Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Castlevanie pachinko machine not firing balls

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Castlevanie pachinko machine not firing balls

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    have you tried grounding the handle.. some time a machine will need to be grounded for the shooter handle to activate.. as i remember you can twist the knob with your left hand and touch the metal part of the shooter motor with your right hand creating a ground.. one time when i was playing a modern machine.. (a decade or so back..) i used a piece of wire to hold the shooter on and wrapped it to the motor for a ground wire..
    Yep, I think I've ruled that out. At least, I've tried holding on to various pieces of nearby metal with one hand while I twist the shooter knob with the other. No luck with that.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Chef_McM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First thought, have you been in touch with the seller and can they offer any assistance?

Second thought is about the ball delivery system. This may not be lifting or loading balls into place were the hammer is on the opposing side of the machine. This portion inside the door may not function with the door open requiring a door switch to be in its closed position. This may or may not apply to you machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef_McM View Post
    I once had a reoccurring problem on a OK!! branded frame in which a slightly undersized ball got past the hammer and locked up everything shooter wise. Just a few more thoughts for items to look over.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a firmware bug in the very early versions of the rev3 card reader emulator dongles which might affect shooter operation on some machines. I don't think this will be your problem, but it's worth ruling it out, as from your username and location I'm guessing that one of your dongles is serial number 1146 (which is the very first production Rev3 unit).

The bug causes the shooter enable voltage generated by the dongle to vary with the credit display brightness, on most machines this isn't a problem, but some Sanyo and Daiichi machines need a more stable voltage and it can cause problems. A solution is to turn up the credit display brightness in the dongles setup mode.

To enter setup mode, hold down both of the card reader buttons on the shooter tray of the pachinko, and power the machine on. You should see the a message scrolling across the credit display with the firmware version information (r3-0, r3-1 have this bug, it's fixed in the r3-11 version). Press the ball loan button to step through the setting until the first digit shows a 'b' (should be the 8th press), press the 'return'/add credit button until this setting changes to 'b-9', you should see the display brightness change as you cycle through the values of this setting. Once set to 'b-9' power the machine off and back on again, and re-check the shooter operation.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    First thought, have you been in touch with the seller and can they offer any assistance?

Second thought is about the ball delivery system. This may not be lifting or loading balls into place were the hammer is on the opposing side of the machine. This portion inside the door may not function with the door open requiring a door switch to be in its closed position. This may or may not apply to you machine.

I once had a reoccurring problem on a OK!! branded frame in which a slightly undersized ball got past the hammer and locked up everything shooter wise. Just a few more thoughts for items to look over.
    I haven't been in contact with the seller, but it may be a bit tricky to do so. I bought the machine from a Yahoo Auction Japan seller through a proxy service. I don't have a YAJ account myself, and I seem to recall it required a Japanese address to setup last time I tried. I figured even if I could get in touch, there may likely be a language barrier, so it might be difficult to troubleshoot the issue together. I think the seller name was tharts_factory. They had solid feedback on YAJ, so I was figuring the info they provided on the machine's condition was accurate.

I'll investigate the ball loader mechanism - thanks for the tip on that. I verified that there is no obstruction in the path from the front tray to the loader and from the loader to the shooter. I'm able to manually move the mechanism with the door open and it feeds out balls one at a time as expected. The ball loader doesn't do anything when I twist the shooter knob with the door closed though, so I don't know for sure that it is working. I'll try to dig around a look for any errant balls in the vicinity of the shooter too. Thanks!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Chef_McM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    There is a firmware bug in the very early versions of the rev3 card reader emulator dongles which might affect shooter operation on some machines. I don't think this will be your problem, but it's worth ruling it out, as from your username and location I'm guessing that one of your dongles is serial number 1146 (which is the very first production Rev3 unit).
    Excellent, I appreciate the tip on this. You are correct regarding the serial number on the dongles I have. I ordered a couple a little later on too that have serial number around 1220. I have the machine a bit disassembled at the moment to look for problems on the boards, but as soon as I get it back together, I will check this first. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I finished taking out all the boards on the Castlevania machine, checked them all thoroughly for issues, and I couldn't find anything at all that looked wrong. I got everything put back together today, powered it on, and wouldn't you know it - the balls are firing now! Never did nail down the cause, but I guess a loose connection or plug somewhere was maybe the probable culprit? At any rate, I'm not too worried about it; I'm just excited to play.

Many thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions and information in this thread! I will verify that it's going to continue to work for a bit and then close out the ticket.

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chef_McM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2