Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi, new user with a Toyotec Burst Angel that won't launch

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hi, new user with a Toyotec Burst Angel that won't launch

Hi, I'm new around these parts but have had these three machines for several years. The last 2 years they've been in storage but I've recently set them back up.

I have:
    Aqua Paradise by Sankyo
    A Burst Angel by Toyotec that is now not working (of course it's my favorite that breaks)
    A pachinko that I have not got around to identifying that has an anime girl band theme.

I'm hoping someone will have some insight on my Toyotec Burst Angel that won't launch balls. The launcher doesn't do anything or make any noise but I suspect that it won't attempt to launch balls if there is an error condition elsewhere. At the top right of the machine there is a red light that I think is an error indicator. There is also a led on the back that says 'E'. The LED initially says 'F' on power on but immediately changes to 'E' I'm hoping the light has some specific meaning to it other than error. It has balls in the hopper and pays out if I drop a ball in one of the winning slots. There are also 3 other indicator lights on the front that are off. Two on the top left of unknown color and a blue one on the top right, that one seems to be the hopper empty light. All connectors seem to be well seated but I haven't checked the ones behind the plastic yet.

Here is the front and back of the Burst Angel
    BurstAngel.jpg

BurstAngelTop.jpg
    BurstAngelBack.jpg

And my other two
    Aqua Paradise
    AquaParidise.jpg

I haven't taken the time to ID this one yet.
    AnimeBand.jpg

I greatly appreciate any assistance with the Burst Angel and have learned a lot I didn't know just by browsing.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Sorry if some of the images are sideways, they are correct in the editor but not the preview.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to KWord

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hi, new user with a Toyotec Burst Angel that won't launch

WELCOME!!!

I think I will move your post to to the Pachinko section so more people will see it!!

Have you tried swapping dongles from one of your other machines to see if that helps with the shooter??

And don't worry about sideways pictures, the forum has a mind of its own when it comes to picture orientation!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the great suggestion of swapping the dongles. Unfortunately that didn't work. Should every dongle work on every machine or are some incompatible with each other? Interestingly the error lights stay the same with the swapped dongle and also without any dongle at all. I wonder if this could mean it's a problem elsewhere in the assembly the dongle plugs into.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Kevin and welcome to the group

I don't have any of these games or frames but others will be along later and thru the week. Wanted to say HI

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's a white sticker on the back that has all the error codes on it, but the pictures a bit too fuzzy for me to read all of it. It looks like the 'E' code is the second from bottom and the Japanese text beside it says something about 'card unit', so it's still likely to be related to the dongle. If the dongle swap made no difference, the next step is checking that power is getting to the dongle. There should be a 1A fuse somewhere near the dongle that may have blown or come loose from it's clips. (I'm not sure exactly where the fuses are on this machine).

Your unidentified machine is 'Pretty Band' by Heiwa from 2004, one of my favourite machines from that era!

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, Google Translate says the error code is "Card unit not connected"

I've found 3 fuses so far but none are particularly close to the dongle. When I try to remove the fuses to inspect them they all only turn about 1/8 of a rotation. Pulling on them after turning on them doesn't release them. Do fuses on pachinkos normally turn more than 1/8 of a rotation or are they just stubborn to pull out?

Thank you

Here are closeups of the codes and dongle area.

20210808_175807.jpg

20210808_180720.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fuse holders can either unscrew, or open with a bayonet 1/4 turn rotation. Sometimes you need to push in to complete the rotation before the fuse holder will pull out. You are likely to find fuses in the range of around 8A to 15A for the main game fuses, and a T1A fuse (usually a 5x20mm size) for the card reader interface.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the help. I think it might just be a fuse, I found one that looks like it might be bad and when I turn on the machine with it removed it acts completely the same. Once I get the replacement I'll let you know if it worked.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KWord

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you swapped dongles. Did you try the original from this machine in another machine as well as just trying a different one in this machine.

Oh and the other machine is CR Pretty Band bt Heiwa.

https://youtu.be/hR4gAQvnMmk
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 08-10-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the new fuse doesn't work then I'll try the dongle in a working machine.

Thanks for the warm welcome to those that identified my unknown machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NewFfse didn't work and now things have gone from bad to worse. I tried the dongle from the Burst Angel in my other 2 pachinkos and now both of them have the same issue even with their original dongles in place. I wasn't going to try the Burst Angel dongle in the Pretty Band but at some point in all the swapping I must have grabbed the wrong one. Can a bad dongle damage the card reader assembly? Or is there some sort of reset procedure I need to do after swapping.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success! At least some success. Burst Angel launcher is working but other 2 are not. I think I have a bad dongle that is causing the fuse to blow immediately. When I put a new fuse in and a known good dongle the Burst Angel started working. So I guess I'll buy 2 new dongles for the other machines since I lost track of which one is good and they look identical. Unable to find the location of the fuse for the card reader on the other machines so far though but I have high hopes that I'll find them once I get the new dongles.

Edit: Forgot to ask, where's a good place to get dongles and are they universal or do I need to get something specific?

Thanks
    Last edited by KWord; 08-11-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KWord View Post
    Edit: Forgot to ask, where's a good place to get dongles and are they universal or do I need to get something specific? Thanks
    I would recommend a DaveRob dongle so that you can use the ball loan buttons on your machine to replenish your front tray when it is empty. Add a ball lifter to your setup and you are really in business, playing just like in a parlor without having to shuffle balls around.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A bad dongle will usually just blow the 1A fuse. Sometimes the components on the dongle get pushed around and their wires touch other pins on the D-25 connector. If the metal of the component leads touch any other pins than the ones they are soldered to, then this can cause a short circuit and the fuse will blow.

Looking at the picture of the dongle you posted earlier in this thread, the resistor leads do look like they are shorting out on several pins (sorry, I didn't look at that picture closely when you posted it, if I had I would probably have spotted it earlier and you might have not blown more fuses). If you pull the resistor body away from the connector and straighten up the leads a bit so that they are not shorting on the other pins, it will probably work fine again.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KWord View Post
    Success! At least some success. Burst Angel launcher is working but other 2 are not. I think I have a bad dongle that is causing the fuse to blow immediately. When I put a new fuse in and a known good dongle the Burst Angel started working. So I guess I'll buy 2 new dongles for the other machines since I lost track of which one is good and they look identical. Unable to find the location of the fuse for the card reader on the other machines so far though but I have high hopes that I'll find them once I get the new dongles.

Edit: Forgot to ask, where's a good place to get dongles and are they universal or do I need to get something specific?

Thanks
    I'd give you a couple dongles for a few bucks plus USPS shipping costs. These would be tested ones from my current machines.
    Pete

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    I would recommend a DaveRob dongle so that you can use the ball loan buttons on your machine to replenish your front tray when it is empty. Add a ball lifter to your setup and you are really in business, playing just like in a parlor without having to shuffle balls around.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone for the great support with this issue, I'll take a close look at that dongle and see if it's shorting and if I can bend it back in to place.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to KWord

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great success! Yes, one of the resistors on the dongle was bent so it was shorting. After bending it back the dongle is working again. Thanks to the excellent Victory manual I found that fuse easily. The Pretty Band fuse was harder to find but I finally found it and all three machines are launching again.

Thanks to all for the great support and warm welcome.

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KWord

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast