Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super Stadium Lumina frame help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Super Stadium Lumina frame help

I’ve been wanting this machine for awhile so when I found out someone had it 2 hours away I had to get it. They said was working fully but they didn’t know much about it so I was taking a gamble. We met halfway so I was unable to test it before hand. It was in a garage for about 15 years unused with thick layers of dust everywhere.

Only problems I have found are:
    #1 the chance button is pressed in flat and does not come back up. (Lights up on a reset)

#2 the reels do not spin when you get the ball in the start pocket. Sounds work and you can even hear the sounds for each of the 3 reels to stop but they do not move.

The start up seems to be the same as what I have seen on YouTube when I reset it. The whole unit rotates as it should but the reels still won’t work. I have videos of a reset, turning it on with no reset and putting a ball in the start hole. But Tapatalk doesn’t seem to let me upload them. Here are the front a rear pics of the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Super Stadium Lumina frame help

First thought is to remove, inspect and re-seat each connection to see about getting the reels spinning again. The chance button may require some removal to check into.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Yoon Sona. In that frame that's a similar set up. But it's in a packing crate at the moment. Its probably worth stripping out the front frame and fixing the button. It may have had something sticky spilt on it. Check daverobs page for a lumina frame manual.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I have Yoon Sona. In that frame that's a similar set up. But it's in a packing crate at the moment. Its probably worth stripping out the front frame and fixing the button. It may have had something sticky spilt on it. Check daverobs page for a lumina frame manual.
    Thanks! I will probably do that. If nothing else I could maybe find another cell to swap out and use in the frame.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everything lights up in the reels so it’s odd they won’t spin but I’m not too knowledgeable with the electronics. I have some pachislots so I thought I might look at how the reels work to see if they are similar. I have downloaded the lumina frame manual and that is really cool and detailed for the frame. It doesn’t talk about the specific reels but I’m sure that is because it covers all the main components that the cells share.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope they didn’t overcharge you for it! Nothing worse than a shyster claiming it “works” when there’s issues. Are all 4 pink connectors plugged in?

Good news it’s a Lumina and there’s lots of cells available should that one be broken beyond repair. I’ve got a bunch myself I’ve been thinking of selling.

Compirate has one of those Super Stadium cells in his garage last time I stopped by...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    I hope they didn’t overcharge you for it! Nothing worse than a shyster claiming it “works” when there’s issues. Are all 4 pink connectors plugged in?

Good news it’s a Lumina and there’s lots of cells available should that one be broken beyond repair. I’ve got a bunch myself I’ve been thinking of selling.

Compirate has one of those Super Stadium cells in his garage last time I stopped by...
    I will check the connecters after work. Definitely send me a message if you decide to sell any of the cells. I’d be interested. Is Compirate a member here?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BGTsoccer1 View Post
    I will check the connecters after work. Definitely send me a message if you decide to sell any of the cells. I’d be interested. Is Compirate a member here?

Yeah, he’s around here somewhere and he’s got a large collection. He generously offered me his Super Stadium cell for free but I didn’t take it since I was more into hanemono at the time and didn’t want to get TOO greedy! So left some behind for the next guy.

Be warned; lumina cells and electronic components are getting older; they can and do stop working even when not used.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, he’s around here somewhere and he’s got a large collection. He generously offered me his Super Stadium cell for free but I didn’t take it since I was more into hanemono at the time and didn’t want to get TOO greedy! So left some behind for the next guy.

Be warned; lumina cells and electronic components are getting older; they can and do stop working even when not used.
    I was only able to locate 1 of the pink connectors. It seems like there is an additional board on the machine over the power Supply board that blocks one of them. I need to look at the manual more to locate the others. Also the main board area looks different on the super stadium than the manual.

I was able to take some pictures with it on and everything lights up on the reels and changes colors just won’t spin. I’ll probably have to start taking some things apart as I figure out how to lol.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to BGTsoccer1

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Chance button will need to be free (moving up and down ) . Possibly some Windex sprayed on a microfiber cloth and cleaning around it would free it up otherwise a careful disassembly (with lots of photos ) of the front tray .

The power supply board should have a clear plastic tab on the right hand side to slide the board to the left . Make sure all connectors are disconnected before sliding to the left .

The best of luck and happy holidays!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

16. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I remember. There are a lot of fuses and indicator leds on the lumina. Power supply. Check all of those too. It might be one of the voltages is out.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I could totally be thinking about a different pachi, but I swear when these were common here, there was a problem with the reels getting knocked out of place during shipping!!

Ok..I did a quick search and I guess I was right..here are just a couple threads I saw!!

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...m-Reel-Problem

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ating-properly

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I remember. There are a lot of fuses and indicator leds on the lumina. Power supply. Check all of those too. It might be one of the voltages is out.
    There are a lot of fuses and all look to be lit up from what I can see. There is a board covering them on this machine so I can’t be sure but I am fairly confident they are lit up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I could totally be thinking about a different pachi, but I swear when these were common here, there was a problem with the reels getting knocked out of place during shipping!!

Ok..I did a quick search and I guess I was right..here are just a couple threads I saw!!

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...m-Reel-Problem

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ating-properly
    This sounds like my problem! I don’t have a rotary tool to cut the plastic but that seems the easier way to go. Although, as dusty as it is I really should pull it all apart and clean it out. Maybe if I can get it working I’ll try a tear down and cleaning later on. I’d really just like to get it working first. Oh an the volume on this thing is crazy loud. They had one speaker disconnected and it was still super loud lol. So I’ll need to get volume controls installed too.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to BGTsoccer1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could always get a 2nd cell while you repair that one

There’s a cool dinosaur hanemono with 777 yen start!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e486644263

Vicky chance is fun; no troublesome mechanical reels or LCD screen and related components go bad either; just LEDs which are pretty reliable:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q387204398

25. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could always get a 2nd cell while you repair that one

There’s a cool dinosaur hanemono with 777 yen start!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e486644263

Vicky chance is fun; no troublesome mechanical reels or LCD screen and related components go bad either; just LEDs which are pretty reliable:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q387204398
    Any idea aprox how much shipping ends up on cells using fromJapan proxy? I definitely want to buy some for the frame!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BGTsoccer1 View Post
    Any idea aprox how much shipping ends up on cells using fromJapan proxy? I definitely want to buy some for the frame!

Usually between $120-160, depending on the weight/size of box used.

The Poochies cell I imported last week cost about $160 for FedEx priority; economy is no longer an option due to Covid I guess.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way a member here made a how to video for lumina cell swapping; which may be helpful removing it for repair (or if you get a different cell). You can access all the connectors this way just to confirm everything is plugged in. Sounds like a known issue though with the reels themselves though. Good luck!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNJtJkQXoc

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way a member here made a how to video for lumina cell swapping; which may be helpful removing it for repair (or if you get a different cell). You can access all the connectors this way just to confirm everything is plugged in. Sounds like a known issue though with the reels themselves though. Good luck!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNJtJkQXoc
    This will be helpful for sure! I have tried to follow and just set the reels through the hole but I’m not having any luck at all so I’m thinking about going ahead and removing the whole reel setup and taking a closer look at it. Still hoping it’s as simple as getting them set in correctly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just make sure when buying Lumina cels. That if you have a CR frame with the 2 buttons on the front, that the cels are also the CR version. A cash cel will not work in a CR frame.
    Ian #UKPachinko

33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast