I recently acquired a 1999 Macy CC Angel. The payouts are terrible, to the point of not being fun to play. I get a free spin most often (guessing, 1 in 10), 2 tokens, less frequently (1 in 25ish), and occasionally (1in 50ish?) a 10 token payout. But that's it. No big wins, no bonus rounds, no excitement, just a black hole for tokens. I've probably played 500 tokens since I got it, and every single session is a steady loss of tokens until I'm out.

My understanding is that real slot machines are designed to pay out about 95-97% of what they take in. A playing session consists of numerous small losses, interspersed with big wins. That way you FEEL like you're winning big (and having fun), even when the reality is a 3-5% loss (on average). Shouldn't this machine, even though it is purely for entertainment, function a similar way to make it fun and encourage use?

The instructions I have indicate the payout settings range from 1 (hard - 60%) to 6 (Easy - 125%). Following those instructions, my payout appears to be 6 (110-125%). If I'm reading this correctly, I should be winning 10-25% MORE than I'm putting in. But that is *definitely* not what's happening.

Am I doing something wrong?