Thread: Sammy Catseye - reels won't spin, max button looks like it's stuck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy Catseye - reels won't spin, max button looks like it's stuck

Hello again everyone!

I ended up getting two machines, one which works perfectly and the other (Catseye) that everything lights up but the reels won't spin. Any help would and will be greatly appreciated.

Details: machine registers coins, lights up credits, but does not spin the reels when stick is pressed. When stick is pressed the green light flashes on back of board, as does 1 and 2 credit play, and the three buttons on the front. The max button seems to be pressed down and has no give at all. On the inside of the door next to the joystick light is what I assume is the max button light and it is just steady red.

Troubleshooting tried: cleaned the inside, tried to reset the machine. I read online to try and bypass the max button by unplugging it but it appears the max button and joystick are on the same connector so not sure how to do that. I also see there are two power flip switches, not sure if I need to be turning them both on or not?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
    IMG_20210822_052942.jpgIMG_20210822_053004.jpgIMG_20210822_053019.jpgIMG_20210822_053104.jpgIMG_20210822_053112.jpgIMG_20210822_055155~2.jpgIMG_20210822_055219.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Catseye - reels won't spin, max button looks like it's stuck

A lot of machines use opto intrupters for the buttons rather than micro switches. It might be worth removing the button. And checking. Also.of.course checking to see if the button is stuck in. Then if possible. Borrow one from one of the other bet buttons or source a replacement.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you! I removed the wire from the button, then removed the button and it was filthy. Cleaned up the spring and all the parts, plugged it back in and the start button was now lit (which apparently it wasn't before). And everything seems to be working perfectly now! I got it really cheap because they said it was not working so this was almost as easy as can be so thank you again!!!

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ecko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    A lot of machines use opto intrupters for the buttons rather than micro switches. It might be worth removing the button. And checking. Also.of.course checking to see if the button is stuck in. Then if possible. Borrow one from one of the other bet buttons or source a replacement.
    Sorry if this is duplicate. Removing the button and cleaning fixed all the issues.