Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question About Voltage/Power/Transformers, etc....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Question About Voltage/Power/Transformers, etc....

So I've been talking to a guy who is shipping a pachislo machine that I've been wanting for awhile. Thing is...with all the machines I've ever bought, they have been already sold by a guy in USA. I'm not 100% familiar with transformers or the different voltage that USA's appliances use over Japanese appliances. All I've ever been told is that if I get a pachislo from Japan, how do I go about making sure it's compatible to use as soon as I plug it in? I don't want to fry the machine to bits. I've been saving up my money this entire year to spend on one good machine and I don't want to see it explode on me. What do I need to know and if I need to exchange anything in the machine, are there any videos you guys could provide? I'm just super nervous about screwing up something and I don't want to just be an arrogant guy and go "yay, my machine arrived! Let's play!!!" and I plug it in and the thing just dies on me. What do I check for in a machine to make sure it's going to work in USA? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by poshun View Post
    So I've been talking to a guy who is shipping a pachislo machine that I've been wanting for awhile. Thing is...with all the machines I've ever bought, they have been already sold by a guy in USA. I'm not 100% familiar with transformers or the different voltage that USA's appliances use over Japanese appliances. All I've ever been told is that if I get a pachislo from Japan, how do I go about making sure it's compatible to use as soon as I plug it in? I don't want to fry the machine to bits. I've been saving up my money this entire year to spend on one good machine and I don't want to see it explode on me. What do I need to know and if I need to exchange anything in the machine, are there any videos you guys could provide? I'm just super nervous about screwing up something and I don't want to just be an arrogant guy and go "yay, my machine arrived! Let's play!!!" and I plug it in and the thing just dies on me. What do I check for in a machine to make sure it's going to work in USA? Thanks!
    You need a transformer for 24v if they aren’t including one. They sell them on eBay for around $10. But you have to wire them up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/OPEN-FRAME-...-/133331223765

Some foreign vendors will send you a transformer for US voltage if you ask nicely!

Luckily I’ve got one of the big transformers Compirate gave me from a parlor you can plug 4 machines into at once if I get a machine without at transformer.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question About Voltage/Power/Transformers, etc....

Well. I suggest waiting till it gets here. Unlike pachinkos. So pachislos are 100vac rather than 24vac. Unless you know for sure it's a 24vac machine.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it does come without a transformer would this work?:

https://www.ebay.com/c/1237469394

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Well. I suggest waiting till it gets here. Unlike pachinkos. So pachislos are 100vac rather than 24vac. Unless you know for sure it's a 24vac machine.
    if it simply is a 100vac, would I still have to get a transformer since USA just uses 120? Or is the difference to great?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That a european adaptor. 50W is way to low. I run a 300W transformer for my slos.

If it is a 100VAC machine, you ask the golden question. Lots of people just plug it straight in to their 110 vac household supply without an issue. But there is always a chance because your running 10% higher than spec.

having said that. When I took my ball counter apart it was originally fitted with a 100-240vac switching psu. Goodness knows why, as it is only ever intended for Japanese parlours. In the end. If it is a 100vac machine. Its your own gamble.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That a european adaptor. 50W is way to low. I run a 300W transformer for my slos.

If it is a 100VAC machine, you ask the golden question. Lots of people just plug it straight in to their 110 vac household supply without an issue. But there is always a chance because your running 10% higher than spec.

having said that. When I took my ball counter apart it was originally fitted with a 100-240vac switching psu. Goodness knows why, as it is only ever intended for Japanese parlours. In the end. If it is a 100vac machine. Its your own gamble.
    I did a ton of research and I think this is the one I will purchase. I'm much more comfortable now understanding voltage. (I was quite ignorant for a 28 year old not to know about the generals of electricity)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VCT-VT-500J...oAAOSwwOhe~8jB

What do you think about this one? I know it's a 100 W transformer. What's the lowest W that you think these machines can handle without gambling on the integrity of them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At 100vac. 100watt is equivalent to 1A (I think) for a ultra modern. I would think 8-10A is required. For ones a few years old 5-8A

It all depends on how many whistles and bells it has on it.

I always use the car battery as an example.

A standard car battery is 12v.
    A standard AA battery is 1.5v.
    If you connect 8 AA batteries together, you also get 12v.
    Do you think you can start a car with those AA batteries. It's the same voltage. Of course not. It will just suck the power straight out of those little batteries in an instant.

