Thread: Just purchased a New Gin and need some help identifying it's heritage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just purchased a New Gin and need some help identifying it's heritage

Good day all,

I joined yesterday, in an attempt to learn more about these Pachinko machines, just picked my 1st up yesterday on Face Book marketplace for $40.

After spending a few hours working out why it did not work, there were jammed balls inside some of the places where balls get jammed, it seems to work quite well, without adding power, and adding a few rubber bands to temporarily hold open three of the "balls near empty" mechanical switches. Yes, there are about 50 or so balls, most not rusted, but not enough to hold the switches.

It appears this unit was imported to New York city, but that is all I got from the stickers, the front (lower right) corner's stickers are not in English and provide no help at all.

Electrically, it does appear to be sound, there is surface corrosion/tarnish on the copper terminals which require cleaning, motors and actuators do not appear to exist, only reed switches and light bulbs, I presume 10V or or so?

I would appreciate some help in make (New Gin)/model/year, as well as value, if possible, there are images attached.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,front1.JPGfront2.JPGfront3.JPGback1.JPGback2.JPGback3.JPGback4.JPG
    Mark

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emcwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just purchased a New Gin and need some help identifying it's heritage

Yes, 10-12 volt wall wart or a simple 9v battery will power the lights. If you can get a more clear photo of the stickers, the tax stamp will have a Showa year number that can be used to date the machine. The machine looks like it will clean up nicely. $40 is a fair price. Usually the mid-1970's machines sell for about $50, more or less depending on condition and the number of decent balls included.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just purchased a New Gin and need some help identifying it's heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Yes, 10-12 volt wall wart or a simple 9v battery will power the lights. If you can get a more clear photo of the stickers, the tax stamp will have a Showa year number that can be used to date the machine. The machine looks like it will clean up nicely. $40 is a fair price. Usually the mid-1970's machines sell for about $50, more or less depending on condition and the number of decent balls included.
    eBay says $887.87

I needed a good chuckle today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    eBay says $887.87

I needed a good chuckle today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ��

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apparently Pachitalk didn't like my eyeroll emoji

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138