Thread: Questions about a Heiwa Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Questions about a Heiwa Pachinko Machine

I just picked up this bad boy, which I think is a Tsunatori Revival (or something like that). I know next to nothing about these things. Thankfully, I found the volume control pot.

Je9VGmU.jpg

So, does anyone know where I can find the manual for this guy? I found the site on Heiwa using wayback machine, but it's less than helpful. Also, it's a CR-J. It doesn't have a dongle on the CR card (I think that's what that thing is.) Does any know if it needs one? It will fire balls, but I don't get payouts ever, and it usually says E1 (sometimes E2) on the back. Does anyone know to make one of those dongles?

50KrNzz.jpg

Also, the board is a PFC-1, so not worried about that dreaded BF1 I saw mentioned on here.

Thanks for any help.

(Also, is the top part supposed to light up? It has wires running into it, but it does nothing and I have no idea how to get into it to check the bulbs. Probably gonna need to grab the multimeter and check)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Questions about a Heiwa Pachinko Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_Koholic View Post
    I just picked up this bad boy, which I think is a Tsunatori Revival (or something like that). I know next to nothing about these things. Thankfully, I found the volume control pot.

Je9VGmU.jpg

So, does anyone know where I can find the manual for this guy? I found the site on Heiwa using wayback machine, but it's less than helpful. Also, it's a CR-J. It doesn't have a dongle on the CR card (I think that's what that thing is.) Does any know if it needs one? It will fire balls, but I don't get payouts ever, and it usually says E1 (sometimes E2) on the back. Does anyone know to make one of those dongles?
    how many balls do you have?? is the top back hopper full?? when a ball enters a winning pocket/tulip where does that winning ball go?? does it exit the machine?
    member Daverob make super cool dongles with balls loan features.. a must have for modern machines.

Also, the board is a PFC-1, so not worried about that dreaded BF1 I saw mentioned on here.

Thanks for any help.
    thank goodness no bf1 board..

(Also, is the top part supposed to light up? It has wires running into it, but it does nothing and I have no idea how to get into it to check the bulbs. Probably gonna need to grab the multimeter and check)
    it will light up during a feaver / bonus round

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    how many balls do you have?? is the top back hopper full?? when a ball enters a winning pocket/tulip where does that winning ball go?? does it exit the machine?
    member Daverob make super cool dongles with balls loan features.. a must have for modern machines.

thank goodness no bf1 board..

it will light up during a feaver / bonus round

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Hi, thanks.

Define "full". It looks like if I reset it, then fill up the hopper good and proper, it will hold balls and dispense when it goes into a tulip (is that the term for all of the little pockets, or just the non-center ones?). I haven't been keeping it super full. Maybe I don't need the CR dongle after all. I came across his dongle for sale and page. If someone has a detailed break down of that DB-25, I might try and put something together. It doesn't have any of the counters or anything, so maybe not. So long as I can put this in my basement and win, I'm happy.

So, I may need more balls. I don't have a ton. I'd say it's enough to wear if I spilled them, I'd be annoyed at cleaning them up, but I wouldn't just give up and find a new hobby. ~200 maybe. Probably need to order more of those.

Also, on the ball launcher/actuator, there was a little rubber ball nipple, which disintegrated when I touched it. I could use the pieces to make a new one (either print one or use something like or Oyumaru (since it's soft)). Is there a place where a person can buy those things?

I am going to assume that no one has a manual for this machine, so I'm stuck guessing at a lot of things, right?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, thanks.

Define "full". It looks like if I reset it, then fill up the hopper good and proper, it will hold balls and dispense when it goes into a tulip (is that the term for all of the little pockets, or just the non-center ones?). I haven't been keeping it super full. Maybe I don't need the CR dongle after all. I came across his dongle for sale and page. If someone has a detailed break down of that DB-25, I might try and put something together. It doesn't have any of the counters or anything, so maybe not. So long as I can put this in my basement and win, I'm happy.
    sounds like you have a working machine.. balls in the back top hopper a dispensed to the front hopper when you hit a tulip / win pocket..

So, I may need more balls. I don't have a ton. I'd say it's enough to wear if I spilled them, I'd be annoyed at cleaning them up, but I wouldn't just give up and find a new hobby. ~200 maybe. Probably need to order more of those.
    yes more balls would help.. i would recommend at least 1000 more..

Also, on the ball launcher/actuator, there was a little rubber ball nipple, which disintegrated when I touched it. I could use the pieces to make a new one (either print one or use something like or Oyumaru (since it's soft)). Is there a place where a person can buy those things?
    we have a few members hear that have printers or access to printers. Im sure someone has prineted that shooter piece allready.. your not the first person to state it disintegrated when you touched it..

I am going to assume that no one has a manual for this machine, so I'm stuck guessing at a lot of things, right?
    Im told we have manuals hear on the web site.. kinda embaressed to say im not sure where.. after all these years i have never looked at one..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I tried checking on here for manuals, but Heiwa seems to be lacking. I was hoping somebody on here might have a scan squirreled away.

Can anyone recommend a decent site to get balls from? Ebay? Since this is purely a vanity project, I'm tempted to get some blinged out gold ones to mix in.

Also, the ones I have are nice and engraved, but seems like more of those are harder to come across, yea? Vinegar solution my best bet for cleaning them?
    Last edited by Allen_Koholic; 03-11-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pitted, Rusted Pachinko Machine Balls can and will cause wearing on The ball path and those pits will gather dirt and stuff .

That said . Splurge for some Very nice Smooth Non engraved (which are very hard to find these days given they do not make them anymore)

Gold

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Authent...edirect=mobile

The Engraved pachinko machine balls might still be made But in Limited numbers.
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 03-11-2021 at 07:52 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep in mind the colored balls may wear the color off... im not sure about the gold ones but a few years back someone was selling blue colored balls but the blue would rub and peel quickly..

make sure they are 11 mm in size.. people try and sell 7/16 balls from time to time.. size and weight matter..

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Gold ones are made in Japan like the Chrome .

I got some Japanese Gold plated pachinko balls about 10 years ago and they are holding up like the Standard Chrome.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57