It's the same with transformers. If you use an underrated one. They get really hot as they are trying to work harder than designed. Then the voltage starts to drop. The enamel coating breaks down with the heat causing shorts in the coils. Which then accelerates the process. Then it either dies, catches fire, or both.

It's a pain. But waiting for the machine to arrive. You can then see the data plate. Telling you the voltage and the power rating. Then if you need a transformer. You can get the right one.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Of course. If you say what model your getting. Someone might have it or be able to look up the information.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Of course. If you say what model your getting. Someone might have it or be able to look up the information.
    The pachislo in discussion is Rio Spa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At 100vac. 100watt is equivalent to 1A (I think) for a ultra modern. I would think 8-10A is required. For ones a few years old 5-8A

It all depends on how many whistles and bells it has on it.

I always use the car battery as an example.

A standard car battery is 12v.
    A standard AA battery is 1.5v.
    If you connect 8 AA batteries together, you also get 12v.
    Do you think you can start a car with those AA batteries. It's the same voltage. Of course not. It will just suck the power straight out of those little batteries in an instant.

It's the same with transformers. If you use an underrated one. They get really hot as they are trying to work harder than designed. Then the voltage starts to drop. The enamel coating breaks down with the heat causing shorts in the coils. Which then accelerates the process. Then it either dies, catches fire, or both.

It's a pain. But waiting for the machine to arrive. You can then see the data plate. Telling you the voltage and the power rating. Then if you need a transformer. You can get the right one.
    Yes it is quite a pain. As you see, I can either be classified as impatient at the moment or an "overachiever" trying to prepare for the machine to be here so that I don't have to wait to play it when it comes...but as mentioned earlier, it is a Rio Spa pachislo. Not any special whistles or bells to be honest. It appears to be a standard machine. I like your analogy of the car battery as well haha. It made sense to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For what it’s worth, here’s a pic of the RIB model transformers that came installed on all 7 of the machines I got from the closed Pachinko World parlor; they are big and heavy and don’t get as hot as the smaller 6a transformer that JT Comatz trading includes.
    These sell for $40-60. They are sufficient enough to pass electrical inspection because they were direct wired in the parlor; so that’s good enough for me!

No idea how many amps it is but it powers all these 2013+ models without getting really hot or having any issues during a fever.

Transformer JT Comatz sent me (gets hot, no issues though)
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 12-04-2020 at 02:02 PM.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    For what it’s worth, here’s a pic of the RIB model transformers that came installed on all 7 of the machines I got from the closed Pachinko World parlor; they are big and heavy and don’t get as hot as the smaller 6a transformer that JT Comatz trading includes.
    These sell for $40-60. They are sufficient enough to pass electrical inspection because they were direct wired in the parlor; so that’s good enough for me!

No idea how many amps it is but it powers all these 2013+ models without getting really hot or having any issues during a fever.
    Interesting. Speaking of JT Comatz, is this the Sara you were speaking of? I only ask because she comes up as "Aki Yang", but of course I'm sure she has an online name to easier go by. I want to make sure I have the same sales rep as you had due to your success with her lol.

Sara.PNG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by poshun View Post
    Interesting. Speaking of JT Comatz, is this the Sara you were speaking of? I only ask because she comes up as "Aki Yang", but of course I'm sure she has an online name to easier go by. I want to make sure I have the same sales rep as you had due to your success with her lol.

Sara.PNG
    Yeah, that’s her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Yeah, that’s her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    ~ Kenji Sama Reporting In ! ~

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm.
    Well all the auctions for Rio de carnival don't show an internal transformer fitted. And no note of supplied transformer. So you MIGHT not need one.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm.
    Well all the auctions for Rio de carnival don't show an internal transformer fitted. And no note of supplied transformer. So you MIGHT not need one.

Interesting. Do companies usually follow their own pattern when it comes to how they fit their machines each time a new model comes out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe I should have said. I don't see evidence of a 3rd party transformer fitted inside the cabinet.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe I should have said. I don't see evidence of a 3rd party transformer fitted inside the cabinet.

ahh gotchya

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the sticker from my Magical Halloween. Stating it's a 100v machine at 60W

20201208_165340_resized.jpg

Note. You can not go by the plug on it as they use the same plug for 100v and 24v machines.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 12-09-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast