Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jumping head first into being a Pachinko owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jumping head first into being a Pachinko owner

Hello everyone! For years I have been looking for an opportunity to get into having pachinko at home, and thankfully that opportunity has finally struck! This weekend I will be picking up 5 modern pachinko machines, which is admittedly is around 4 more than I was looking for, but when the price is right you don't complain. I've browsed the forums a lot over the last few days, but I still want to see if anyone has any input on any of these games, and maybe some ideas for getting them all working as cleanly as possible. The machines are as follows:

Fist of the North Star (it seems to have a female character in the upper left which I can't find in other pictures of the unit. Video of a different character but same machine https://youtu.be/dhL7Z7qmsiM)
    AKB48 Rose Ceremony (Rose Ceremony is either the name of the version or the bonus. Its seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXd13J3o0Vk)
    Legend Akagi (this is a video of the machine https://youtu.be/D25O9hv3q3M)
    Magicape (video https://youtu.be/nToUe9k9kAM)
    Stairway to Heaven (seems to be a teledrama of some sort, could not find a video)

If anyone has played or owns any of these games I'd love to hear opinions, problems, etc. Obviously some are better than others, and as space is limited I will only be able to keep 3-4 of the machines so my big question is, that if I was to wire up a 3 machine setup and a 1 machine setup, what transformers would you all recommend? Basically there would be 3 in my arcade area and then possibly one more in my lounge on a separate plug from the rest. They do not include transformers as they were taken out of a bigger shop, so while there are a few threads on transformers, I want to be sure I'm getting something compatible with how I plan on doing things before purchasing. Also if there are some that are available from local sources or prime shipping, it would be really nice to have for this weekend so I can actually get started without waiting til next week for an ebay order to come in.

Secondly, do I need anything extra to get started? They come with an unknown amount of balls so how many would I theoretically need to have in total to run 3-4 machines? Also they do not come with keys, are there universal keys that you can get for these machines or will I have to figure out another way to get them open?

I know this is a rather long first post, but I appreciate any help you all can give and look forward to updating this post frequently over the next few days as things get started.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Mooseman

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jumping head first into being a Pachinko owner

i played the AKB48 Rose when in Japan, Liked it so much I shipped one to the UK. has a few mini games in it. Loud music. Traditional Kyoraku start up alarm. and every hour it plays a song .

https://youtu.be/fBfzWQC0SGU
    https://youtu.be/E3k320MD99w

Not sure if you want the app for it "pachirogu"

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...light=pachilog

I have the standard service manual for it thats rates it at 250va

so if you wanted to run 3 off of one transformer. You would probably best getting a 1Kva transfomer. and then a seperate 250va for a seperate machine.
    That would also give you a little spare to run any data counters or top lights etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBq94eO8FQw

Most modern machines have the same key (about 99%) but the odd one does appear that has a slightly different master key.

Of course. If your wall mounting or putting them in a cabinet. Get your hands on some Davrob dongles, and maybe at a later date some balll lifters.
    failing that. some sort of large storage for balls
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! I'm excited to play AKB just because of how crazy it looks so I'm happy to hear it's a good game. This is a lot of great info thanks for helping; it's been a bit overwhelming to go from "knows what pachinko is" to "owner of several" in just a few days so every bit of clarification/advice helps.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok after doing some thinking I would like to probably run each on it's own transformer, just so I can run and test them independently. I'm thinking this would work? It's a bit higher va than required but from what little I understand about this stuff that should be fine and good if I want to add accessories in the future. Im not sure of the exact difference between the toroidal transformers and the box ones so let me know if I'm way off track here.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/13135021556...kAAOSwMKpUZt91

Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13135021556...kAAOSwMKpUZt91 would this work as a transformer? My limited knowledge of electric says yes and that having a bit more room to work with on the va side will give me some extra juice for an accessory or 2 and shouldn't cause any problems. I decided that until I finalize my setup that I'd rather run each machine on its own transformer just in case I decide to move things around later.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I suggest having upwards of 2000 balls per machine for when the action gets hot.

I have generic aluminum Omlock keys for $6.00 each and authentic Omlock ones for $9.00 each. USPS delivery cost is part of those prices as well. These are the master key to the Omlock cylinder and works in 95% or more of them. I also have additional cylinders. Private message me if you want anything.
    Pete

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Transformer seems up to the task. Just make sure you use the 24v coil not the 28v and you insulate the wires not used.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I suggest having upwards of 2000 balls per machine for when the action gets hot.

I have generic aluminum Omlock keys for $6.00 each and authentic Omlock ones for $9.00 each. USPS delivery cost is part of those prices as well. These are the master key to the Omlock cylinder and works in 95% or more of them. I also have additional cylinders. Private message me if you want anything.
    Pete
    I will 100% DM you because everywhere else I've looked for keys they want 25-30$ plush shipping for them. 2000 balls holy cow, I guess thats not surprising but I guess I better go pick up a dump truck. On ebay there seems to be plenty of sources at ~37$ for 500 but if anyone knows where I might be able to buy some more bulk for cheaper let me know.

takethecastle your thread is the one I found earlier that put me onto the toroidal transformers so thanks! These transformers seem to be all over the place in terms of size, design, and price so I'm glad that the ones I purchased seem like the right option. Definitely going to be staring out my window in the next coming days since my pachinko are going to be sitting cold and off until they arrive.

Also, the davrob dongles look absolutely incredible. I didn't even realize having a card system was possible in your home; guess I'll just add a few of those onto the big credit card bill

Tomorrow I will be going out early to get the machines; last thing I need to do is measure my chevy tahoe to see if they will all fit. Having not seen them in person, I still don't quite grasp how big or small these are besides just kinda visualizing the measurements.
    Sorry for 2x posting btw, I guess my first post was awaiting mod approval.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mooseman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch; same seller is telling me to come Saturday to pick up some of those machines too!

I’ve been messaging Clark for a week about it. I’ve seen all these machines before; all former Pachinko World of Myrtle Beach machines; I got the first pick of the original lot of 25+ of them at the parlor a couple years ago when it closed; the cream of the crop newer machines, except maybe one of those AKB48 machines; also got one of the Magicape hanemonos identical to one the seller has for sale. Although all the ones I bought came with heavy duty transformers and were plug and play for $100 each.

I highly recommend the Magicape hanemono, it’s a Sankyo so lots of cell swapping options too.

Although after seeing video of “Stairway to Heaven” and I’m highly disappointed not Led Zeppelin related, seems a bit cheesy, and the Fist of the North Star nor the other gambling one is really my cup of tea either. So, it seems the duplicate AKB48 is of any real interest to me.

Where are you located in NC? If you’re somewhat close to Charlotte, please pickup the extra AKB48 and I’ll pay transportation/finder fee (if I don’t beat you to it Saturday ) Still haven’t decided if 1 or 2 machines is worth a day trip to North Myrtle Beach, a dip in the ocean sounds real good though!

Last edited by lotsoballs; 08-27-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I will 100% DM you because everywhere else I've looked for keys they want 25-30$ plush shipping for them. 2000 balls holy cow, I guess thats not surprising but I guess I better go pick up a dump truck. On ebay there seems to be plenty of sources at ~37$ for 500 but if anyone knows where I might be able to buy some more bulk for cheaper let me know.
    The balls I have for sale are not the engraved version though some could have been mixed in when I cleaned and polished them. I am asking $0.05 per ball plus shipping.

Many other items for sale, just ask. Also there are some items posted in my pictures within my user profile. A few machines will also be up for sale in the coming month but these will need to be picked up locally.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

takethecastle your thread is the one I found earlier that put me onto the toroidal transformers so thanks! These transformers seem to be all over the place in terms of size, design, and price so I'm glad that the ones I purchased seem like the right option. Definitely going to be staring out my window in the next coming days since my pachinko are going to be sitting cold and off until they arrive.

Also, the davrob dongles look absolutely incredible. I didn't even realize having a card system was possible in your home; guess I'll just add a few of those onto the big credit card bill

Tomorrow I will be going out early to get the machines; last thing I need to do is measure my chevy tahoe to see if they will all fit. Having not seen them in person, I still don't quite grasp how big or small these are besides just kinda visualizing the measurements.
    Sorry for 2x posting btw, I guess my first post was awaiting mod approval.
    A Tahoe fits at least 7 of them; 8 maybe?

From last trip to Pachinko World of Myrtle Beach:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    A Tahoe fits at least 7 of them; 8 maybe?

From last trip to Pachinko World of Myrtle Beach:
    Wow hahaha, same car, same state, same interest, and same buyer! If you are a 6'3 tubby guy with black hair I literally think I might be talking to myself.

Chris has now told me that he will not be available this weekend after all, so idk wtf is going on. If you wanted the extra AKB machine, I wouldn't be opposed to a trade of some sort as well; I had originally planned on giving it/loaning it out to our local arcade here in Greensboro but if you had another modern machine that you were wanting to give up in exchange I think that would be killer for both of us. I could very easily drop it off on the way back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow hahaha, same car, same state, same interest, and same buyer! If you are a 6'3 tubby guy with black hair I literally think I might be talking to myself.

Chris has now told me that he will not be available this weekend after all, so idk wtf is going on. If you wanted the extra AKB machine, I wouldn't be opposed to a trade of some sort as well; I had originally planned on giving it/loaning it out to our local arcade here in Greensboro but if you had another modern machine that you were wanting to give up in exchange I think that would be killer for both of us. I could very easily drop it off on the way back.
    Lol, too funny! Well for that trip had to borrow my mother’s Tahoe! 7 modern pachinkos with transformers is quite a heavy load I’ll tell you that! I’m only 6’2 1/2”. Yeah; can you please get that one? He said would cut a deal on the whole lot; told me he’d sell 4 of them for $250. Same seller told me he was going to NC tomorrow; but his brother will be there to conduct the transaction. Sounds a bit sketchy, especially considering the 3hr drive, but it is close to the beach which is cool! (And 1 hour from Pachinko world of Wilmington!) I have a couple different machines might be able to work out a trade for the AKB48, or just cash. You won’t have any trouble selling it at those prices; assuming they all do work. (I bought one Battle of Vader with known error message/defect and parted it out).

I’ll tell him I changed my mind and somebody else is coming… I’ve already got tons of Pachinkos and don’t need to be hoarding all of them from newcomers to the hobby I suppose. I didn’t really feel like driving 3hrs first thing in the morning anyway. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lol, too funny! Well for that trip had to borrow my mother’s Tahoe! 7 modern pachinkos with transformers is quite a heavy load I’ll tell you that! I’m only 6’2 1/2”. Yeah; can you please get that one? He said would cut a deal on the whole lot; told me he’d sell 4 of them for $250. Same seller told me he was going to NC tomorrow; but his brother will be there to conduct the transaction. Sounds a bit sketchy, especially considering the 3hr drive, but it is close to the beach which is cool! (And 1 hour from Pachinko world of Wilmington!) I have a couple different machines might be able to work out a trade for the AKB48, or just cash. You won’t have any trouble selling it at those prices; assuming they all do work. (I bought one Battle of Vader with known error message/defect and parted it out).

I’ll tell him I changed my mind and somebody else is coming… I’ve already got tons of Pachinkos and don’t need to be hoarding all of them from newcomers to the hobby I suppose. I didn’t really feel like driving 3hrs first thing in the morning anyway. Good luck!
    I appreciate that a lot, and hopefully I can get everything worked out and we all get new pachinko! I offered to straight up prepay today for the lot to reserve it but of course to build the drama he hasn't responded back yet. If the thing with his brother can still work I'll probably head down at the crack of dawn to go get them, and be back towards Charlotte in the early afternoon assuming everything moves smoothly. But being that this transaction is getting a bit more scuffed than I expected, I don't know what to expect. Let me know if you can work any magic on getting him communicating again; I DM'd you my contact info so feel free to text me there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does this road construction hanemono do anything for you? It works 100%, skill based so better for arcade environment vs digipachi in my opinion (ditto for Magicape). Older, but can throw in a bit of extra cash.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does this road construction hanemono do anything for you? It works 100%, skill based so better for arcade environment vs digipachi in my opinion (ditto for Magicape). Older, but can throw in a bit of extra cash.

Definitely a potential option, as I do not have one with the little screen which would be neat and more skill is always nice. Would this be something that would be compatible to the davrob dongle? I don't know the details of exactly how they work yet but for the machines I'm keeping I definitely want that to be an option since I'm making some custom cards for everyone. I really like how these turned out:

MegaCardFront.png

MegaMooseCardBack.png

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definitely a potential option, as I do not have one with the little screen which would be neat and more skill is always nice. Would this be something that would be compatible to the davrob dongle? I don't know the details of exactly how they work yet but for the machines I'm keeping I definitely want that to be an option since I'm making some custom cards for everyone. I really like how these turned out:

MegaCardFront.png

MegaMooseCardBack.png
    Yes, it’s a CR (card reader) machine with buttons that dispense balls with a Daverob dongle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast