Thread: What frames have pocket tamper sensorszzzzzzz Luminas don't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What frames have pocket tamper sensorszzzzzzz Luminas don't.

I wanted to see if the Lumina can sense an improbable repeated triggering of an outlying guarded pocket, just checked.

Turns out on a Lumina, you can trigger the sensor as many times as you want, as fast as you want. No alarm will sound.

Simple inexpensive analog solutions to dispensing balls will work just fine on these. Anyone have a newer machine that they can check for a tamper alarm by opening up and quickly dropping balls into a payout pocket? Be nice to know if that feature even exists. Thanks!
    Last edited by rockston; 07-31-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What frames have pocket tamper sensorszzzzzzz Luminas don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    I wanted to see if the Lumina can sense an improbable repeated triggering of an outlying guarded pocket, just checked.

Turns out on a Lumina, you can trigger the sensor as many times as you want, as fast as you want. No alarm will sound.

Simple inexpensive analog solutions to dispensing balls will work just fine on these. Anyone have a newer machine that they can check for a tamper alarm by opening up and quickly dropping balls into a payout pocket? Be nice to know if that feature even exists. Thanks!
    Oops just realized that's not a good test! Never mind!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Older hanemono will detect if the V trigger sensor has been tripped before a 1 or 2 pocket has been hit. Also newer model Kyoraku's from about the last 10 years have a cel exit sensor. To make sure the pocket sensor isn't being messed with. It will work for a while (50 impulses) then go into error.
    Not sure about anything else.

My hewia lupinasu frames don't seem to have any trouble with quick or repetitive sensor inputs. I doubt any do due to the random path of balls.

Oh and most machines have a door alarm that will sound if you open the front up
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-31-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As Drunkenclam says, they don't tend to alarm immediately, it can take many triggers before anything happens, and some machines just set an error code.

If you are playing the machine while you manually trigger the sensor, there will be balls exiting the cell from normal play, so the machine won't see a discrepancy, and it may take a lot longer to reach the threshold for the alarm to sound.

I'm also not sure if earning 'prize balls' from triggering playfield payout pockets will affect any odds of hitting a fever on more recent machines. I know on the Lumina era machines that the odds had to be set with a hardware pseudo random number generator, so the odds of hitting a fever would be unaffected. But the regulations changed to allow the odds to be calculated in software, and machines built after this change could lower the odds of winning balls in a fever if it thinks more 'prize balls' are being paid out from playfield pockets.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob