Thread: Kyoraku Jurassic Park start-up Problems

Tokie Owens TeddyGrahamMemories's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Kyoraku Jurassic Park start-up Problems

Hello- first timer here. I recently purchased a kyoraku jurassic park machine, I think it's from 2002. Anyway, when I turn on the power the LCD just flashes white, and the "chance" button keeps flashing. I can run balls through it-- the motor works and everything, but none of the stuff on the screen seems to be working and I get no sound. What area should I be looking at to try and fix this? I'm brand new to this kind of stuff so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku Jurassic Park start-up Problems

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyGrahamMemories View Post
    Hello- first timer here. I recently purchased a kyoraku jurassic park machine, I think it's from 2002. Anyway, when I turn on the power the LCD just flashes white, and the "chance" button keeps flashing. I can run balls through it-- the motor works and everything, but none of the stuff on the screen seems to be working and I get no sound. What area should I be looking at to try and fix this? I'm brand new to this kind of stuff so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Uh oh, I take it you bought the broke one off eBay? The former owner exhausted troubleshooting efforts with no luck. I’d either start looking for an electronic repair expert; or buy a different cell (that’s currently working condition off yahoo auctions).

Components on these 15+ year old moderns are getting old; go bad, and can be a real pain to deal with and fix; as parts and manufacturer support are non-existent. Lots of times new pachinko owners think they can easily fix a broke modern like it’s a pinball or something with schematics and support; but not the case with pachinko. You must get creative. Hopefully you didn’t pay much as it’s not going to be worth much at all if no screen working or sound.

Sometimes it’s best to just move on past a bad investment and redouble your efforts to find a good WORKING pachinko to start with; newer the machine you can afford the better!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got what I think is a good deal on it- and as a big Jurassic Park fan I figured it would be worth trying to get it fixed. Which part is most likely the one that needs replacing do we think?

Thanks for the input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should note; the former owner is a complete P.O.S. Scumbag who disrespects foreign vendors trying to diagnose that broke beyond reasonable repair Jurassic Park; maybe not too late to demand refund via PayPal? Because you probably just got scammed basically.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got what I think is a good deal on it- and as a big Jurassic Park fan I figured it would be worth trying to get it fixed. Which part is most likely the one that needs replacing do we think?

Thanks for the input!
    That’s where the electronic expert you’ll want to hire will com into place; to find out what componet(s) have gone bad on it via multimeter testing and whatnot.

Personally, I would have avoided it in the first place since it’s a terrible first pachinko experience to deal with trying to patch up someone else’s broke mess. But since you went ahead and bought it anyway; you’re in the unenviable position of having to either choose to throw a lot of money at it with no guarantee of a fix; hope and pray another Jurassic Park cell (many different games fit the frame you have) comes up for sale on yahoo auctions (very expensive) and also hope that your issue is cell specific, not frame specific. Or third option which I’d also consider; cut your losses and move on to greener pastures.

If you want a pachinko a beginner can easily fix; should be looking at 70’s vintages; not moderns.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

As previously mentioned. From what I heard as have not seen the comments. The previous owner was rather disrespectful to those who tried to help him out. With that in mind. If he actually tried the things that were asked of him to do I do not know.
    I have a machine in a similar frame "Yellow Cab" but it has never done what you say yours is doing. It is also now sitting in a lovely cosy bubble wrapped box to keep it safe.

Here are some little things you can try. Although I can not say it will work.

Some Sankyo machines of around this era are known to have cold start up issues. Where its best to switch them on. Leave them for an hour. then switch them off and back on again.
    Worst time I had this was for a machine they wanted for a PV. in a freezing warehouse in London. where it took about 3 hours before the machine wanted to fire up.

Secondly with a volt meter. Check the incoming voltage into the machine. check its running at 22-26 VAC. Although we were told the transformer was replaced by previous owner. we just have his word for it and that a correct one was installed.

For instances. This week I was sent to change a magnetic lock of an external gate for a customer, who said they had checked and double checked the lock and it was faulty. Can we supply and install a new one. So I attend site and replace the old rusty one, Only to find it still didn't work as there was no power there. It appears in an effort to save money. The customer wired a switch through the lock power to unlock the gate from the gate house rather than the more correct way of wiring a request to the access control system. Their cheap fix wire had corroded and cut the power. Needless to say we still billed them as your job was to replace the lock, not fault find. The point of this is. even though someone says they did something. It never hurts to double check rather than take things at face value.

Ok. so if all that checks out and still no joy.

Then its the old favourite of checking all the wiring for damage and disconnecting and reseating every wire,
    Following that. its a case of getting a professional to look at it. or replacing the cel.
    In the past I have had luck getting converted desktop cels from Japan. and stripping them for the boards and parts. especially the ones that have had the playing field removed. It is a waiting game to see if one comes up (I had to wait 5 years to get my Densah de Go!2 repaired. )

Sorry. But thats all I can offer at the moment.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 08-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good luck.. I hope you get it working with little to no effort.. if you do please let us (me) know.. i would personally let the seller know

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wanted to thank you for your detailed response. This project is at the bottom of my list right now, so I haven't gotten to it yet-- but I will try everything you mentioned. I'll respond with whatever my findings are! Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just check the voltage on the transformer- it measured 26.5. Is that high enough to cause a problem?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

YouTube "How to troubleshoot electronics down to the component level without schematics"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAWb1F_EpE
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

13. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    YouTube "How to troubleshoot electronics down to the component level without schematics"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAWb1F_EpE

Thank you I'll take a look at that.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to TeddyGrahamMemories

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just check the voltage on the transformer- it measured 26.5. Is that high enough to cause a problem?
    Most pachinkos are specified to run at 24Vac +/-10%, So the upper limit should be 26.4V. While your measurement is technically higher than the spec, I wouldn't think it was high enough to cause any immediate problems.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Probably has capacitors that went bad with age like some of my Lumina cells I sold off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kyoraku Jurassic Park start-up Problems

A Jurrasic Park cell came up for sale. That might resolve your issue; if the frame is working properly. It’s a shame the original scammer/seller d-bag got away with this, caveat emptor! You may be better off cutting losses and buying something newer/better.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/l1008109368
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 11-09-2021 at 11:38 AM.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs