lever working, the tulip opens. So I think it's fully operational at this point. Time to take the time to clean it now.

Hours and no win?! What is the incentive to play this style machine then? While I understand the odds are always in the house favor, the odds of winning even the small 'jackpots' on this seem really really low, and when you DO it's not like you get a mega payout??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You were right. Once I got 77 after getting the lever working, the tulip opens. So I think it's fully operational at this point. Time to take the time to clean it now.

Hours and no win?! What is the incentive to play this style machine then? While I understand the odds are always in the house favor, the odds of winning even the small 'jackpots' on this seem really really low, and when you DO it's not like you get a mega payout??
    Told you so! Low payout?? I have one of these that pays out upwards of 6000 balls a fever! I can barely keep it fed with balls. Also the odds of continuing to get fevers after it’s “hot” are usually increased. Kenrimono style are more for hard core gambler type like digipachi except usually a bit more skill involved, get a hanemono next time for faster paced gameplay and also skill based.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs