Thread: Replacement screen for a Sankyo Big Power Fever

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Replacement screen for a Sankyo Big Power Fever

IMG_0308.jpegIMG_0307.jpeg

I only have experience with vintage machines, but I've been wanting to get a modern one just to play with. I don't see them come up very often in my area and then this one posted for $100. I've seen the machine in person and everything works except for the screen. The current owner says that she has seen it come on briefly before flickering off. I haven't see it come on at all. Are these screens easy to find/replace? Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Replacement screen for a Sankyo Big Power Fever

Quote Originally Posted by mgrass View Post
    IMG_0308.jpegIMG_0307.jpeg

I only have experience with vintage machines, but I've been wanting to get a modern one just to play with. I don't see them come up very often in my area and then this one posted for $100. I've seen the machine in person and everything works except for the screen. The current owner says that she has seen it come on briefly before flickering off. I haven't see it come on at all. Are these screens easy to find/replace? Thanks!!
    Honestly, $100 is much too high for a 20 year old machine with non-working screen. I’ve bought many machines from this era working for $60. It’s a CRT screen, not sure how difficult would to find, but probably would involve lots of searching. I’d pass on it if you didn’t already buy it and keep looking; there’s always another machine right around the corner...

As it sits half functional I’d say it’s worth maybe $40 tops as a project. First thing to check is for a loose connector.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Replacement screen for a Sankyo Big Power Fever

Thanks! I didn't purchase and I really don't want another massive project on top of the vintage one I'm currently restoring. I was really just looking for something to sit down to immediately enjoy. Thanks for your response! There's definitely always another machine.