Thread: Identify Taiyo Elec Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Identify Taiyo Elec Machine

Hello all. This is my first post so thank you in advance for the welcome and I hope you all are having a Merry Christmas.

My wife bought me my first Pachinko machine. I proposed to her in Japan a couple of years ago It was a really nice surprise as I've wanted one for a while.

I was hoping if you all could help me identify the machine she bought me. Really I just want to know what model and age it is. It is in such great condition. I looked through https://www.sammy.co.jp for a while but had some trouble navigating the site with flash. If you can find the details and provide a link to it somewhere online, that would be even more awesome!

Below are some pictures. Let me know if any additional ones might be needed.

https://ibb.co/yV09Q0h
    https://ibb.co/Vw76c4z
    https://ibb.co/tzpjQc0

Last picture is of my Japanese themed room with it in it. Thank you for your time!

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Identify Taiyo Elec Machine

WELCOME!!!

Your machine is CR打て打て雀士 from 2002!! Daverob has the name translated as Strike Strike Mahjong on his site!! The original Taiyo Elec pages are long gone and it looks like only the name is listed on the Sammy site..

Searching google with the Japanese name may get you some more info!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

be careful these things tend to multiply like rabbits
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    WELCOME!!!

Your machine is CR打て打て雀士 from 2002!! Daverob has the name translated as Strike Strike Mahjong on his site!! The original Taiyo Elec pages are long gone and it looks like only the name is listed on the Sammy site..

Searching google with the Japanese name may get you some more info!!

Thank you so much for the quick identification! No wonder i had trouble finding it on my own. Cheers...Now onto buying a second machine

Any approximation of what its worth? I'd never sell it, but she got it for $250

8. The following user says "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ka0s_992 View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick identification! No wonder i had trouble finding it on my own. Cheers...Now onto buying a second machine

Any approximation of what its worth? I'd never sell it, but she got it for $250
    I’ve got this one in the exact same cabinet! I bought mine several months ago for $60 after some haggling! Motivated seller and little local demand for pachinkos worked in my favor! It was just taking up room in his backyard shed.

It’s a fun one, with the weird techno music during the reaches. Not quite as much fun as the Apollo 1 arepachi style machine that shares this frame though! Those are the most valuable in this series of machines, second place goes to the Penguin arepachi; I had to pay up $200 for that one from a collector on here several years ago.

Back in the mid 2000’s these sold for around $200 shipping included! Too bad those days of buying 2-3 year old pachinkos for dirt cheap off eBay are long gone! There’s still plenty of deals to be had on the second hand market for 10+ year old machines though. It’s like the used luxury car market; pachinkos depreciate fast and bottom out after 10 years or so unless they have a theme that appeals to a wide audience like Star Wars or unusual gameplay that collectors like (arepachi for example) with a few exceptions.

Last edited by lotsoballs; 12-26-2020 at 12:47 PM.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    I’ve got this one in the exact same cabinet! I bought mine several months ago for $60 after some haggling! Motivated seller and little local demand for pachinkos worked in my favor! It was just taking up room in his backyard shed.

It’s a fun one, with the weird techno music during the reaches. Not quite as much fun as the Apollo 1 arepachi style machine that shares this frame though! Those are the most valuable in this series of machines, second place goes to the Penguin arepachi; I had to pay up $200 for that one from a collector on here several years ago.

Back in the mid 2000’s these sold for around $200 shipping included! Too bad those days of buying 2-3 year old pachinkos for dirt cheap off eBay are long gone! There’s still plenty of deals to be had on the second hand market for 10+ year old machines though. It’s like the used luxury car market; pachinkos depreciate fast and bottom out after 10 years or so unless they have a theme that appeals to a wide audience like Star Wars or unusual gameplay that collectors like (arepachi for example) with a few exceptions.

Maybe our machines came from the same parlor, ha ha!

I did have a question you might be able to help me with since you have the exact same unit with the same frame....When I load the hopper on the top I noticed that no balls come out at all in the top tray. Maybe it is jammed? I pressed every button but it doesn't seem to release more balls. Is there something i am missing? For now i fished out most of the balls from the hopper for the time being.

I did kind of open up the back a little as it seemed pretty easy to remove some of the plastic without breaking anything, but i wanted to post in here for some feedback before i risked taking anything wildly apart. I don't want to break this nice gift

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very cool!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's very cool you have the exact same model as me with the same frame. Thanks for the extra details. Maybe you can help me with something with this machine

I noticed if i load the hopper at the top the balls do not dispense for me. Is there something I am missing? I noticed it was quite easy to unlock the plastic in the back but I do not want to risk breaking the machine. Maybe you can give me some pointers on where to check to see if its jammed or not releasing correctly? I feel like maybe i am missing something simple. Thanks kindly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My quick reply in quotes didn't seem to work so sorry if some double post shows up later. I'll delete the other post if a duplicate shows up.

Lotsoballs -- I love the machine so far and agree it is very fun and the music is really neat.

I have one problem i can't sort yet. If i fill balls through the hopper at the top then it looks like they get stuck and don't dispense. Is there something simple I might be missing? I saw it was kind of easy to take the plastic off the back but i don't want to risk breaking anything. Any pointers you can give me to check if I have a jam or something is appreciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My quick reply in quotes didn't seem to work so sorry if some double post shows up later. I'll delete the other post if a duplicate shows up.

Lotsoballs -- I love the machine so far and agree it is very fun and the music is really neat.

I have one problem i can't sort yet. If i fill balls through the hopper at the top then it looks like they get stuck and don't dispense. Is there something simple I might be missing? I saw it was kind of easy to take the plastic off the back but i don't want to risk breaking anything. Any pointers you can give me to check if I have a jam or something is appreciated
    Do the led lights in the upper left of the frame come on when it happens? Might want to drain all the balls via the ball dump, refill and retry. Could have a blockage? Both lanes of ball ramp should flow freely.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pic of the top back of your machine in its current state would be a help..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do the led lights in the upper left of the frame come on when it happens? Might want to drain all the balls via the ball dump, refill and retry. Could have a blockage? Both lanes of ball ramp should flow freely.
    Now i know to just wait for my reply to show up rather than keep replying. Sorry about that!

I'm not sure actually about the lights. So yesterday when i was playing and had it powered on it sort of randomly just emptied out whenever was in the hopper so I don't think there's a blockage. I was moving it around a little bit and it emptied out after i lifted this white piece of plastic near the back. If i put a small handful of balls in it again then they don't come back down into the tray. Is there a timer or otherwise it waits until there's a certain amount in the hopper to release?

I'll post a photo shortly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some images. I tried uploading directly in a message within here but ran into problems. Sorry for the delay!

https://ibb.co/JrvpZZh
    https://ibb.co/9p8svKH
    https://ibb.co/xX9SKVT
    https://ibb.co/xCPRKR9

20. The following user says "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

22. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So yesterday when i was playing and had it powered on it sort of randomly just emptied out whenever was in the hopper so I don't think there's a blockage.
    how did it empty and where?? did they dump out the back bottom or did the mechanically and rhythmically dispense balls to the front trays?

I was moving it around a little bit and it emptied out after i lifted this white piece of plastic near the back.
    what white piece?

If i put a small handful of balls in it again then they don't come back down into the tray.
    what id you fill the back top hopper.. lots of balls in the back top hopper keep it full..

Is there a timer or otherwise it waits until there's a certain amount in the hopper to release?

I'll post a photo shortly.
    there are weight activated sensors that tell a machine when it is full..

the pics that MrGneiss posted for you don't show any or enough balls loaded..

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    how did it empty and where?? did they dump out the back bottom or did the mechanically and rhythmically dispense balls to the front trays?

what white piece?

what id you fill the back top hopper.. lots of balls in the back top hopper keep it full..

there are weight activated sensors that tell a machine when it is full..

the pics that MrGneiss posted for you don't show any or enough balls loaded..

They mechanically and rhythmically dispensed balls to the front tray. It felt entirely random though after i lifted that white piece that you can see in the 2nd picture that
    MrGneiss reattached. Its near the top right (attached below). In the pictures i took, it was completely empty minus a few balls. Maybe you answered my question by saying that its weight activated sensors that handle dispensing the balls, but it felt pretty random to me...I essentially moved the machine and lifted that white lever and then all the balls dispensed to the front tray. Is there another way to manually force balls to dispense to the front tray through the hopper?

Last edited by MrGneiss; 12-30-2020 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Image link not working so removed..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They mechanically and rhythmically dispensed balls to the front tray. It felt entirely random though after i lifted that white piece that you can see in the 2nd picture that
    MrGneiss reattached. Its near the top right (attached below). In the pictures i took, it was completely empty minus a few balls. Maybe you answered my question by saying that its weight activated sensors that handle dispensing the balls, but it felt pretty random to me...I essentially moved the machine and lifted that white lever and then all the balls dispensed to the front tray. Is there another way to manually force balls to dispense to the front tray through the hopper?
    it sounds like your moved the ball block and moved it at the same time..

when you moved the ball block the macine is trying to get caught up on old payouts.. keep filling the top back hopper and the machine will get itself caught up.. (moving it is just a coincidence)

to answer your last question
    yes
    a super cool daverob dongle..

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    it sounds like your moved the ball block and moved it at the same time..

when you moved the ball block the macine is trying to get caught up on old payouts.. keep filling the top back hopper and the machine will get itself caught up.. (moving it is just a coincidence)

to answer your last question
    yes
    a super cool daverob dongle..

sorry im not sure why i have such a hard time uploading photos. I think you are right. It's basically a white piece of plastic that holds the balls back where they go into the two lanes. you flip it up and balls can flow freely. I'm pretty sure i moved the machine and then had that lifted up and the balls dispensed.

I'm gonna look into the daverob dongle! sounds like what i want.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ka0s_992