Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jumping head first into being a Pachinko owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jumping head first into being a Pachinko owner

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Definitely a potential option, as I do not have one with the little screen which would be neat and more skill is always nice. Would this be something that would be compatible to the davrob dongle? I don't know the details of exactly how they work yet but for the machines I'm keeping I definitely want that to be an option since I'm making some custom cards for everyone. I really like how these turned out:

Attachment 98560

Attachment 98561
    Cool looking card

Your cards would need to have a smart card chip to work in the card readers. I don't think there are other options. I'm not sure if Dave is printing custom cards again so double check with him on that. https://www.pinballdave.com/store/index.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Cool looking card

Your cards would need to have a smart card chip to work in the card readers. I don't think there are other options. I'm not sure if Dave is printing custom cards again so double check with him on that. https://www.pinballdave.com/store/index.html
    I had planned on buying them from Dave but if hes not printing any more thats fine I can probably either find a printer locally and buy blank cards or do an online service. After carrying around e-amuse cards for years the idea of having my own "parlor's" card is definitely something I want to do tho.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, no news is not good news. This seller has been an absolute pain and not just to myself and lotsoballs; I found ANOTHER guy who is supposed to pick up these machines but is still being jerked around. At this point its probably going to be a loss unless this guy magically starts communicating like a human being as he just seems to be telling everyone and anyone they can come pick up the machines but then never sets a date.

I found another, older machine that looks to be in pretty good condition tho, so I might pick this up instead and start my pachinko life on less modern end. As of yet this is the only picture I have, but does anyone recognize this machine? The FB marketplace listing is kind of old so idk if I will have any luck here either but hey, got to try!

228404270_2934192616805517_7965483933782580201_n.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that was quick; this one is gone too. Seems like it wasn't meant to be; I might end up buying a new machine at some point but for now I'm kinda out of options as I don't have enough cash to shell out for multiple new machines at the moment.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's not a little bit older. It's a lot older. Does seem to be a CR machine due to the buttons on the front. Can't tell the game due to the camera angle but it's a daiichi. Probably early 2000s as its pre X Gear frame.
    Ian #UKPachinko

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your best bet. Is find a machine with a theme you like. No point in spending money on something you might not enjoy.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Your best bet. Is find a machine with a theme you like. No point in spending money on something you might not enjoy.
    True, but I also don't want to just restrict myself to the stuff I know because I might miss out on something cool even if its not a theme that I'm directly aware of. Magicape is a good example; it wasn't something I initially would have ever looked into but after seeing it in that bundle and watching gameplay of it I was excited to try it. I think my best bet is to roll down to Pachinko World and just go play a bunch and see what kinds of pachinko I really like and to see if I really enjoy pachinko enough to warrant owning machines of my own. That was the original plan anyway; it just got mixed up due to thinking I was going to find a good "starter pack" deal with the original posted lot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, no news is not good news. This seller has been an absolute pain and not just to myself and lotsoballs; I found ANOTHER guy who is supposed to pick up these machines but is still being jerked around. At this point its probably going to be a loss unless this guy magically starts communicating like a human being as he just seems to be telling everyone and anyone they can come pick up the machines but then never sets a date.

I found another, older machine that looks to be in pretty good condition tho, so I might pick this up instead and start my pachinko life on less modern end. As of yet this is the only picture I have, but does anyone recognize this machine? The FB marketplace listing is kind of old so idk if I will have any luck here either but hey, got to try!

228404270_2934192616805517_7965483933782580201_n.jpeg
    Yeah, it’s not my first rodeo when it comes to dealing with shysters and flaky individuals on FB marketplace selling pachinkos, I once had the old bait and switch pulled after driving 2.5 hrs one way for a particular kenrimono (from a Sheriff no less!) and other people like this guy who just can’t stick to a set date/time to make it happen and just waste everybody’s time.

If he told you AND me to come get them; no telling how many others to do the same. No big deal; I should have picked up one of the AKB48 machines 2 years ago when I had the chance. But I stand by my choices; Heiwa Miss Love Plus was unknown to me at the time and turned out to be one of the best pachinkos of all time; also scored a Tokio Deluxe hanemono which I had always wanted.

Hopefully he stops playing games and sets a date for you to get them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Yeah, it’s not my first rodeo when it comes to dealing with shysters and flaky individuals on FB marketplace selling pachinkos, I once had the old bait and switch pulled after driving 2.5 hrs one way for a particular kenrimono (from a Sheriff no less!) and other people like this guy who just can’t stick to a set date/time to make it happen and just waste everybody’s time.

If he told you AND me to come get them; no telling how many others to do the same. No big deal; I should have picked up one of the AKB48 machines 2 years ago when I had the chance. But I stand by my choices; Heiwa Miss Love Plus was unknown to me at the time and turned out to be one of the best pachinkos of all time; also scored a Tokio Deluxe hanemono which I had always wanted.

Hopefully he stops playing games and sets a date for you to get them.
    I deal a lot with marketplace. Everything from games to cars. This has been BY FAR my worst experience. Like if someone else got the machines, thats fine, if he decided he was busy, thats fine. But this back and forth nonsense and the fact that he seems to be talking to everyone on the eastern seaboard and still giving no answers to any of them is driving me crazy. Sorry to rant lol, but holy cow I've seen weddings less complicated than this. One good thing that came out of this is learning a ton about pachinko from both you guys and the internet in general. I have a Sony PVM 14L5 that I might sell and get 2 machines imported since I feel like PVMs are pretty overpriced atm and sitting on a 20 year old TV thats worth 4 figures is scaring me a bit more than owning a few pachinko would. Either way, I'm done harassing this guy I gave him my number and told him to call me if he actually decides to get serious and sell.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I deal a lot with marketplace. Everything from games to cars. This has been BY FAR my worst experience. Like if someone else got the machines, thats fine, if he decided he was busy, thats fine. But this back and forth nonsense and the fact that he seems to be talking to everyone on the eastern seaboard and still giving no answers to any of them is driving me crazy. Sorry to rant lol, but holy cow I've seen weddings less complicated than this. One good thing that came out of this is learning a ton about pachinko from both you guys and the internet in general. I have a Sony PVM 14L5 that I might sell and get 2 machines imported since I feel like PVMs are pretty overpriced atm and sitting on a 20 year old TV thats worth 4 figures is scaring me a bit more than owning a few pachinko would. Either way, I'm done harassing this guy I gave him my number and told him to call me if he actually decides to get serious and sell.
    What an ordeal! Yeah, I told him to keep me posted after he mentioned he was bailing last time; haven’t heard a peep from him since.

Anyway, on the upside there’s still time to get an order in the for next group shipment from JT Comatz happening on FB. Or Clover has that Sankyo Gundam for under $500 with the Fortune frame which you can swap numerous good cells into; which is another viable option for getting a pachinko quickly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    What an ordeal! Yeah, I told him to keep me posted after he mentioned he was bailing last time; haven’t heard a peep from him since.

Anyway, on the upside there’s still time to get an order in the for next group shipment from JT Comatz happening on FB. Or Clover has that Sankyo Gundam for under $500 with the Fortune frame which you can swap numerous good cells into; which is another viable option for getting a pachinko quickly.
    I'm going to list a few things on marketplace myself, get a few $s and probably do the import if I dont get a response this weekend. Yamato is calling to me hahaha.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did anyone pick these up? Im in NC wouldnt mind grabbing some.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CrumptiniteX View Post
    Did anyone pick these up? Im in NC wouldnt mind grabbing some.
    The seller has been telling everybody and their brother to pick these up but they are playing games, being difficult and won’t meet at a specified time; coming up with lame last minute excuses ect. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Afaik, he has fallen off the face of the earth. I'm keeping in contact with another guy who is going after them to figure out when he responds to everyone but so far he hasn't said a word since the weekend I made this post.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also had no luck with Clark and even ended up making a trip to myrtle last week. got responses the day before i left to go to myrtle for a few days but then radio silence. Oh well... But yeah @Mooseman if you decide to part with some machines I am potentially interested. I am over in the Charlotte/Concord Area.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoorePachi View Post
    I also had no luck with Clark and even ended up making a trip to myrtle last week. got responses the day before i left to go to myrtle for a few days but then radio silence. Oh well... But yeah @Mooseman if you decide to part with some machines I am potentially interested. I am over in the Charlotte/Concord Area.
    That guy is full of it! Too bad you weren’t there when the parlor shut down originally and there was tons to choose from; cheap!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I can't believe it but I actually got 4 of the 6 machines. But how I got them is quite the story with multiple people involved. A lot of this story is NeedMoorePachi's story so he will have to fill in some blanks.

About 2 weeks ago I basically gave up on these machines; I just assumed the seller wouldn't really come around and if he did he was messaging multiple people as well as flaking out on pickups, so I wouldn't be the one to get them. However I did keep in touch with another buyer, NeedMoorePachi, who was a bit more persistent than I was. After offering the seller more money specifically for the AKB machines, the seller FINALLY responded, and set up a pickup date. NMP contacted me to get me in on the deal for the non-AKB machines, and we all agreed to meet Saturday at 10.

Unfortunately, our seller got a bit bold and tried to raise the price last minute, claiming that it was his wife that had offered the price and not him. Whether thats true or not, at this point warning bells go off. In my history of using marketplace and craigslist, you NEVER make an agreement for a meet time with a price and then change the price. That is extremely rude and is also a huge red flag that shady stuff is going on. NMP, again a bit more tenacious than I was, reached out to Leo at Pachinko World to see if he happened to know anything about these machines since this guy was acting even more shady.

Turns out they were STOLEN. Apparently they were stolen out of a storage unit awhile ago, and Leo himself had already tried to contact the seller about the machines when the ad first went up. At this point, I completely bail out of the deal. But NMP, the seller, and Leo apparently worked out a deal to get the machines back. Leo also says it was probably not the seller who stole them after calling the seller directly.

NMP takes the plunge to go get these machines, successfully does not get murdered/robbed in the process, and returns them to Pachinko World. NMP ends up getting the AKB machines, and now that they are formerly stolen machines, I make my way to Pachinko World to see if I can buy them assuming Leo doesnt want to keep a few of them. I had already planned on going to Pachinko World this weekend prior to all this stuff happeneing, so even if I didn't buy the machines or they were completely busted, I was at least going to finally get to play some modern pachinko machines.

Pachinko World, firstly, is amazing and I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of pachinko visit. Secondly, Leo went above and beyond to help test the status of the machines, as well as give me a great deal that was well in my favor. 3 of the 4 machines seem to be in working order, with 1 not powering up, but that also might be due to us hastily connecting my transformer. After playing 3000 balls at Pachinko World (and not getting a SINGLE bonus lol) I packed up and drove home. The machines definitely need quite a bit of TLC but I think I finally made the jump even if it was a few weeks further out than I expected. Hopefully I can test and and share some more pictures of them this weekend, but for now the only picture I have is my mess of a car that I definitely should have switched out for the Tahoe. Special thanks to NMP and Leo for being super cool and helping me get the machines; I couldn't have done it without them!

20210917_185228.jpg

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mooseman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah this whole ordeal got a bit crazy. Can vouch for the seller tho he was able to provide proof he bought them from someone on facebook as well �� Unfortunately the akb machines I picked up had the worst treatment. When they were stolen for some reason the thief didnt bother unwiring it from the transformer. Instead they had the audacity to cut the power cord... and left almost no cord to play with on both machines.

But overall it ended up with a good resolution. And leo from pachinko world gifted me numerous products he had laying around along with an additional akb cell.
    20210917_144708.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NeedMoorePachi; 09-18-2021 at 03:23 AM.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to NeedMoorePachi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow that's really something else! I'm glad it worked out for both of you and Leo.

I bet the convertible had drawn a lot of attention going down the road.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast