Thread: Coin accepter and stop buttons not working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Coin accepter and stop buttons not working

Hi all,

I just bought my third Pachislo yesterday. It is a Red White & Blue Type A by IGT Japan made in 96. Came with about 50 tokens. It powers up fine, all the lights work with the exception of one bulb I need to change. But it has a few slight problems.

When you put the tokens in, 3/4 of the time it just spits the token back out, displays "CE", and needs cleared with the key. The tokens are not dirty or bad, they appear fine. I plan on trying some of my known good tokens on it to see but I really don't suspect it is the tokens. I checked the coin acceptor and it didn't look bad or feel too dirty, but I may hit it with a little rubbing alcohol and a towel.

The second problem it has is none of the reel stop buttons work. You have to wait for the machine to stop itself. At first I thought the buttons went bad, but it would be hard to believe three buttons went bad on a machine of this condition that shows very little signs of use. So, while the reels were spinning, I attempted to bridge the two pins where a stop button plugs into, and that had no effect. The reel kept spinning. Maybe I didn't have a great connection, I want to look at it more in depth when I have more time.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be up with this machine?

Thanks,

Jay

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Coin accepter and stop buttons not working

Sounds like dirty or faulty sensors in the token acceptor causing that error.

A for teh stop buttons, Check the fuse on the stop board. If its blown, then the capacitors have probably gone bad on the board.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Jay,
    Clean the entire pathway through the token mechanism. Disconnect the connectors and replace them snugly. Some q-tips may also help with cleaning that path. While you're at it, disconnect all of the hopper connectors, slide it out, empty it and clean it with damp cloth. Make the token spinner apparatus turns with some resistance. That should take care of the token path and the CE error. The reel stop is probably a board problem. As you read through all of the reports on this forum, you may find that many forum participants have isolated the error to the C10 capacitor on the reel stop board. It's probably the only board in the machine (except the power supply) that has an obvious fuse. It is usually a 1 amp fuse. If you put in a new fuse and it blows again, then likely the capacitors on the board are the culprits. The capacitors are readily available at electronics houses. You probably can get what you want quicker, but pricier on Amazon. Ebay has a lot of capacitor listings. Hope this helps!