Hello everyone.

I've been working on a Pioneer Million City for a LONG time and I am at a loss here. I bought it with no stop sensors, but otherwise complete. I purchased 3 stop sensors from a different model Pioneer and installed them.

The reels will stop, but not when you just push the button. if you just keep quickly pushing all 3 buttons over and over all at once, sometimes one will "catch" the signal and stop. I tested all the way up to the stop board input and it "sees" the button signals. I tested the output lines of the stop board going back to the reels and all of those are firing as well.

My only thought is that if these are not the right stop button sensors (there were a few models), then maybe even though I see the signals, they are not quick enough, high enough, or something else enough to actually stop the reels reliably.

Does anyone have ANY other ideas on this? Everything else works perfectly except for the reels not stopping reliably.

If anyone has knowledge of photoinerrupter circuits, I can tell you the difference between the two models of stop button sensors. It is resistor value differences.

Matthew