Thread: First Machine - Fix or start over

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Machine - Fix or start over

Hello! I recently picked up my first machine on a bit of an impulse purchase. I knew nothing about Pachinko before getting this. I have enjoyed playing with the machine and figuring out how it works but realized that there is an important piece missing. The machine is a 1960s Daiwa single shot. Everything generally works but the mechanism to hold the jackpot balls in place is missing. I finally found what it should look like from a video that @Baseballguy247 posted. The piece I am missing is this white piece and cover (whatever might be under it if anything?) in this picture

daiwa.jpg

So the question is, is that something I might be able to find somewhere or should I give up on this machine and try to find something else? Is this common from something other than the Daiwa machines?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
    Tim

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Timl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Machine - Fix or start over

Quote Originally Posted by Timl View Post
    Hello! I recently picked up my first machine on a bit of an impulse purchase. I knew nothing about Pachinko before getting this. I have enjoyed playing with the machine and figuring out how it works but realized that there is an important piece missing. The machine is a 1960s Daiwa single shot. Everything generally works but the mechanism to hold the jackpot balls in place is missing. I finally found what it should look like from a video that @Baseballguy247 posted. The piece I am missing is this white piece and cover (whatever might be under it if anything?) in this picture

daiwa.jpg

So the question is, is that something I might be able to find somewhere or should I give up on this machine and try to find something else? Is this common from something other than the Daiwa machines?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
    Tim
    Parts are going to be hard to come by since not a common model; if it was a 70’s Nishijin you could just buy parts off ebay.

Maybe somebody has a parts machine; but probably a long shot. Daiwas are uncommon, and 60’s single shots in general are pretty uncommon too compared to the vast majority of vintages in the US which are from the 70’s and made by Nishijin.

I’d keep looking for a complete machine; they pop up cheap frequently around my area. Auto loading shooter machines are also a big upgrade.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hold on to this one and think about getting a more common machine. rebuild that one, and then you'll have a better idea of how to approach this one.
    but be careful: it's a real addiction! you'll be sneaking more of them into the garage in no time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd keep the first machine. Complete it down the road, if you plan to travel long distance in this hobby. I recommend a Nishijin Model B which are very common, so parts are relatively available on ebay. Be prepared to tinker inside one, as you will eventually have to if you're going to stay interested in Pachinko machines. Many have objects lodged inside preventing balls from traveling through, or balls jams at the win exit chute. Good luck on your adventures!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post a pic of your machine.. is the pic above yours or jsut like yours??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have taken vintages apart but then life comes (sucks being disabled veterian, but with all parts attached) I did baggy the parts but not of your model .

I will get back to them one day .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS