Thread: Macy Thunder Type A

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Macy Thunder Type A

Is anyone familiar with the Macy Thunder type A pachislo? It doesn't seem to have much in the way of music and lights so far. Just the occasional ding ding. Is this a setting, or do I need to win a jackpot?
    I increased the payout to level six and still nothing.
    20210103_161946.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Macy Thunder Type A

Hi, I don't have experience with that particular machine. However I do have a Thunder V Special. Yours looks to be an older machine. It may just have less going on in standard play.

Is this your first and/or only machine? Have you got anything to compare it to?

I have 3 machines, the Thunder V (why I opened this post, to see what yours was), Rio De Carnival Joker Versions and Devil May Cry 4. DMC4 is much newer than the other 2, has waaaay more going on and has interactive parts, like the sword throttle and the touchscreen and moving parts. It's always making noise, loads going on, good music, loads of lights, amazing screen etc. Played for hours and hours and STILL new things happening.

The Rio does much less in normal play, a small screen, but a very good one, with a cool pool side setting with characters walking across every now and againchallenging you to blackjack. No music other than sometimes the odd 6 note jingle when you spin. But when it goes in to games of blackjack or jackpot mode, like all of them, it goes nuts, music, lights etc. And it's beautiful and I guess kind of traditional? And if you hit it with a hammer I think the hammer would break.

And the thunder kind of sits in the middle of the 2, much bigger screen, big crazy jackpot scenes, lights all up the sides. But during normal play, there's a few things going on, but it's not as bonkers as DMC4 by a long shot.

So what I'm saying is, they're all different, so its likely, although no expert on your machine, may just be one where there's less going on in normal play, but until you get a jackpot you won't see what it does. Doesn't mean its bad, less fun, or not as cool, they're all different and it depends what you like and want.

Like for me, if I had to pick one, it'd be DMC4, but I'm a pretty big gamer, so like the theme (the most important thing for me), and I like the interactive aspects. But there's something about the Rio, and it's notably better build (NET). But if someone who hadn't seen one before came over and wanted to play, I'd probably suggest the thunder, as DMC4 sometimes has so much going on that it can be a bit arghhhhh. Plus the display and reels on the thunder are all in one place.

Pachinkos are the same, I have a star wars 3D that has low odds, so jackpots loads, but it is insane, soooo much going on, so many lights and moving parts, countless different scenes etc, it'll give you a headache pretty quickly if you're not careful, doesn't help that I've chosen to not put volume suppressors on, the lowest volume can still be heard from space. Whereas Indiana Jones is just, well, pretty, and calmer, and does have volume control. And the original star wars has a moving R2-D2, which is all the reason you need.

If after hitting a jackpot or 2 it doesn't really do it for you and you want something with more going on, perhaps look for something newer with a decent sized screen and a theme you like?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Macy Thunder Type A

Quote Originally Posted by Weaselcheese85 View Post
    Hi, I don't have experience with that particular machine. However I do have a Thunder V Special. Yours looks to be an older machine. It may just have less going on in standard play.

Is this your first and/or only machine? Have you got anything to compare it to?

I have 3 machines, the Thunder V (why I opened this post, to see what yours was), Rio De Carnival Joker Versions and Devil May Cry 4. DMC4 is much newer than the other 2, has waaaay more going on and has interactive parts, like the sword throttle and the touchscreen and moving parts. It's always making noise, loads going on, good music, loads of lights, amazing screen etc. Played for hours and hours and STILL new things happening.

The Rio does much less in normal play, a small screen, but a very good one, with a cool pool side setting with characters walking across every now and againchallenging you to blackjack. No music other than sometimes the odd 6 note jingle when you spin. But when it goes in to games of blackjack or jackpot mode, like all of them, it goes nuts, music, lights etc. And it's beautiful and I guess kind of traditional? And if you hit it with a hammer I think the hammer would break.

And the thunder kind of sits in the middle of the 2, much bigger screen, big crazy jackpot scenes, lights all up the sides. But during normal play, there's a few things going on, but it's not as bonkers as DMC4 by a long shot.

So what I'm saying is, they're all different, so its likely, although no expert on your machine, may just be one where there's less going on in normal play, but until you get a jackpot you won't see what it does. Doesn't mean its bad, less fun, or not as cool, they're all different and it depends what you like and want.

Like for me, if I had to pick one, it'd be DMC4, but I'm a pretty big gamer, so like the theme (the most important thing for me), and I like the interactive aspects. But there's something about the Rio, and it's notably better build (NET). But if someone who hadn't seen one before came over and wanted to play, I'd probably suggest the thunder, as DMC4 sometimes has so much going on that it can be a bit arghhhhh. Plus the display and reels on the thunder are all in one place.

Pachinkos are the same, I have a star wars 3D that has low odds, so jackpots loads, but it is insane, soooo much going on, so many lights and moving parts, countless different scenes etc, it'll give you a headache pretty quickly if you're not careful, doesn't help that I've chosen to not put volume suppressors on, the lowest volume can still be heard from space. Whereas Indiana Jones is just, well, pretty, and calmer, and does have volume control. And the original star wars has a moving R2-D2, which is all the reason you need.

If after hitting a jackpot or 2 it doesn't really do it for you and you want something with more going on, perhaps look for something newer with a decent sized screen and a theme you like?

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead