Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macross pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Macross pachinko

Thwarted from acquiring an arrangeball machine (for now) I bought a Macross machine from Plasma Infusion and received it today.

I can see the appeal of modern units; it's pachinko meets pachislo meets a video game meets a tv show

That said this is pure play machine - I'm doubtful there's any room for personalization and modification like how I tend to do for vintage pachinko.

After perusing the Modern Pachinko sub there are a lot of new terms I'm unable to figure out, like cels, v-triggers, etc. Is there a link that explains what's what?

IMG_9649.jpg IMG_9650.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jasonlujan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Macross pachinko

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlujan View Post
    Thwarted from acquiring an arrangeball machine (for now) I bought a Macross machine from Plasma Infusion and received it today.

I can see the appeal of modern units; it's pachinko meets pachislo meets a video game meets a tv show

That said this is pure play machine - I'm doubtful there's any room for personalization and modification like how I tend to do for vintage pachinko.

After perusing the Modern Pachinko sub there are a lot of new terms I'm unable to figure out, like cels, v-triggers, etc. Is there a link that explains what's what?

IMG_9649.jpg IMG_9650.jpg
    Cool machine! V-trigger is just the name of your particular generation Sankyo frame. Cells are just the playfield and circuit board assembly for each game which is removable. Pachinkos are kinda like cars in that every few years there’s a completely new frame(model) that can accommodate multiple cells typically.

Other generation cells are incompatible (with some exceptions for some 90’s frames). For instance I’ve got 5 different cells for my Sankyo Fortune frame that can be swapped out in a couple minutes, Lady Gaga, Macross Frontier 2, Golgo drum, Symphogear, and Bunny & Bunny. This saves a lot of space if you want to play more than one game and use only one frame. Not to mention shipping cost savings!

Just do some searching in the modern section is this best way to learn more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh yeah, as for modifying; you want/need a Daverob dongle and a custom cabinet with additional ball hopper for an extra 1000+ balls ideally; or better yet a ball lifter! Modern machines go through quite a few balls during a fever!

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

battlecounter options looks kind of cool.

not sure what i'm supposed to be doing half the time: when the animation pachislo plays do i keep playing balls or stop and watch the show?

last question: there are two small buttons at the ball tray close to the launcher, what do these do?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when a video plays there are two small blue dots on the screen - not sure what they do. sometimes one is flashing or blacked out. any ideas?
    it looks like the line of lights below the screen are "chapter" indicators..

Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there are two small buttons at the ball tray close to the launcher, what do these do?
    buttons for the ball loan

search "daverob Dongle"

for some reason i can not get to his sight direct

Ps having a dongle is a MUST HAVE for modern machines
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

11. The following user says "Thanks" to jasonlujan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the dots on the screen are spins, you can have up to 4, and when arms open below start pocket, 4 more (different color) the music and screen go crazy when 2 of the pictures/numbers match (the first 2 that stop) its called a reach, sometimes video come on, of fight scene from movie/show/comic, ect of whatever machine you are playing, and sometimes machine has special things it does (yours transforms into a jet), when all 3 number match, its called a fever, and you when 15 rounds of bonus and appox 2000 balls, have fun, you picked a hard to find machine
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i get this from Dave's site

Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice, Plasma Infusion has had a few of those machines for sale, for a long time. While it is one of my holy grail machines, I could never justify the price they were asking for it.
    Good score, I did pickup a Macross Frontier V-trigger machine a few years back, always on the lookout for an SDF Macross machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i've played it the past few days for some time, and gotten to some good screens and stuff - but when does it pay out? every time i pour 500+ balls into the ball tray and play through and i never get new balls added for play, the back hopper never moves.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i've played it the past few days for some time, and gotten to some good screens and stuff - but when does it pay out? every time i pour 500+ balls into the ball tray and play through and i never get new balls added for play, the back hopper never moves.
    Sounds like you’ve got payout issues. There’s a ball flow blocker hinge usually on the ramp below the top hopper; make sure it’s in the up position.

If that’s not it; try draining the balls via the ball dump. If they aren’t flowing you have a blockage. Last step is start troubleshooting the payout motor/mechanism. It’s removable. Surely the vendor tested it for payouts I would assume? Probably something simple like the ball flow blocker!

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh yeah; if you’ve been playing for days and have received no payout... once you fix it get ready to feed it balls for a while because it’s got lots of payouts to catch up on!

It should payout a small amount every time you score a “spin”.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Sounds like you’ve got payout issues. There’s a ball flow blocker hinge usually on the ramp below the top hopper; make sure it’s in the up position.

If that’s not it; try draining the balls via the ball dump. If they aren’t flowing you have a blockage. Last step is start troubleshooting the payout motor/mechanism. It’s removable. Surely the vendor tested it for payouts I would assume? Probably something simple like the ball flow blocker!
    okay I'll take a look! oh man!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well okay here is the latest:

there is no jam. see attached.

the arrow on the left is the ball dump lever; when i push it up balls flow out to the bottom exit, when i push it back down the balls stop.
    i thought the issue might be with the connector nozzle (right arrow) but it all lines up since the balls flow.

still no payout - how do i access the payout mechanism from the back of the machine.Attachment-1.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on the payout motor, there a knob above sticker (in picture of last post), spin it slowly and see what happens, this moves the gears in payout motor
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

23. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also, there a payout sticker on front of machine, that's says something like 3x5x10x15, in first post it very close to 5 small circle teal light on top of play field, so the 3 is the start pocket, and that's the reward paid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Macross pachinko

The payout motor and gear usually have a couple screws holding it in. I don’t have this frame unfortunately.

I’d contact the vendor and ask if they tested payouts or have the same frame around they can show you exactly how to do it.

I’d be pretty annoyed if a vendor sent me a non-paying out machine! Clover and JT Comatz do test them! I’m sure they have some sort of warranty though.

Could be an oversize ball or packing peanut or whatever blocking the gear from turning to dispense balls. Look for unplugged connectors too.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 05-27-2021 at 05:17 PM.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i can turn the small knob easily with a screwdriver and balls drop out one at a time as it goes (the machine is turned off).

i did find one counter at the front of the machine that might mean something, maybe a payout indicator? it lights up occasionally but i havent been paying much attention to it. mostly i've been watching the payout pocket when i get balls into win pockets.

IMG_9697.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    on the payout motor, there a knob above sticker (in picture of last post), spin it slowly and see what happens, this moves the gears in payout motor
    Yep, you can manually dispense balls that way; if it won’t move it’s jammed and the mechanism needs removed from the frame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast