Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I get info on my new/old machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Can I get info on my new/old machine

Can I get some info on my recently acquired Nishijin single shot machine, history or age. I'm guessing its early 50's or maybe earlier. I want to refinish the cabinet but don't want to ruin any originality. I think its mahogany but I'm not sure, it may have been refinished in the past. There are no stickers, id plates, or labels on it at all. There is the Nishijin name on the plastic loading plate. All the mechanism (not all working right now) is sheet metal and almost looks hand made. The face is in beautiful condition and I'm anxious to get started on it but I want to do it right. Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Jerrybb

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can I get info on my new/old machine

I can't be much help but Kyoraku is a sperate company to Nishijin.

京楽
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’d say probably mid-fifties, cool machine! I wouldn’t do anything to it but get it working. I’ve got a 57’ Misono that’s kinda similar, the playfield is in way better shape than most any 70’s Nishijin... they don’t make em’ like they used to!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Never seen an early '50s Koraku before! I call it "early" because of the almost total lack of plastic. The plastic ball paths on the back are always very brittle and crumble easily! Usually the plastic is formed around a (probably wooden) mold while hot. Making a custom part that is hard to replicate. Your plastic parts are flat pieces held in sheet metal. If yours ever break, a piece of Plexiglass would fix it easily!
    I would love to see it work. It looks complete, but as I work the jackpot sequence in my head...some things just don't seem right.
    First of all, you need to clear those balls out from in front of the see saw. Then you have to have at least 100 balls for testing.I can't see the whole thing, but the ball dump hook needs to be in the down position. The tilting track above the spring...I call this, the "measuring tray". Because it holds 15 balls. The ball dump hook stops the balls from rolling down the ball dump chute on the left side. Drop only a few balls into the top tray. I am assuming it has a top tray. They are often damaged or crushed...I was trying to see yours. Make sure they stop at the ball dump hook and don't fall out. If so...put them all in. Typically there should be no balls visible in the jackpot (viewed from front) You need to fill it by tilting the tray. Just to the left of the lower bell is a hook holding a pin. Move the pin to the right, and push the pin down. This will tilt the measuring tray...dropping 15 balls onto what I call the "tilting tray". (I call it that, because it performs an action as it tilts. In this case, it resets the see saw using the green bar on the left) The balls roll off the tilting tray into the circular jackpot,now visible from the front.
    The machine is now ready to test. Resist the temptation to squeeze a ball through the spring to trigger a jackpot! If the spring steel stretches...it will never be tight coils again! Remove the glass and test by dropping in front pockets. Avoiding the top one until you fasten the spring. See saw on back should be in the UP position. (as it is in your pic)
    As a JP ball falls...many things happen quickly. Ball enters the seesaw, and U turns as see saw tilts down (see saw stays down)
    Here is where I get confused. There are some tracks below the see saw. The ball exits see saw and either drops straight down...or, goes right then back left, before going down. Just before the bell, it trips a brass lever that pushes up a wire that looks like something is missing. This wire bumps the linkage that opens the jackpot. Balls fall onto bell out the front. Meanwhile, JP ball rolls left off of brass lever that just dropped the jackpot, to theft, down over a lever that unhooks the pin allowing ball to tilt the bar that lifts the green bar on the right. This trips the measuring tray...dumping balls onto the tilting tray. As the tray tilts, it lifts the left green bar, activating a tiny lever that resets the see saw to the UP position. Because this action was triggered after the wire bumped the JP...the JP has already dumped and closed. The still falling balls on the tilting tray roll into the JP (visible from the front). As the weight of the balls filling the JP are no longer on the measuring tray, it returns up to be refilled with 15 more balls.
    Ready to repeat! Don't worry...I'm not gonna repeat!
    I have an old Comicgo With a plate like that that says DELUXE. Looks like it was stained. original color under blue ball plate.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Silly me...Welcome to Pachitalk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk. I would agree that it is probably mid-50's based on the style of the front tray and chrome prize pockets. It is a bit strange to have a Nishijin plastic guard around the ball entry and Kyoraku center feature. It may be possible someone added the guard at a later time since a machine of this age would often have a brass plate around the ball entry.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk. I would agree that it is probably mid-50's based on the style of the front tray and chrome prize pockets. It is a bit strange to have a Nishijin plastic guard around the ball entry and Kyoraku center feature. It may be possible someone added the guard at a later time since a machine of this age would often have a brass plate around the ball entry.
    My 57’ Misono has a very similar blue plastic ball loader guard as that machine, so I think it’s probably “stock”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comicgo...unknown year
    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=comicgo

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can enlarge Jerrybb's image...but can't post just the blue plate. Stars, Circles, and Card suits. Plain flat, or contoured, fancy script or block letters...at least they had a lot of options to choose from. I doubt the same manufacturer (although that happens) possibly shape and EXACT color.
    The link earlier was in case you see anything useful...learn from others mistakes!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what is the point of that little long window above the shooter area?
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks so much for the detailed replies, I'll work on the back soon. The top tray is sheet metal and the soldered joints have come apart and the metal is bent. An easy fix, and I can resolder the two joints. I'll get a closeup shot of just the loader plate and post it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    what is the point of that little long window above the shooter area?
    I’m pretty sure it’s to let you know if there’s a ball jam below the seesaw; if the the payout spoon/lever gets stuck and winning balls start piling up you can see them through the tiny window and call the attendant presumably.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

22. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Jerrybb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you tell me what the spring is for on the top see-saw under the loading tray? This one is stretched, of course, and I can replace it but I don't see what it does unless its in the wrong place or something is missing. Thanks, I'm still playing with this old timer. From what I've researched its 1952 or 53. IMG_20201206_152153219_HDR.jpg

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Jerrybb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just a guess..

of you bend the end that is bent out back down i would guess it is the ball stop..

the spring tension would hold it in place as you shift it open and closed..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When down, it is a ball stop. it starts the ball count in the measuring tray. the 15th ball is at the seam of the measuring tray to the track from the ball hopper. when up, or open it lets the balls flow to a tube on the left to empty the ball hopper. also known as "ball dump".

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see what you're talking about but the piece the spring is connected to doesn't move, its held in place solidly with 2 screws. The only thing moving is the arm above (seesaw?) and its free to move. I'll work on this with my son, he has 3 machines himself and found this one for me. I'm doomed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast