Thread: Costco "This is what we got at this store ,take it or leave it "

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Costco "This is what we got at this store ,take it or leave it "

Howdy Folks

I wish I could say as a member of Costco since 2007 that a Member Based Store would care about the Member but time and time again Costco disappoints.

Yesterday My 2017 Volt tires were getting thin on the threads so I went to my local Costco expecting for them to have the tires for my vehicles from the Five mfg. That they carry .

Not the case. I got my stimulus check and needed new tires for the wet trip to the V.A . Hospital in the Northern California Bay area.

My local Costco did not have them But another Costco just 25 miles away had 12 tires that would fit my Volt . That store had all the work bays booked till closed.

Now you would think that a Member Based Store would care about their members and have Four tires sent to my local Costco which had Open Bay's (more than one) either that day or Any Day but Costco says No ,no store stock shared or transferred for Any Reason.

The Costco Rep did not tried to help me locate new tires from some other tire store but no. I had to go to Five Tire stores locally and four did not have the tires that would fit my Volt but they did reached out to other tire stores to help me no luck.

I finally went to store number Five and they had the tires and gave me a really good deal on them and mounted, balanced, and even did a front alignment check and did this in One Hour (I even got a hot cup of coco on them

Costco is good for toilet paper and 3 lbs fire roasted chicken for $5 and a Huge Cheesecake for under $15 and such But you only get what they have at that Costco unless you order online which I will Never do with them .

At this day and age of two day delivery at your door and people who actually want your business Costco says "Take it or Leave it"

No wonder so many forms of Media has made Fun out of Costco the one that makes it clear is "Rick and Morty"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hM4n0EqV564
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 03-19-2021 at 02:38 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Costco "This is what we got at this store ,take it or leave it "

I'm sorry you're frustrated but why are you putting this here? lol

Costco is an interesting business model since almost all their profits are membership fees. Online shopping with them is super different, at least here, because the price shown is the price that INCLUDES shipping.
    I'm fine with their business model. We use them a lot but for very specific things. For the stuff we buy there, it's like 30-40% cheaper than anywhere else, so well worth it for us to endure the occasional structural headache.
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

In this day and age when you Pay to be a Member you should get the same kind of service like the Independent Tire Store that I had to go to .

I volunteered for 23 years in the U.S. Army and I gave my best and Never let people or country down in my job and would do it again .

Why should I post this here ? Amazon treats people better than Costco and they are much larger than Costco.

There are people who like to be treated indifferent and love the "Take it or leave it " business model. I only ask to be treated like others like me would want to be treated with respect and service .

I do not shop at a bunch of businesses and some have gone or have been absorbed by more service orientated businesses.

This is the last post that I will make on this Thread.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never want to be treated the way Amazon treats people. What a horror show.
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.